New Indy Adventure Game?

The Drifter

In my newest issue of Game Informer there is a section that looks back on 2010. In the article there is a subject called "Top Ten Disappointments" and here is number 9 that I found truthful.

The Curious Case of LucasArts

"LucasArts has two film franchises just screaming to be triple-A gaming blockbusters in Star Wars and Indiana Jones, but the Force is no longer strong with this publisher. The studio suffered layoffs in September and the departure of veteran project lead Haden Blackman.
Later, it handed over Star Wars: The Old Republic to EA. Where's our Star Wars: Battlefront update? Why hasn't LucasArts delivered the Indiana Jones game we deserve? Most importantly what's going on over at LucasArts?"

DocWhiskey

^I gotta agree with Game Informer. I mean, haven't we been getting at least 1 new SW game every year since, like, at least 1990? I understand the publisher has had some financial trouble as of late, but how about we fix that by making good games. SW may seem more profitable than Indy, but I think if you focus and make a really intriguing beautiful Indy game, you'd be surprise on how many people would buy it. Indiana Jones is becoming an afterthought. A good afterthought, but an afterthought none the less.

indyjones2131

Telltale games i supposed to announce 5 new games in February. One of these is RUMORED to be Walking Dead, but who knows... maybe Indy also. Of course it seems to me like they wouldn't lump an Indy announcement with 4 other games.

Indy's brother

indyjones2131 said:
Telltale games i supposed to announce 5 new games in February. One of these is RUMORED to be Walking Dead, but who knows... maybe Indy also.

"What a vivid imagination."
-Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr.

michael

LucasArts finds replacement for creative director role

LucasArts has appointed journeyman Frederic Markus to its vacant studio creative director position, reports IndustryGamers. Markus brings with him a long career of credits -- in more than 35 games -- from a variety of positions and publishers, including most recently director of game design at Disney Interactive. He's also served as director of pre-production at Ubisoft and consulted on game design and pre-production for Atari, Microsoft and Rockstar, among others.

Markus leaves Disney in the midst of its restructuring away from console development, and he joins LucasArts following a difficult end of 2010 for the studio. Clint Hocking's arrival at LucasArts last fall brought a new hope in the wake of Haden Blackman's resignation, but two rounds of layoffs closed out the year with an "Episode V" type of feel.

Prior to Markus' appointment, former BioShock senior designer Joe McDonagh held the creative director position at LucasArts. In December, McDonagh joined PopCap as the company's new director of production.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/16/lucasarts-finds-replacement-for-creative-director-role/

Lets hope he's a HUGE Indiana Jones fan....

michael said:
LucasArts finds replacement for creative director role/[/URL]
Lets hope he's a HUGE Indiana Jones fan....
I hear ya...I don't know why they can't give us a grand Raiders video game. I don't care that I know the story already. If they would invest in one game they wouldn't have to shortchange us on content to fit the all the other films in one box. Realease expansion packs like Machette Landing or Escape the Jilted Student...

It could be beautiful.

Enich Kadar

Rocket Surgeon said:
I hear ya...I don't know why they can't give us a grand Raiders video game. I don't care that I know the story already. If they would invest in one game they wouldn't have to shortchange us on content to fit the all the other films in one box. Realease expansion packs like Machette Landing or Escape the Jilted Student...

It could be beautiful.

Or do what they did for Monkey Island for Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (and Last Crusade, too, please)...

Mods

Thank you for the interest. Passage of Saints should be along shortly. But sadly no, FoY in full will not be ready this year, but lots more will have been done on it. And as for registrations, I'll re-open them in March. Take care folks!

Mati256

Mods said:
Thank you for the interest. Passage of Saints should be along shortly. But sadly no, FoY in full will not be ready this year, but lots more will have been done on it. And as for registrations, I'll re-open them in March. Take care folks!

I'm really waiting for that one. :whip:

Grizzlor

Is FoY going to have a voice track?

I too hope the new person in charge of LucasArt does something with Indy. Maybe restart and finish the PS3/360 game?

Mods

Hi again. We will work on a talkie yes - but I'm pretty certain the first release will be text only, as people have been waiting so long. Doing our best at the moment to speed up the release.

Mods said:
Hi again. We will work on a talkie yes - but I'm pretty certain the first release will be text only, as people have been waiting so long. Doing our best at the moment to speed up the release.

And you dont know how thankful we are for it ;)

Nur Ab Sal

I'm kind of new to this forum, but I want to say I love FOA, it's by far my favorite game ever. If they come out with a new FOA-style Indiana Jones adventure, I don't think it would come out nearly as amazing and captivating as FOA is, but I would still love to play it.