National Geographic Adventure of Archaeology Exhibition

Stoo

Advertisement!

I.M.J. said:
Story on Newsarama for those interested.
Thanks, IMJ. I'm interested because I'm STOKED for this.:D

Hopefully, there will be some kind of book to buy in the gift shop. *If* there is, I'll try and pick up as many as I can. (Rocket Surgeon already asked me for one since he won't be able to visit:( so he's top o' the list.;))

Here's a photo posted by Stefana Jones at The Indy Lounge. His brother snapped it this past Saturday at a Metro (subway) station:

IndyExhibit_04.jpg

How cool is that?:cool:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
There will be some Indy goodies in the gift shop... heard that today from Lucasfilm Exhibit Manager Kyra Bowling herself - so you can buy some items there!

Sharkey

You don't say.

Lucas is selling chatchkeys at the museum.

instead of wasting time dropping names prove useful and tell us what's there.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Always a pleasure to hear from you Sharkey...:(

You'll have to wait until IndyCast#127 which will be on the week of May 1st to hear all the details on the show and what you can expect to see from the LFL Exhibits Manager.

In the meantime, the Penn Museum is writing about the show and the layout in their blog at :http://penn.museum/blog/indiana-jones/indiana-jones-and-the-penn-museum/

and as stated above in a previous post Ms. Bowling was also interviewed here: http://www.newsarama.com/film/indiana-jones-and-archaeology-exhibition-110414.html

Happy now?

Last edited:

Sharkey

You can have that free of charge.

No. I'm not happy. Your post sucked. All you did is tell us**** we already knew and dropped the name of someone who "told" you NOTHING.

Bet I can tell you three things they sell in the gift shop before you can and I promise I won't call my cousin who works at Lucasfilm: George.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Well can you pick me up some of the Indy airfreshners and whip oil. I love you man. You complete me! Did you like the last show? Waiting for a review from the balcony.

Mickiana

Stoo, if there is a book, can you find out if we can order a copy over the net? Maybe I can get one that way in case the tour doesn't come close to me here in Australia.

Stoo

Mickiana said:
Stoo, if there is a book, can you find out if we can order a copy over the net? Maybe I can get one that way in case the tour doesn't come close to me here in Australia.
Mickey, I will definitely look into that option. Trust me.;)
Raider Mitch said:
There will be some Indy goodies in the gift shop... heard that today from Lucasfilm Exhibit Manager Kyra Bowling herself - so you can buy some items there!
Nice to know, Mitch, and I'll buy all the goodies I can. (Re: Kyra Bowling...What happened to Montreal's Kim Belair?:confused:)
Raider Mitch said:
You'll have to wait until IndyCast#127 which will be on the week of May 1st to hear all the details on the show and what you can expect to see from the LFL Exhibits Manager.
It looks like I may be seeing this on April 30 or May 01...before the next Indy Cast!:D

When I recently informed one of my best friends about this exhibit (and the fact that it won't be going to Toronto), he decided to come to town so we can do it together! (and he's not even a HARDCORE Indy fan).

Good time ahead...(y)(y)(y)

Stoo

More Advertisement

A few days ago, I returned home and what greeted me on the ride from the airport? Two billboards with Indy! There was also a poster at my Metro stop.

It starts in 3 days!:D

2011_04_24_MontrealIndy_small.jpg

Mickiana

Looking forward to hearing about it, Stoo. Very jealous too! Sorry about the rhyme, it doesn't happen every time.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Sallah himself - the great, actor John Rhys-Davies - will be in Montreal tomorrow night for the #indianajones Exhibit Premiere!

Stoo

RaiderMitch said:
Sallah himself - the great, actor John Rhys-Davies - will be in Montreal tomorrow night for the #indianajones Exhibit Premiere!
DAMN IT! Aaaaargh! I'm stuck in Kingston, Ontario visiting the 'in-laws' for the rest of the week!!!:mad::mad::mad: Will be seeing the exhibit on Saturday or Sunday.

Mitch, when & how did you find this out?:confused: I didn't see anything on the official site that mentioned John Rhys-Davis appearing!
Mickiana said:
Looking forward to hearing about it, Stoo. Very jealous too! Sorry about the rhyme, it doesn't happen every time.
Heh heh. It really must be said to you all, I'm glad it's starting in Montreal. My city is quite exquisite so hopefully people will come to visit.;)

Stoo

1st Peek Inside

Yesterday, a friend of mine sent me this sneak-peek:

IndyExhibit_05.jpg

Apparently, taking photos inside the exhibit is FORBIDDEN!:mad: How unfortunate.:(

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Stoo said:
Apparently, taking photos inside the exhibit is FORBIDDEN!:mad: How unfortunate.:(

I'm not stunned by this, perhaps especially because the Lucas/Spielberg sponsored and sourced Norman Rockwell exhibit at the Smithsonian was also a no photography zone.

Stoo said:
Yesterday, a friend of mine sent me this sneak-peek:

IndyExhibit_05.jpg

Excellent!

My VERY good friend Laure, (;) ) who works at the gift shop mentioned some books, a DVD (!) and other typical items like t-shirs and hats. She'll get me a better list shortly!

She's checking into the possiblity that these items will be offered online...

Sadly she was mistaken about a DVD, though from what she said I wouldn't be surprised if the films would be sold.

There is NO book like the The Magic of Myth. Though our French and English were sketchy she mentioned the exhibit was too small to warrant a book.

The Ultimate Guide, Lost Journal, ect are on the shelves already.

The unique items, (so far) are posters and t-shirts with the logo:

Stoo said:

English versions won't be available for a week, but what Indy fan wouldn't prefer a foreign language version? She mentioned the shirts were in the twenty dollar range, (+$1.20 USD).

She also mentioned Fedoras in the same price range and various colors...colours? Her expression was "not a cowboy hat, but..."

There are buttons as well.

C'est la vie.

Stoo, please ask for her, I think she has a surprise for you, (and me).

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
That's odd. Lucasfilm says on tape during my interview they encourage fans to take as many photos as the like of the exhibit. I have the audio proof from exhibit manager herself.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
RaiderMitch said:
That's odd. Lucasfilm says on tape during my interview they encourage fans to take as many photos as the like of the exhibit. I have the audio proof from exhibit manager herself.

Perhaps it's the museum's decision, then, as opposed to the organizers of the exhibit? (Unless Lucasfilm is just wrong, of course.)

Stoo

Attila the Professor said:
I'm not stunned by this, perhaps especially because the Lucas/Spielberg sponsored and sourced Norman Rockwell exhibit at the Smithsonian was also a no photography zone.
While a no-photo policy is pretty much the norm for painting exhibits, I only half-expected it for this event.
RaiderMitch said:
Very odd, indeed. (By the way, Mitch, how & when did you find out about John Rhys-Davies appearing for the premiere?:confused:)
Attila the Professor said:
Perhaps it's the museum's decision, then, as opposed to the organizers of the exhibit? (Unless Lucasfilm is just wrong, of course.)
It's baffling because there were no photo restrictions at a Jules Verne exhibit there a few years ago. Which was excellent, I might add.
Rocket Surgeon said:
Stoo, please ask for her, I think she has a surprise for you, (and me).
Woo-hoo! I hope she works Sundays! Thanks for the scoop on the merchandise. No special books? That's disappointing and a DVD would've been great. Of the items you mentioned, the only ones I'm interested in are the buttons (and perhaps a poster). Maybe I'll pick up extras for IndyCast prizes...:)