Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Montana Smith

I don't know why, but...

tumblr_l5wtw00FqC1qzkrfxo1_1280.jpg

I don't suppose this would be a plot element of Star Wars VII.

phantom train

I have been a huge fan of the SW franchise since seeing ANH in the theatre as a little kid back in '77. I also liked the 3 Prequels (unlike a lot of fans), and have followed the Expanded Universe (EU) to some extent as well.

That being said, I have absolutely 0 interest in seeing a 7th SW film with the aging cast from the original movies (Luke, Han, Leia, etc.); something like this would be more like a bad joke, no matter how serious the film was. The furthur adventures of these characters (post-ROTJ) have been more than covered in the numerous books, comics, etc. that have come out in the past 25+ years, and this time period should be left alone in any future movies/TV shows.

Side-note: About a year ago, I saw a very entertaining B-grade horror movie called Sorority Row (2009), about a group of Sorority sisters who do something terrible, then are haunted by it a year later (kind of like I know what you did last summer, but with a different twist). Anyway, Carrie Fisher played the Den Mother of the Sorority, and just seeing her in the film was hilarious, despite the fact that the movie was not meant to be funny.

Montana Smith

phantom train said:
That being said, I have absolutely 0 interest in seeing a 7th SW film with the aging cast from the original movies (Luke, Han, Leia, etc.); something like this would be more like a bad joke, no matter how serious the film was.

A movie with the older cast is something I've been looking forward since it was rumoured in the 1980s. It always felt it was going to be a long way off, but not this long though.

phantom train said:
Side-note: About a year ago, I saw a very entertaining B-grade horror movie called Sorority Row (2009), about a group of Sorority sisters who do something terrible, then are haunted by it a year later (kind of like I know what you did last summer, but with a different twist). Anyway, Carrie Fisher played the Den Mother of the Sorority, and just seeing her in the film was hilarious, despite the fact that the movie was not meant to be funny.

I have that movie, and yes Carrie hasn't worn well. It's hard to reconcile with the metal bikini of '83!

Montana Smith said:
I have that movie, and yes Carrie hasn't worn well. It's hard to reconcile with the metal bikini of '83!

She'd be the perfect villain though, an intergalactic Mommie Dearest.

No more stupid ewoks!

mommydearest_large.jpg

You could explain her conversion to the darkside as the effect of an Endor strain of tick, no doubt from her romance with Wicket.

JRJENNINGS86

The Force Unleashed movies.... Sam Witiker (if that is what his last name is) is the only person who could play Starkiller, considering the characters looks and voice are all Sam's anyhow...... imagine all of the force special effects :D

Montana Smith

George Lucas: "I'm retired."

yess1.gif

The TMZ comment should be quoted for posterity, especially for the final sentiment!

Stick a fork in Jar Jar Binks ... 'cause the "Star Wars" franchise is done ... FOREVER ... so says intergallactic space god George Lucas.

The Jedi Master's master was leaving Toast in L.A. yesterday when we asked when he was finally going to release the long-awaited 7th, 8th and 9th installments of the greatest space saga of all time.

But judging from Lucas' answer ... it looks like the series will remain frozen in carbonite for the rest of time.

Hopefully, that goes for the Indiana Jones series too ... because NO ONE SURVIVES A NUCLEAR BLAST BY HIDING IN A REFRIGERATOR!!

Dr. Gonzo

Moedred said:
(Hmm, why's he in L.A.?)

I guarantee it's for the Indiana Jones Blu-rays.

A family member of mine works at Technicolor. He visited to see the final presentation of the high definition transfer and to give notes along with Steven.

AndyLGR

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like mark hamill appear in episode 7.

Paying 4 billion for lucasfilm means they have to get some of that money back and star wars is obvious as it's their biggest franchise, but Indy isn't far behind. I hope this buy out doesn't curtail a possible Indy 5.

Just read that Lucas 100% owns the company. To say it's a huge pay day for him is an understatement.