Indy 5 news 2018

Joe Brody

WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

Udvarnoky said:
UK was home base for the first three films, so this is a nice return to tradition. I consider it a positive sign that Spielberg is not insisting on staying stateside, as he had with Crystal Skull.

His kid must be out of college.

Udvarnoky said:
Ford just needs to avoid plane crashes for the next twelve months, which is plenty of time to polish the script (which as of the fall Koepp was calling nearly done) and prep the heck out of the production.

Hilarious and hire Ryan Gosling to be Ford's sparring partner.

As for story, I think the success of Game of Thrones will make it a swords and sorcery type story hopefully with a Roman element for good measure.

FordFan

Spielberg and Kaminski allegedly watched the original trilogy, in hopes that Kaminski would emulate that style for Indy 4. Apparently, it didn't take. Indy 4 is washed out and looks terrible.

Here's hoping they capture that Slocombe style. Shooting in England is a good sign.

seasider

The first 3 films had always been a major collaboration between UK and US films crews. KOTCS was pretty much a Hollywood production from start to finish and it showed in the final product. Lucas would later remark that KOTCS was the first time he had even worked in Hollywood for a movie.

It's nice to see that we're probably getting somewhat of a return to that with Indy 5. My guess is the UK shoot will have more to do with sound stage production and interior shots before they go on location.

Walecs

micsteam said:
Lucasfilm/Disney signed with Pinewood Studios to do not one but TWO Indiana Jones films, this did indeed happen as Lucasfilm/Disney signed to make the next two more Star Wars movies ( after finishing TFA) at Pinewood they signed for two Indy movies. :hat:

Did they? What's the source for this?

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Doctor Jones'89 said:
Wow! So basically they've already got the story + casting and the rest sorted. Makes sense, if you think about it, but they've been quite reticent about detailed info so far. Let's hope to hear more soon!
Its been known since Fall 2017 that David Koepp finished the script Harrison Revealed It In An Issue of GQ Magazine!

I have to say I am super excited for a Disney Produced Iniana Jones film If Its as good as The Disney produced Star Wars movies then i think we are all in for a treat!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Walecs said:
Did they? What's the source for this?
From February 2014.

Spielberg's speech, Indy news around 7:00:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-iGw5X78n-g" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Full quote:
?It?s always worth the trip when I get to work with this deep bench of talent coming out of the UK. The actors, and the crew, the chippies, the sparks, the drivers ? everybody who has helped me make my movies here, and will continue helping me make my movies here when I come back in April 2019 to make the fifth Indiana Jones movie right here.?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Moedred said:
From February 2014.

Spielberg's speech, Indy news around 7:00:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-iGw5X78n-g" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Full quote:

I think he (Walecs) means the "6th" movie.

Udvarnoky

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
Its been known since Fall 2017 that David Koepp finished the script Harrison Revealed It In An Issue of GQ Magazine!

In that article, Ford only said that he had been sent the latest version of the script to read.

micsteam

Thanks Face Palm, but the article was actually more recent than 2014 and specified ( almost in passing) that in addition to multiple Star Wars movies being contracted with Pinewood Studios that Lucasfilm/Disney contracted two Indiana Jones movies. I'm trying to find the article again. I'll update as soon as I get it. :hat:

IndyBuff

Looks like things seem to be moving ahead, which a good sign. I still wish they'd release the film next year like originally intended, but at least something it finally happening.

Randy_Flagg

Henry Jones VII said:
I think it comes as no surprise, the timeframe of the story.
It's a bit surprising. I thought it would be set in the 70s, considering Harrison's age. He'll be 77, won't he? So if he's playing his own age, the movie should be set in 1977. Taking it back to the 60s means he's playing Indy about a decade younger than his real age. Either it's because they think a 77 year old Indy is too old, or it's because there's something about the story that specifically relates to what was happening in the real world in the 1960s.

Udvarnoky

Harrison Ford has always been older than Indy. Pretty sure he's supposed to be mid-30s in Raiders, when Ford was in fact pushing 40. Temple was made three years later yet took place earlier than Raiders, stretching the gap further. Last Crusade is even more egregious - it's meant to be a mere two years after Raiders and was filmed eight years after. Ford is ten years older than his character in that movie.

Indy is meant to be 58 in Crystal Skull, when in fact Ford was 65. I actually think they pulled that illusion off better than Ford still being in his thirties in Last Crusade. If they ask us to believe Indy is in his late 60s in Indy 5, that's well in line.