Hello from Albuquerque

p10anniv

Hello from the southwest, I joined last week but I have been reading posts and articles on this site since last year. I have always loved the films and just recently started collecting Indy gear. My 9 year old daughter loves the films and has seen them many times. I own the DVD collection, & the sound track. Anyway, just want to say hi.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Hi.

I haven't been to Albuquerque itself, but have passed through Santa Fe and other parts of New Mexico, and its beautiful country.

(And okay, I'll bite. The screen name? Did you reverse your username and password or something?)

p10anniv

I am from Santa Fe, born and raised. No, It's the same name I use for another Forum ; MX-5 Miata.net , a site for the Mazda Miata user community. Looks very similar to this in its outlook and construction. I just thought it would be easier to have the same name for both sites. If I decide to change it how would I go about it ? I looked at my profile and did not see a link.

Last edited:
Welcome to The Raven.

Looking forward to hearing your take on all that transpires around here. You don't need to be thick skinned but it helps.

Stoo

p10anniv said:
I am from Santa Fe, born and raised.
Welcome to the Raven, where the whip-cracking never stops!:whip:

Hey, p10, are you into the TV series at all? Young Indy goes to Santa Fe in 1916.:)

p10anniv

Stoo said:
Welcome to the Raven, where the whip-cracking never stops!:whip:

Hey, p10, are you into the TV series at all? Young Indy goes to Santa Fe in 1916.:)
Not really, but I would be interested to see that episode. By the way, I want to get another whip like the 8 foot Todds whip. I currently have a 6 foot prop whip that is more for show. I found a nice 10 foot whip at Dans Boots and Saddles ( a western store that sells horse accessories and western wear) for $180 so I might get that one when I can afford it.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
p10anniv said:
I am from Santa Fe, born and raised.

Beautiful city. I've got to get back there one of these days.

p10anniv said:
No, It's the same name I use for another Forum ; MX-5 Miata.net , a site for the Mazda Miata user community. Looks very similar to this in its outlook and construction. I just thought it would be easier to have the same name for both sites. If I decide to change it how would I go about it ? I looked at my profile and did not see a link.

Fair enough. (If you decide to go with a new name at some point, you can private message me or one of the other moderators.)

Stoo

The Drifter said:
Has Bugs Bunny took any wrong turns there lately?
Heh. I was thinking of saying that!:)
p10anniv said:
Not really, but I would be interested to see that episode.
Good because it's one of the best ones. Look out for "Spring Break Adventure" (formerly known as "Curse of the Jackal").

I've never been to new New Mexico but was very close when I spent a week in Colorado this past summer. Wanted to visit Four Corners but never made it.:(

p10anniv

Attila the Professor said:
Beautiful city. I've got to get back there one of these days.

Fair enough. (If you decide to go with a new name at some point, you can private message me or one of the other moderators.)
OK, the name is the first letter of my name ; Paul, and the 10anniv is for my 99 Mazda Miata ; a 10th anniversary edition model only 7500 made world wide.

p10anniv

Stoo said:
Heh. I was thinking of saying that!:)
Good because it's one of the best ones. Look out for "Spring Break Adventure" (formerly known as "Curse of the Jackal").

I've never been to new New Mexico but was very close when I spent a week in Colorado this past summer. Wanted to visit Four Corners but never made it.:(
You need to come back and pay us a visit and bring your hat and whip and jacket and walk around the plaza in Santa Fe and scare all the tourists. But seriously, northern NM is a great place to visit. If you like to ski, the ski lodge in Santa Fe and Toas is the best, except for Colorado.

Stoo

p10anniv said:
You need to come back and pay us a visit and bring your hat and whip and jacket and walk around the plaza in Santa Fe and scare all the tourists. But seriously, northern NM is a great place to visit. If you like to ski, the ski lodge in Santa Fe and Toas is the best, except for Colorado.
I am skier and, these days, have the pleasure of living near the Swiss Alps. From what I've seen & heard from friends, the Rockies are very inviting and would love to do them. Thanks for the recommendations.

A cousin of mine lives in Colorado and one of my aunts is from Arizona so I WILL definitely be visiting again. One destination on my "to do" list is Columbus, New Mexico. I was interested in the Pancho Villa raid before the Young Indy series involved him in it. (You must see this episode!)

Have you ever been to Columbus?

p10anniv

Stoo said:
I am skier and, these days, have the pleasure of living near the Swiss Alps. From what I've seen & heard from friends, the Rockies are very inviting and would love to do them. Thanks for the recommendations.

A cousin of mine lives in Colorado and one of my aunts is from Arizona so I WILL definitely be visiting again. One destination on my "to do" list is Columbus, New Mexico. I was interested in the Pancho Villa raid before the Young Indy series involved him in it. (You must see this episode!)

Have you ever been to Columbus?
No that is down south but I lived in Las Cruces while going to college and that is somewhat near that part of the state.

Pale Horse

Staff member
p10anniv said:
But seriously, northern NM is a great place to visit. If you like to ski, the ski lodge in Santa Fe and Toas is the best, except for Colorado.

Two Words

10,000 Waves

p10anniv

Yes that is a famous Japanese hot tub and spa in the Hyde Park area in the mountain where the ski basin is located. I have never been there but I have heard that its very fancy and pricey. A nice place to bring a date. They have private rooms.

Indy Scout 117

ok so since your from NM i have to ask if you know of/have been to or around Philmont?? its in cimmeron, and thats the largest, most famous Boy Scout camp in the US of A. just thought i'd mention that (y) been there a couple of times myself. :cool: yeah p10 as you can tell im a Scout, Eagle actually. :cool: :cool: :cool: anywho, enjoy your time at the Raven!!!! :whip:

p10anniv

Indy Scout 117 said:
ok so since your from NM i have to ask if you know of/have been to or around Philmont?? its in cimmeron, and thats the largest, most famous Boy Scout camp in the US of A. just thought i'd mention that (y) been there a couple of times myself. :cool: yeah p10 as you can tell im a Scout, Eagle actually. :cool: :cool: :cool: anywho, enjoy your time at the Raven!!!! :whip:
No, cant say that I have and thanks, I plan to

RateofNate

Just lurking on the Newbie Forum and I was overjoyed to see another member from Santa Fe! Lived there my whole life but now I'm in Massachusetts for college. Really excited to go back once the semester is over. I love my hometown.