Petition to publish Staff of Kings novelization!

Goonie

Insomniac said:
Wow keep posting links!(y)

I've also posted the message and link to the petition over at the Rebelscum boards.

We're at 271 signatures!:D

Does anyone here happen to speak Japanese and are maybe signed up to any Japanese message boards? The Japanese seem to like Indy, They'd probably sign the petition. I've been monitoring the locations of the sigs and it's mainly North America, Europe, and Australia. We could use some support from Asian countries as well.:)

DocWhiskey

Sigs are starting to pile up now. Good to see. Hopefully the new installment of the Indycast will really boost things up.

Goonie

DocWhiskey said:
Sigs are starting to pile up now. Good to see. Hopefully the new installment of the Indycast will really boost things up.

Just listened to the Indy Cast. Ed did mention it and posted the links on the show notes page at TheForce.net (y)

lao che & sons

I have written a notice about the petition on the Eurobricks Forums Lego site.
There are A LOT of Indiana Jones fans over there. I think we'll get some more
signatures.

If everyone posts this on sites that they are involved in we can get plenty more signatures. So spread the word!

EDIT: I just posted about this on sir steves guide star wars forums. I hope we get some more signatures!

Last edited:

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
fixer79 said:
346!

How much y'guys reckon we'll need?

I would say at least a few thousand to make an impact. When novels are printed they usually run at least 50,000 copies. So we need to justify that. How can we get this petition to impact on a global scale? Would news agencies help? Could CNN.Com help? I just wish we could make it happen.

The publisher is already keeping an eye on it... they think its pretty neat. So that means they may be open to it as long as Lucas gives the go ahead. So KEEP pushing it folks. I am thrilled to have the 400 we have now! Quite a lot in only a week.

fixer79

403!

Shipwreck said:
I would say at least a few thousand to make an impact. When novels are printed they usually run at least 50,000 copies. So we need to justify that.

Dang, we ain't there just yet...

I started rounding up my fellow ghostheads and Joes by posting the link on Ghostbusters and G.I. Joe fansites. :)

DocWhiskey

fixer79 said:
I started rounding up my fellow ghostheads and Joes by posting the link on Ghostbusters and G.I. Joe fansites. :)

Oh damn, are you a ghost head, fixer?! Hell yes, gbfans.com and protoncharging are my Mecca beside raider.net.

fixer79

bennihana123

Well, I don't know how much an e-book usually goes for, but new novels on the Kindle are usually around $10. So if we have around 440 signatures, and everyone who signed it buys an e-book, then that's $4,400. Hmm. Not enough to get George's attention, I think.

lao che & sons

I've been reading the signatures and have noticed some obvious fake ones such as "ur mom" or "poop sandwich":( :mad: :( . This is the major problem I have with doing and online petition:p . I'm pretty sure Lucas wants to see that his mom signed.;)

LUCAS: "Oh look my mom signed this thing I guess it's important!" :)

Goonie

lao che & sons said:
I've been reading the signatures and have noticed some obvious fake ones such as "ur mom" or "poop sandwich":( :mad: :( . This is the major problem I have with doing and online petition:p . I'm pretty sure Lucas wants to see that his mom signed.;)

LUCAS: "Oh look my mom signed this thing I guess it's important!" :)

Is there anyway to filter the petition, before submitting it? :confused:

Morning Bell

I'm really anxious to read this, especially after playing the game. Granted, it's a lot of fun but the story is kind of muddled and loosely pieced together. The novelization would not only have made the game easier to understand but it would have been great for those who didn't play the game as well. The petition is off to a good start but we still have a long way to go.