Blu-ray vs HD DVD

indyclone25

magnavox brand , picked it up on friday for $129 at walmart ----- a buddy of mine said it shouldnt be a problem watching it on a regular tv --- all i have to do it go into the settings and set it to the lowest setting -----now i can start buying some blu-ray movies

The Man

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEfAXlfl85izih

Ghostbusters will be released on Blu-ray on June 16. The disc will be priced at $38.96 and will include a host of never-before-seen special features. We don't have the cover art as of yet, but we'll update this story as soon as we have it. The film stars Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis and Ernie Hudson.

University parapsychologists Dr. Peter Venkman (Murray), Dr. Raymond Stanz (Aykroyd) and Dr. Egon Spengler (Ramis) lose a research grant when their experiment methodology is proven to be bogus. The team decides to go into business for themselves and open 'Ghostbusters,' a ghost removal service. After struggling to get on their feet, they are summoned to investigate the strange happenings in Dana Barrett's (Weaver) Central Park West apartment. What they discover is that all Manhattan is being besieged by ghosts and other worldly demons through a portal in her building.

Special Features:

- Slimer Mode: Picture-in-Picture Graphical Viewing Experience with an examination of the spook-hunters' firehouse headquarters, an in-depth exploration of the creatures in the Ghostbusters mythology, behind-the-scenes discussions of making the movie, new cast, crew and special effects artists interviews and much more!

- Featurette: Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car

- Ghostbusters Garage: Ecto-1 Gallery

- Filmmakers' Commentary with Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis and Joe Medjuck

- Featurette: 1984 - The Making of Ghostbusters - Interviews with the cast and crew

- Featurette: Interviews with Cast and Crew

- Featurette: SFX Team - Includes Before and After Multi-Angle Explorations

- Scene Cemetery - 10 Deleted Scenes

- Storyboard Comparisons

deckard24

The Magic Rat said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and get attacked here, but could you guys explain to me what's so great about the Back to the Future movies? The only one I remotely like is the first one; I don't think the others are very good at all.

I mean, I could be grossly missing the importance of the movies, but I don't understand all the love for them. Maybe I was too young to appreciate them when they first came out. Was it one of those it-captured-the-moment-for-teenagers kind of thing?
Not really! I grew up with these films, and apart from the first one I always thought the other two were not very good either! I guess they're more beloved then I thought?

QBComics

Hoorah! Ghostbusters!

Now if only the BTTF, Indy, and (lol) The TMNT trilogies would come to Blu Ray! (I know it'll take forever one Star Wars!)

BTW The_Man, are you a member on Blu-Ray.com?

The Man

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/6534062/James-Bond-Quantum-Of-Solace/Product.html

6534062x.jpg