KotCS comic adaptation

Playmount

Leaning Cate?

Looks great! But I do have one slight gripe: why is Blanchett's body inclined so drastically? She looks like she is about to tip over. It ruins the composition slightly... for me. I suppose she's leaning to look at something... because her arm is straight up and down... but it's a bit strange. Hopefully the title will cover her leg area.

Don't get me wrong though... incredible artwork. Kudos to Luke Ross, Fabio Laguna and Dan Jackson.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
I think it's also going to satisfy and ease up many that only way this cover showcases Shia is that little shot of him on the motorcycle.

These are such great days to be a fan.

Niteshade007

That is an awesome poster. I'm glad I stumbled over to this thread, I don't normally look in the Indy Literature section.

deckard24

AHegele said:
I seriously hope Drew's final theatrical poster is as cool!

I'm loving it!!!!
You got it man! This is a really nice poster!

I didn't know Hugh Fleming though used the Struzan style for his artwork? I thought he had his own unique look, nevertheless it's a great poster. I'm guessing it's done with acrylics and colored pencil, the go-to medium for all those apsiring for Struzan like quality.

BTW I agree Playmount, Cate is leaning a bit too much.

Ska

Finn said:
I think it's also going to satisfy and ease up many that only way this cover showcases Shia is that little shot of him on the motorcycle.

These are such great days to be a fan.

...that being said, Mutt might only be shown in a small pic, but he IS on top/in front of everything else on the cover...

...just thought I'd throw that into the fire.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
IndyCoverBig.jpg

jase

absolutely awesome work I just saw the cover and came to the Raven to start a thread on this cover, I love it!

yodazone

Hugh Flemming's cover #2 is out!

indy2painted.jpg

Here's the variant cover to issue #2:

indy2variant.jpg

And issue #1 with final logos and title:

indy1painted.jpg

(y) (y) (y)

Last edited:

|ZiR|

yodazone said:
wow! Looks whats scheduled to ship next week from Dark Horse Comics!!!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa -- wait up. The KotCS comic adaptation is out in stores now?! (May 5th)

Does anyone have it yet? And don't the publishers care about spoilers?

The Man

|ZiR| said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa -- wait up. The KotCS comic adaptation is out in stores now?! (May 5th)

Does anyone have it yet? And don't the publishers care about spoilers?

What with the release of those cards, Lucasfilm don't seem to give a sh!t about spolers anymore. Come back, Tyler Nelson, we love you after all! Do your dance! Aww...