Indy 4 Toy Line

Shortie

I say the CIV exclusives were cooler. Atleast they're doing something new & cool for the lucky people who go to the conventions.

oki9Sedo

Attila the Professor said:
Decent list Issard, although, really, I have to demand a Marcus action figure, just for the sheer ridiculousness of it. It'd be one of the few I'd be compelled to buy. As for accessories, I don't know, ice bag and tank shell for bludgeoning?

He could say a few lines as well, like "I hate to interrupt, but the reason we're here....!" and "The pen is mightier than the sword!". :D

tnswman

I really think a great way to start the line would be "vintage Style" Raider's figures just like the on-going Vintage style Star Wars figures and Now Gi-Joe figures. the idea of super articulated Indy figures in the original packaging is breathtaking :)

However, I think that will come later in the year. At 1st Hasbro will be pushing the new Indy figure line. I'm sure the 1st series will have a mixture of favorites in it.

I know Hasbro has a "NO PLAYSET" policy. But think of how cool a TOD temble playset, and a ROTLA updated Well of souls or Idol temple playset would be if done correctly, they could actually have play value which would lead to more kids wanting them to PLAY WITH....the old Indy playsets were very small and more like dioramas.

I would Love at least one HUGE temple playset..Maybe we will get that in the Indy 4 line.

I would love to see the Tank from TLC too :whip: :eek:

JimmyPSHayes

I think we need to speak up!! Hasbro has question and answer sessions with both GI Joe AND Star Wars fans on their message boards. Why should we Indy fans be left out!!:)

tnswman

Yes, There needs to be a movement that let's hasbro know that the Indiana Jones line NEEDS playsets. With actual play features.

I would pay $50+ for a large temple playset from ANY of the movies. talk about a nice 2008 Christmas gift for us Indy collectors ;)

Gobi-1

I doubt there will be playsets. Playsets in the Star Wars line have been few and far between. I don't they've made one since the Geonosis Arena from Attack of the Clones back in 2002.

sarah navarro

IndySeven said:
Does anyone know if there will be an Indy 4 toy line. I'm hoping that they'll be one with action figures and vehicles, like the original Raiders line. There haven't been Indy figures released in mass quantity for a very, very long time. Can anyone tell me if there will be an Indy 4 toy line?:)

i heard that HASBRO was going to make indy toys:whip:

tnswman

there was a Playset for both the Gi Joe line and revenge of the Sith. The gi Joe playset was a Cobra Mountain. something that size for Indy is all we need

JimmyPSHayes

A playset would be awesome. I was out looking at toys today and realized that Hasbro has done comic 2-packs for both GI Joe and Star Wars. I personally would LOVE to see Indiana Jones comic 2-packs as well. From both Dark Horse AND the Marvel comic.

tnswman

I really thought about that too. That is a GREAT way to bring out some of the more minor characters to the toy isles. I think we will see it. I really do. They would be foolish not to. What better way to bring Indy more villians?

Gobi-1

tnswman said:
there was a Playset for both the Gi Joe line and revenge of the Sith. The gi Joe playset was a Cobra Mountain. something that size for Indy is all we need

I had forgotton about the Revenge of the Sith playset. They actually used the old molds from the M.A.S.K. gas station mountian playset for it.

tnswman

yeap...If they gave us a temple playset in hat size, I would be very happy. I can not tell you how nice an updated well of souls would be though.

Montana_Jones

The figures should be in the 3.75" scale. The same as Star Wars. Not 6 damn inches! Hasbro has gotten HIGHLY superb at the sculpting, likenesses and high articulation of the current SW action figure line. The aforementioned being it's geared more toward the collectors.
I'm hoping the line also includes the various media Indy has been in including the films. The comics, video games, books. I'd like a figure of Sophia Hapgood. Hell, for each figure they should use the subtitle font for the name of the character. Except of course for Dr. Jones himself. Perhaps have the figures broken up in "waves"?
There should also of course be the mandatory troop builder aspect. Nazi's, Thugees, and many other worthwhile ones. And for vehicles, I'm assuming the ones based on WWII which are in the same scale from other toylines should suffice. Unless Hasbro is going to do a one over and give us vehicles with absolutely astounding details. Of course there'll be the undamaged and damaged variants and the like.
Only problem is the space to put all of these.;)

the_three_bears

I think Hasbro must make 3 3/4" figures but I am pretty sure a piece on www.indianajones.com hinted at something else.
I have heard people saying that if Hasbro revisit the first three films (this is a cert for me) then they should copy the original photos from the 1982 Kenner line for the card backs but after waiting 25 years for a new proper line should they make them look exactly the same? Not for me.
I would prefer they made them to the same scale with new style packaging. The vintage line is THE vintage line and should be left as the legend it is.
I am also looking forward to the Lego stuff. They have came a long way and after seeing the Indy figure I was very impressed. It is also great they will be out as soon as January.

IndySeven

I agree. They should be 3.75 inches. The 6 inch figures were only good with the TOD line, nothing else. The figures could also be 4 inches, or even 4.5 inches, like the Disney figures, but they definitely can't be 6 inches!:)

mfisher

I too hope they go with the standard 3 3/4" line... my main reasoning for this is the ease of producing vehicles... I'd love to see a revisit of the old German truck from the Raiders Chase scene... a German staff car to fill up with Toht, Belloq and some krauts would be cool too :) Regardless, I am just excited at the idea that Indy toys will be available period... lets just hope that Sideshow makes some 12" figures from the movies !!