What is the Best 90's Indy novel?

westford

I've read 'Genesis Deluge', 'Dance of the Giants', and 'Seven Veils'. GD was the best of them IMO.

I got 'Hollow Earth' and 'Interior World' from my local book shop a few days ago, haven't read them yet. Might go back for 'White Witch' and 'Philosopher's Stone' too (the only other ones they had in stock).

monkey

Look no further

Look no further.

You've come to the right place.

And best of all.........it's free.

For the best Indy fiction in print.....check out the Fan Fiction available on this web site.

wink wink, nod nod,,.....

Indy1936

I have all of the novels and have read all of them. In my personal opinion Max McCoy is the better Indy writer of the 3 sets. My 3 favorite Indy novels are Dinosaur Eggs (my first Indy novel), Hollow Earth, and Philosophers Stone. But in both McCoy's and McGregors sets you really should read them from the first book of the set as there is a second under-story plot type thing and it really makes more sense if you read them in the order in which they were written.
-Cheers

Viper

Favorite Indy Book?

What's your favorite Indy novel? By the three licensed authors, or Wolfgang Holbein (sp?) I guess, but I haven't heard much good about him.

My personal favorite- Interior World (only read 3 and 3 half books though)

Sorry if this has been posted before.

IndyFan89

First time

I love the movie's, props, gear, ect... But have never read any of the books. Wich one should i start on? I have never read a full novel before. Which one is the shortest PLEASE!!! HELP!!! :confused:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Out of the ones I have Secret of the Sphinx is the shortest, 186 pages. But the longer ones have bigger text so they aren't fully comparable.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Actually, they're all pretty good. Which is the best is a matter of opinion. For example my favourite Rob McGregor Indy novel would have to be Seven Veils. My favourite Max McCoy would probably be Philosopher's Stone. I don't like Caiden's books at all. I was so bored of Sky Pirates that I have not finished it to this day with 15 pages to go. It's just not Indy. It's an aviation manual in disguise.

Viper

Personally, I would start on the oldest one you can find that isn't a novelisation. Peril at Delphi would be the oldest. My reason for this is that the books go in order of his age.

If you're looking for a good book, my personal favorite would be either Rob MacGregor's last book, Interior World, or Max McCoy's last book, Secret of the Sphinx. The Interior World is, in my opinion, a better book (slightly), but Secret of the Sphinx captures the "essence" (if you will) of Indy.

Dr.Sartorius

I'd go with:

by Rob Mcgregor

Indiana Jones and the Genesis Deluge
Indiana Jones and the Dance of the Giants

by Max McCoy:

Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth
Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone
Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs

fortune&glory

Indy Novels

McCoy's novels are a little shorter than the others. I'm reading dinosaur eggs right now for the second time and it's quite enjoyable. When I first read the novels in the late nineties I read them totally out of order, but I do recommend starting with Peril At Delphi and reading through all twelve, and then perhaps going on to the film novels. It would be interesting if you could time your reading so that you could be finishing the Last Crusade novel just as the adaptation of the fourth film is released. However, each novel can be enjoyed independently.

No Ticket

Looking For A Good Read...

I have never read any Indiana Jones novels except for Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx. I really wanted to find a good book or two (or three) to read, but I have no idea what would be worthwhile.

So to anyone who can help... can you recommend two or three of the best Indy novels? A few replies would be best :hat: , as I'm sure your opinions would be different. I just want a really good Indy story to read to get me hyped up some more.