It's all Greek to me

indifan101

I'm leaving for greece on Friday and won't be back untill august the 7th.
So everyone have a happy fourth of July! I'll be in athens and going to the island of crete! My mom's cousin is an archeaologist and he's discovered an air pocket under the sea and appearantly has discovered a minoan tomb in an air pocket. I've been invited to join him on his expedition! I'm taking my leather jacket and trusty fedora along with me! I can wait to see a real minoan temple!:D

qwerty

You are going to Greece in july and you will be wearing a leather jacket and a fedora. Good luck. You should reconsider wearing slightly lighter clothes. A fedora can be replased with a tilly hat and you should forget the leather jacket completly.

Jay R. Zay

indifan101 said:
I'm leaving for greece on Friday and won't be back untill august the 7th.
So everyone have a happy fourth of July! I'll be in athens and going to the island of crete! My mom's cousin is an archeaologist and he's discovered an air pocket under the sea and appearantly has discovered a minoan tomb in an air pocket. I've been invited to join him on his expedition! I'm taking my leather jacket and trusty fedora along with me! I can wait to see a real minoan temple!:D

Image9.jpg

"oh my god, the air pocket is leaking! this might be the last post you'll ever get from me. this was indifan101, cnn, somewhere beneath the mediterranean."

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
There's a bus from Athens to Delphi, a tiny tourist town in the middle of nowhere. The whole hillside is accessible but the temple itself is cordoned off. You could sneak over at night with a flashlight and look for the rumored crevice...

I don't know about the Greek women, but you'll find plenty of American coeds on the northwesternmost island of Corfu (nowhere near Crete) at the Pink Palace hostel. They place is just... sleazy. Toga!

roundshort

Moedred said:
There's a bus from Athens to Delphi, a tiny tourist town in the middle of nowhere. The whole hillside is accessible but the temple itself is cordoned off. You could sneak over at night with a flashlight and look for the rumored crevice...

I don't know about the Greek women, but you'll find plenty of American coeds on the northwesternmost island of Corfu (nowhere near Crete) at the Pink Palace hostel. They place is just... sleazy. Toga!

Screw Germany, I know where my next trip will be . . .Time to get Tucker Max!

Tennessee R

I'm glad for you, that's great!

Be sure to take your fedora, it's never too hot for that . (But you really might want to check the weather and decide if you want to take your leather jacket. ;) )

If you like ruins, (And I'm sure you do) you might try Elufsis, about 14 km N of Athens, and Cape Sounion. The temple of Poseidon at Sounion. It overlooks the sea, and is quite a photo oppertunity. Its situated at the extreme southern tip of Greece, a short coastline trip from Athena. By the way, do you know any Greek? It helps to at least be familliar with their alphabet.

And one place you don't want to miss if you can help it, is Delphi!
I was there when it was snowing. Don't think there'll be any chance of that with you, this time, but it is truly a spectacular place. All of Greece, but especially Delphi. Definately worth the drive!!!