Action Figures compatible with Hasbro's Indiana Jones?

Lance Quazar

featofstrength said:
Another new GI Joe 12in diorama...
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=17196
100049_press09-001__scaled_600.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty awesome. Would definitely tower over a 3 3/4" inch Indy and friends.

I poked around the sideshow site recently - so many cool and original dioramas for the 12" inch figures. Some, like the Temple of Anubis, Serpent Temple and Shrine of the Dragon, would look spiffy with the Indy figures on them.

Just wish they could make smaller dios, too!

Billy Ray

That Red Skull does look mighty cool.

I saw the POTC: OST "Zombie" and "Gunner" figures yesterday. They looked like they might be useful in the "Indy-verse".

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
That Red Skull does look mighty cool.

I saw the POTC: OST "Zombie" and "Gunner" figures yesterday. They looked like they might be useful in the "Indy-verse".

Haven't seen those yet.

Pics?

Oceliane

The Wal-Mart exclusive figure of Jabba's throne offers 1 rug and 8 pillows who are made of plastic, very nice for dioramas. I was finally able to find one in France, after missing the first 2 box who appeared at my local store in december.

Of course, the Jabba figure can be very useful for re-enacting Raiders of the Last Pizza...

injabbasmall.jpg

Montana Smith

The Pirates of the Carribean Cannibal Chief by Zizzle is perfectly Indy-compatible:

zizzlecannibalchief.jpg

Recently picked up this female figure from Hasbro's 2000 Jurassic Park range. She's the right scale, and dressed appropriately.

100_0171.jpg

This dromedary, made by AAA, also looks about the right size.

100_0168.jpg

Lance Quazar

Great pics, Montana. That camel looks spiffy and I have a couple of those Army of Darkness skeletons, too!

I also have a number of those Jurassic Park figures, including the gal (who is supposed to be Tea Leoni, but whatever...)

The outfits are great, but the articulation is quite lacking, unfortunately.

I have one of these Alan Grant figures - terrific outfit for an Indy-verse character, but again painfully limited articulation.

main.php

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Great pics, Montana. That camel looks spiffy and I have a couple of those Army of Darkness skeletons, too!

I also have a number of those Jurassic Park figures, including the gal (who is supposed to be Tea Leoni, but whatever...)

The outfits are great, but the articulation is quite lacking, unfortunately.

I have one of these Alan Grant figures - terrific outfit for an Indy-verse character, but again painfully limited articulation.

Yes, the articulation is outdated by today's standards. The girl was better proportioned than the the guy (whoever he is) that I got at the same time. He was a bit too wide in the shoulders, which made him look like those first waves of Star Wars figures in the '90s.

Montana Smith

100_0173.jpg

Nazi Robots, he hates those guys.

An Iron Giant figure that seems to have come with a video release in 1999. Has a very retro pulpy look.

Billy Ray

That is a great movie!

Thanks for posting the pics of the Uncle Milton room traps, I was wondering how they looked with the figures. I was never able to find them.

Billy Ray said:
That is a great movie!

Thanks for posting the pics of the Uncle Milton room traps, I was wondering how they looked with the figures. I was never able to find them.

I recently bought the room traps from the Indy section of Starwarsshop.com for $20

Lance Quazar

GREAT picture! That's fantastic!!!

I'm disappointed there won't be more offerings in the Captain America line from the MOVIE itself! A crime we're not getting the "USO" version of Cap - with that cool leather jacket. Though I know a certain Ravener has taken it upon himself to remedy that particular deficiency...

And would it have killed them to give us an accurate WW2 motorcycle that wasn't just a Mutt Williams repaint in awful red, white and blue?

I have a Red Skull myself - a very nice figure, but a bit imperfect. (What's with the NOSE???) And it's not sporting the terrific black coat we've seen in many of the preview images.

The Captain America pictured here was originally released as an SDCC exclusive last year. It's a great figure. This new version has a different paint scheme, but it's still damn cool.

Thanks for sharing that pic!

Billy Ray

I picked up a "Super Combat" Cap yesterday, which is bascially his movie outfit. The one with the "steel pot", round shield, and pistol/holster. Pretty cool figure, though he is a tad taller than the Indy figs. Finally spotted a Red Skull today, but he had some bad paint apps so I passed...hope I don't wind up kicking myself later.

I too hope that they make some more movie figures. The "Howling Commandos" would be awesome!

Lance Quazar

I saw the "movie version" of Cap in the store the other day, but some dodgy paint apps on that, too. Need to start hitting the stores again! Good to know that Red Skull is out there, too.

Unfortunately, I think Hasbro's MO with the Marvel Movie lines is clear at this point - ENDLESS variations of the hero character (look at the Iron Man 2 line, Thor and now Captain America), lots of "comic" and "concept" figures and almost no supporting characters from the films themselves.

Lame!!

Billy Ray

Yeah, I saw the WWII Cap (same as the pic posted above) and really wanted to get him, but he also had some bad paint apps (googly eyes). Hopefully I can find another. All I see though are the Cap in the winter jacket and the Winter Soldier guy. More supporting characters from the movie would definitely be awesom as they could easily ft with the Indy line. Maybe down the road, depending on the popularity of the movie...