What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

IndyForever said:
+ 1 (y)

Harrison has all the cards as well he could have claimed a LOT of money for his dreadul onset accident.

I think the people who run Disney (Iger + Horn) are grateful that Harrison downplayed this accident he could have quit EP7 there & then costing them a LOT of money but as he has the Indy 5 contract/agreement Harrison is patient to wait for Spielberg/Lucas to come up with something Disney will provide the budget for :gun:

As soon as he heard about the new Trilogy, and he was the big name for it.

A alarm went off in his head, and his attitude and tenacity became like a ****ing 70's V8 engine.!!

They where desperate to get him back for star wars, so I really believe it's true, it was the ultimate opportunity for him to get the ball rolling with another Indy, they say it will be coming out in 2018. Intelligent guy in that position would definitely use it as shrewd bargaining tool, I would have done.

Last edited:

IndyForever

Túrin Turambar said:
As soon as he heard about the new Trilogy, and he was the big name for it.

A alarm went off in his head, and his attitude and tenacity became like a ****ing 70's V8 engine.!!

They where desperate to get him back for star wars, so I really believe it's true, it was the ultimate opportunity for him to get the ball rolling with another Indy, they say it will be coming out in 2018. Intelligent guy in that position would definitely use it as shrewd bargaining tool, I would have done.
+ 1 & Harrison being on the poster for EP7 confirms he has a starring role as Disney are not ageist (unlike many members on this forum :rolleyes: ).

IndyForever said:
+ 1 & Harrison being on the poster for EP7 confirms he has a starring role as Disney are not ageist (unlike many members on this forum :rolleyes: ).

Exactly he's the only OT member on the first star wars 7 poster...What's that tell you? He's still the biggest star probably on the planet today. No Luke Skywalker on the poster no Chewbacca just Harrison...so maybe they see Harrison as still a viable valuable asset.....??

Just throwing possible ideas out there...

IndyForever

Túrin Turambar said:
Exactly he's the only OT member on the first star wars 7 poster...What's that tell you? He's still the biggest star probably on the planet today. No Luke Skywalker on the poster no Chewbacca just Harrison...so maybe they see Harrison as still a viable valuable asset.....??

Just throwing possible ideas out there...
Harrison as Indy again = $1b MINIMUM box office :whip:

KOTCS only failed to reach $1b as Spielberg boycotted Chinese Olympics so Paramount could not release in China as their government blocked it :rolleyes:

Indy 5 with Harrison but with or without Spielberg/Lucas (I hope still its with both BTW) will easily blow past $1b due to massive outside US box office expansion since 2008 :hat:

In a signature role like Indy or Han then Harrison = Massive global box office still even @ 73 its just a number the movie going public in general love Harrison & after his accidents they will love him even more one last time mr :hat: plus its even Short Rounds birthday today so hold onto your potatoes you call him Doctor Jones :hat:

Indy Jones

Triple+facePalm.jpg

Indy Jones

Túrin Turambar said:
Indy jones very imaginative name for a Indiana Jones fan site, where did you come up that one....hey??

I think that's the best comeback I've ever heard. No, seriously. That's the worst--and thereby best--insult I've ever seen.

"You got eyes... that's like... very original of you, Mr. Stupid Eyeball Face!" (y)

Judging by his healthy appearance at the Comic con this year, he looks more then ready to don the hat and whip again. 73. But more like a healthy 45 year old. ****ing incredible.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Moderator Note

The discussion in this thread shows that members of The Raven Message Board are a diverse and international community. However, it appears that the discussion has strayed from the original topic or does not remain Indiana Jones related. It is important to stay on topic and within the Indiana Jones genre, so as to prevent confusion among those participating in the discussion or visiting this site for the first time. This topic is moderated and future off-topic discussion could lead to the unfortunate closing of this thread.

For those of you who still don't understand: Stop wasting our time with fluff. We don't need opinions about Harrison Ford, or to know what kind of ice he chooses to water his habit down with. That's not the purpose of this thread. So, wise up you few. The rest of you, understand, and thank you for that.

Face_Melt

He literally (look this up) only has one project upcoming which is Blade Runner 2 scheduled to start filming next summer. That's it...

Ok plus there's the next two star wars films, I know that's a miner plan in his schedule but thought it would be prudent to mention that little film franchise he's still signed up for.

don't listen to the rumors of them killing him off I don't think they would go to hell and back to get him back just to bump him of do you??...

IndyForever

Disney will not allow Han to be killed off easily.

I am sure of that someone else major gets killed but they filmed it both ways 2 different scenarios so it does not leak before the film arrives in under 3 months now in UK.

That's not to say Han does not get injured badly & EP8 will answer if he survives or not !

Face_Melt

Sorry guys, Han is going to be killed off in 7. Not only does every rumor and spoiler of the film show this but...it makes sense.

Let's look at the reasoning for this.

1. A main character dies in the first film of each Star Wars trilogy (Obi-Wan in Episode IV, Qui-Gon in Episode I).

2. Han Solo has been confirmed as a MAIN character in the force awakens. Kathleen Kennedy confirmed this. Why would they make Han a lead character over Leia and Luke? Well...to make his death a little more impactful that's why.

3. Episode 8 has started pre-production but most of its filming will actually conflict with Blade Runner 2.

Look, Han Solo is my favorite Star Wars character of all time but I think it's very obvious his character will be the one to go in 7.

IndyForever

If Han was the one to be killed off I think Disney + Lucasfilm would have shutdown Making Star Wars by now. When they were contacted by a lawyer hired by Disney to investigate who was leaking what MSW said they had no production source just random anonymous emails which could not be fact checked. That is why they have been allowed to spread misinformation most of what they post is pure fantasy :rolleyes: but written in a style to generate click bait (n)

So if you want to believe MSW then Han Solo the biggest SW global box office star will not survive EP7 :whip:

And the Han Solo standalone movie is also going to have flashbacks with Harrison :hat:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Star Wars isn't reliant on stars, though. That's certainly not how the originals made their box office.

It's a brand. Having actors around from the original trilogy - and, yes, perhaps especially Ford, whose career has been more public than either Hamill's or Fisher's - gives this new trilogy an imprimatur of confidence. So does having some of the moment buzzy favorites like Nyong'o, Isaac, and Driver, along with a couple of near unknowns in, apparently, lead roles. But I doubt they're seen as the primary draw.

I think Disney would easily allow Han Solo to be killed off in the expectation that kids are going to be more into the new characters anyway. I assume it wouldn't affect the buying habits of the superfans enough for that to be a determining factor.

Face_Melt

Exactly. As soon as they announced Han/Luke/Leia would be returning that should have let everyone know that they were going to die. It's just a matter of when and where. My guess is Han in 7 and Luke in 9 (Leia might continue to the next trilogy since she's the youngest).

But seriously if you don't think the returning characters are going to die, you are in for a serious surprise...