I'm making this up as I go! (Hello there)

KingdianaJones7

Hi. I'm Richard (From Britain - yep the place where it constantly rains) been a big Fan of Indy since Temple Of Doom (when my father first took me to see it way back when) two of the greatest moments of my life was meeting Harrison twice last year.

I Love all four films and as opposed to using 140 letters to talk about my Fandom I'm now here :)

Hey x I look forward to posting here and meeting like minded scholars xo

kongisking

I'm honored to be the first to welcome you to our wacky abode, mate. I adore that username. Why couldn't mine be half as clever? Pleasure to have you here, Richard, and best of luck wading through the Anti-KOTCS muck, my friend! Cheers!

KingdianaJones7

kongisking said:
I'm honored to be the first to welcome you to our wacky abode, mate. I adore that username. Why couldn't mine be half as clever? Pleasure to have you here, Richard, and best of luck wading through the Anti-KOTCS muck, my friend! Cheers!

Thank you, it means a lot to me. It will be good to be here :)

I changed my yahoo answers name from King Richard to Kingdiana Jones when Crystal Skull was released and thought it was rather appropriate to have this as my name here :)

Will be cool to check out the AntiKOTCS stuff - after New Years day this year they had it on telly and a few debates erupted over it and I know there are those who both Love and hate it - personally I thought it was great and thats my opinion on the matter.

Anyways I very much appreciate the warm welcome here its nice to have this :)

kongisking

KingdianaJones7 said:
Thank you, it means a lot to me. It will be good to be here :)

I changed my yahoo answers name from King Richard to Kingdiana Jones when Crystal Skull was released and thought it was rather appropriate to have this as my name here :)

Will be cool to check out the AntiKOTCS stuff - after New Years day this year they had it on telly and a few debates erupted over it and I know there are those who both Love and hate it - personally I thought it was great and thats my opinion on the matter.

Anyways I very much appreciate the warm welcome here its nice to have this :)

A friendly word of advice, though?

NEVER MENTION BATMAN.

Just lookin' out for you, sir...:hat:

IndyJoey

Why is everyone Hatin' on batman? And welcome to the raven, im pretty new here too, only been around a few months! Hahahaha...

kongisking

IndyJoey said:
Why is everyone Hatin' on batman? And welcome to the raven, im pretty new here too, only been around a few months! Hahahaha...

Batsy is kinda a sore subject for some Raveners...that's why. Something about how they think he's pretentious, overly dark, and ruined KOTCS' reception... :p

As for you, Joey, do you post often?

Montana Smith

:sleep:
1011a.gif

KingdianaJones7 said:
how about Catwoman?

I like cats...

:whip:
Catwoman.gif

IndyJoey

kongisking said:
Batsy is kinda a sore subject for some Raveners...that's why. Something about how they think he's pretentious, overly dark, and ruined KOTCS' reception... :p

As for you, Joey, do you post often?

How did batman ruin KOTCS reception? And yes, you could say that i post often to some extent at least... i remember when KOTCS came out, but i wasnt able to see it in theater, because there was some bad stuff going on with my family...

kongisking

IndyJoey said:
How did batman ruin KOTCS reception? And yes, you could say that i post often to some extent at least... i remember when KOTCS came out, but i wasnt able to see it in theater, because there was some bad stuff going on with my family...

I hereby direct you to this thread:

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=21355

Be careful. Be very careful.

And I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the pleasure of seeing KOTCS in the theater, Joey. No one should miss out on that!*

*Unless, of course, they hated the film...those folks don't matter!

IndyJoey

kongisking said:
I hereby direct you to this thread:

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=21355

Be careful. Be very careful.

And I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the pleasure of seeing KOTCS in the theater, Joey. No one should miss out on that!*

*Unless, of course, they hated the film...those folks don't matter!

I see... im not even going to say anything on there, because, i honestly liked KotCS, but it is my least favorite Indy movie. I also did enjoy the batman movies, so im not going to start mouthing about how either one is good, nor bad.

kongisking

IndyJoey said:
I see... im not even going to say anything on there, because, i honestly liked KotCS, but it is my least favorite Indy movie. I also did enjoy the batman movies, so im not going to start mouthing about how either one is good, nor bad.

You chose wisely.

Maybe if you're lucky, Lucas will re-release the Indy films in theaters on a future anniversary, and then you'll be able to enjoy KOTCS in the theater, as it was meant to be seen!

Marshall2288

I think last time I dropped Batman I got a response that re-corrected me as "bat****". There are some amusing people around to say the least.

kongisking

Marshall2288 said:
I think last time I dropped Batman I got a response that re-corrected me as "bat****". There are some amusing people around to say the least.

You've just had a taste, believe me. You should see how they act when you outright try to preach the glories and merits of the Caped Crusader...

Finn

Staff member
Marshall2288 said:
After a good tounge lashing from Stoo, I'll leave the Batman stuff alone around here.
Pfft. For future reference, Stoo is a kitten. To allow oneself be intimidated by him is like fleeing from a cathartic squirrel.

Though in general, being wary of where to mention the Bat is a good idea.

Stoo

Marshall2288 said:
After a good tounge lashing from Stoo,...
My default greeting to new members is, "Welcome to The Raven, where the whip-cracking never stops!":p:whip:
Finn said:
Pfft. For future reference, Stoo is a kitten. To allow oneself be intimidated by him is like fleeing from a cathartic squirrel.
That's true. In person, I'm very friendly and easy to get along with. Always smiling, too.:D

MEE-OW!

Anyway, welcome to The Raven, Richard/KingdianaJones.:hat: I saw your photos and it's very cool that you got to meet Harrison, not just once but twice! I've met a few big celebrities but never Harry. Would love to, though. My own mother even has a crush on the guy!