KOTCS's relation to YIJC

The_Minority

Ahhhhh, well!

Nevertheless, I am still hoping for some kind of nod to the show. Even if it is something that will go over most fans who haven't seen the show heads. I personally would love to see Indy lose his eye at the end of the movie, tying into 93 year old Indy, even though the consensus is he is not liked. But seeing ford with an eye patch in the indy costume and a giant scar down his face would be pretty bad ass! (y)

I'm in a completley different time zone to most of you guys, so whenever I wander over a have a look on the boards theres always a ton of new stuff, although the last days argument is the best yet. Two pages of exasperation.

This is indeed tiresome, I vote we should just get on with the discussion we were having and just try not to get distracted into once again arguing with a rock. Its just not gonna do anything, and we'll all end up with higher blood pressures then usual.

Anyone here ever do any archaeology?

sunshinestate1992

Jeremiah Jones said:
I'm in a completley different time zone to most of you guys, so whenever I wander over a have a look on the boards theres always a ton of new stuff, although the last days argument is the best yet. Two pages of exasperation.

This is indeed tiresome, I vote we should just get on with the discussion we were having and just try not to get distracted into once again arguing with a rock. Its just not gonna do anything, and we'll all end up with higher blood pressures then usual.

Anyone here ever do any archaeology?
nope no one except u

and i think that indiana jones archaeology is anything liek a real archeologist does

Hmm, I'm not even sure why I posed that question.

Actually, you'd be surprised, theres all the physical hardship, and quite a few death defying leaps and stuff if you're in a mind through yourself into that sorta thing, falling down chimmneys, off cliffs, lost in trogldyte dwellings, mud, rain, also the only job I know of in the world where its perfectly acceptable to wear a fedora to work, well at least in the summer.

But Now I've REALLY gone off topic so I'll stop.

Sankara

The reason why Harrison Ford appears in "Young Indy" was: Season 1 wasn't a success. Very soon ratings started to drop.

Lucas called Ford because the original "Indiana Jones" would bring better TV-Ratings. Ford is a good friend of Lucas and so he made the cameo appearance. That's it!

But even this couldn?t make the network happy, so after 21 episodes the series was cancelled...

Flannery10

Sankara said:
But even this couldn?t make the network happy, so after 21 episodes the series was cancelled...

There we go again, Sankara is staying off-topic(n) ; By the way I counted 32 episodes, just for the record!

Adamwankenobi

Sankara said:
The reason why Harrison Ford appears in "Young Indy" was: Season 1 wasn't a success. Very soon ratings started to drop.

Lucas called Ford because the original "Indiana Jones" would bring better TV-Ratings. Ford is a good friend of Lucas and so he made the cameo appearance. That's it!

That's one of the few solid facts you've posted in this thread. :hat:

Stoo

Old Indy Connection?

On page 4 of this thread there is a clue to a possible link to Young Indy.
(Or should I say, Old Indy.) CAUTION: It's in the SPOILER section!

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=12984&page=4

For those who are trying to stay spoiler-free, here's some hints:
1) It's green.
2) It has 4 wheels
3) It goes "VROOM!"

O.K. It's not a perfect match but it's pretty frickin' close!

Adamwankenobi

Hmm. I'm guessing it might be this. Remember, this is of course my opinion, and therefore not a spoiler: :p

OldIndyscar2.jpg

CIMG0579.jpg

I don't know, they look pretty different to me.

Stoo

Adamwankenobi said:
I don't know, they look pretty different to me.
The one in the driveway right by the front door is the one I'm thinking of.

Mind you, I'm not saying that it *is* his car - I'm merely speculating...
(In the other thread, I mentioned some differences between the two models
but it does pique one's curiousity...Very suspicious, no?)

If it IS Indy's car then you could build an argument that would turn the
whole c*n*n issue topsy-turvy. If it is NOT his car...well then...I wouldn't
be heartbroken...

Sankara

@Adamwankenobi
You want to see things! :) Remember the pictures in Indy's house? There will be no reference to "Young Indy" in this movie... :)

Last edited:

metalinvader

Sankara said:
@Adamwankenobi
You want to see the things! :) Remember the pictures in Indy's house? There will be no reference to "Young Indy" in this movie... :)

You didn't see the huge oil painting of Grey Cloud over Indy's bed?:p

Adamwankenobi

Sankara said:
@Adamwankenobi
You want to see things! :) Remember the pictures in Indy's house? There will be no reference to "Young Indy" in this movie... :)

Do you have some kind of Aaron H type of insider knowledge that we don't know about? :p