Back to Jerusalem

indyt

Hey guys. Keep me in your prayers. I will be back in Israel this in Oct on another missions trip. I will be working in the foodbank for Bridges for Peace. When I get some extra time I plan on going back to the Temple Mount and hopefully the Western Wall tunnel. I also plan on volunteering at the Temple Mount sifting project for Temple artifacts. Should be a great trip!(y)

Stoo

Enjoy your trip and give us an update upon your return, indyt! Maybe you can retrace the steps of Walter Juvelius and Montague Parker.:)

P.S. Have you ever gone swimming in the Dead Sea? Supposedly a person can float because of all the salt.

indyt

Stoo said:
Enjoy your trip and give us an update upon your return, indyt! Maybe you can retrace the steps of Walter Juvelius and Montague Parker.:)

P.S. Have you ever gone swimming in the Dead Sea? Supposedly a person can float because of all the salt.

Parker, that would be so cool. The Western Wall tunnel is amazing. There is a point during the trek where part of the wall has been sealed. Possibly the passage to where the ark may be located.

Yes, I had a chance to swim in the Dead Sea a couple of years ago. You can definitely float all day b/c of the salt. One would be hard pressed to drown in the DS! It would not be easy.

Thank you so much for your interest. I will update my friends here.

Stoo

So you've floated in the Dead Sea...You lucky son-of-a-gun!:) Good luck on your noble mission.

The sealed section of the tunnel in the Western Wall sounds very interesting. Have you ever checked out Hezekiah's Tunnel? That's where Parker's expedition began, at the Gihon Spring. For fun, here's a map for you. Print it out before you leave!:whip:

JerusalemMap_1.jpg

AnnieJones

Wow Jerusalem! I always wanted to go there.Yes,please tell us all about your trip as soon as you can.It sounds very interesting.

indyt

Thanks again for the support guys! Very good Stoo, you are right. If I am not mistaken, did Parker enter through Warrnen's gate eventually? And you are right, the expedition also took place at Hezekiah's tunnel. I was able to explore the tunnel last Spring. It was awesome, and dark! I was surprised how high the ceiling was. It is amazing how the two teams miraculously met in the middle to complete the tunnel.

If you guys want to know more about my ministry, go to www.bridgesforpeace.com.

indyt

AnnieJones said:
I found this as I was looking up Hezekiah's Tunnel: The Brook Kidron and Hezekiah's Tunnel

Good find Annie. If I have a chance I will visit the tunnel again next month. My main focus is to get back on the temple mount and mt scopus. I want to explore the well of the souls under the dome of the rock. Pray for me. Last time I got to the entrance of the dome a hyper Muslim was acting as guardian and would not let me in. It was understandable though, I got there at one of their prayer times. I respected that and went my way.

indyt

It was very good. I was able to get back to the Temple Mount but not allowed in the Dome again. Got in a little trouble too;) . I visited the archaeological park at the mount and found some awesome underground tunnels. Went to hez tunnel, absoloms tomb, abrahams well, etc. Worked the whole time in our food bank. I also got to do food deliveries in Jerusalem,Beth Shemesh, Beer sheva and several other places. Was only miles from the Gaza strip. Had our bullet proof vests and helmets in the delivery truck just in case. It was a great adventure!

Le Saboteur

National Geographic continues their tour of the Levant. Following up their work on Mecca, they're bringing Jerusalem, that most contested bit of real estate, to IMAX screens around the world. Narrated by everybody's favorite savant, Benedict Cumberbatch, the docu-drama takes viewers on a tour of one of the world's truly important cities. Jodi Magness serves as the production's lead archeologist.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LYa9VPVAJI8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stop in at the film's official site to see if it's playing somewhere near you. Be sure to check out some of the behind the scenes videos, pictures, and production diaries. Don't forget the virtual tours of ancient religious sites!

o-WORLD-MUSLIMAH-900.jpg

Check out The Huffington Post for some swell hi-definition pictures.