View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #18
Trennas
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
lol...Finn was referring to the "Search" feature when he mentioned Sam Earch. Mr. S. Earch

*headdesk*

Oh the memories of stealth.. I remember in Jedi Knight: Outcast there was a mandatory stealth level where you had to turn off the lights and sneak your way past armed guards. The problem was that Outcast had the engine of a first person shooter, and thus stealth was more or less impossible, so I ended up dying time after time. Really hated that level with a passion!

But I would definitly find it cool if you could sneak up on your enemies in Uncharted 2 and drag them away in the shadows while their comerades are smoking a cigg ten feet away. Or something like that anyway. It would alter the gameplay of the first game a little bit, but for the better I think

Anyways, I dug up a quote from the things that will be featured in the January Gameinformer Issue:

Quote:
According to the latest issue of Game Informer, Naughty Dog has stated that they hope to utilize nearly 100 percent of the PlayStation 3ís power for adventure sequel, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, where as its predecessor used only 30-40 percent.

For those of you without a Game Informer subscription, we have some of the highlights of the cover story listed below.

- Uncharted 2: Among Theives will feature a new girl named Chloe Frazer. When Game Informer asked about Elena and Sully's return but Naughty Dog had no comment.
- Naughty Dog states they were using only 30% of the PS3's power with Drake's Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.
- The story is about looking for the ships that Marco Polo "lost" while returning home to Italy.
- Melee combat is more dynamic now.
- Stealth will be a new gameplay mechanic
- Nolan North will be back to reprise his role as Nathan Drake, while Chloe Frazer will be portrayed by Claudia Black (Stargate SG-1, Fargate).
- The Sixaxis mechanics were ditched for such things as throwing grenades.
- There are no load screens.
- The score is being composed by Greg Edmonson.
- Weapons can be used in any stance (running, behind cover, hanging, climbing a wall, etc.).
- You can now move while aiming behind cover
Trennas is offline   Reply With Quote