Petition to publish Staff of Kings novelization!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Here are places to notify the multitude of Star Wars fans of the petition. Know any others?
http://forums.starwars.com/forum.jspa?forumID=22
http://boards.theforce.net/lucasfilm_projects_indiana_jones_4/b10265
http://threads.rebelscum.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=IndianaJones

Be sure to point out it's an original story by George Lucas:
Set in 1939, this epic, original story – written for the first time under the direction of George Lucas – puts you in the fedora of the legendary adventure hero as he unravels the clues found in ancient artifacts spanning the globe.

Last edited:

Jono11

Guys, I don't like to be a buzzkill, but I wouldn't get hopes up. These petitions almost never work. You would need thousands of signatures, within basically a week or two, to even get LucasFilm's attention. Furthermore, they've clearly made their decision, and it's based on realities of the publishing industry: to push the book up to a June release would lose more money than it would take in. They wouldn't have time to drum up publicity and all that sort of jazz. By contrast, if they didn't publish it until December or so, all the corporate marketing synergy would be gone, due to the different release times.

Maybe they'll release the eBook, but I'd be shocked. George Lucas hasn't cared what his fans wanted since...well, since ever, really.

Dewy9

Put this on any Star Wars website you know of. There's a big crossover fanbase between George's two series.

As Dr. Jones would say "This is intolerable!"

DocWhiskey

Jono11 said:
Guys, I don't like to be a buzzkill, but I wouldn't get hopes up. These petitions almost never work.

Maybe they'll release the eBook, but I'd be shocked. George Lucas hasn't cared what his fans wanted since...well, since ever, really.

Agreed, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Dewy9

Jono11 said:

Perhaps not, I'd disagree, but he's a fan of money... and I don't see how he loses any by a book not selling well. Del Rey is the one who publishes the books.

bennihana123

I remember when they were going to release original Firefly novels based off of the TV show (It's amazing). The publisher canceled the books, but one was already done, so the author 'published' it as a fanfiction.

I just want to read the damn book. :whip:

Jono11

bennihana123 said:
I remember when they were going to release original Firefly novels based off of the TV show (It's amazing). The publisher canceled the books, but one was already done, so the author 'published' it as a fanfiction.

Surprised the author got away with that. You can be sure that if MacGregor did that, Lucas would get after him hard.

Dewy9

bennihana123 said:

I think the story was that it was for the movie, Joss Whedon had to sign off on the other books and never got around to it, so only the novelization was released.

RedeemedChild

I would love to see a manga style adaption of Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings drawn by the artist who drew the Star Wars Visions of the Blade webcomic for StarWars.com along with the American traditional comic book adaption (graphic novel) like that of Star Wars The Force Unleashed.

bennihana123

Dewy9 said:
I think the story was that it was for the movie, Joss Whedon had to sign off on the other books and never got around to it, so only the novelization was released.
Here is the unreleased 'official' Firefly novel.

http://dreamcafe.com/firefly.html

I think the potential novels were already approved by Whedon, but the publisher decided that there wasn't a market for it or something.

Anyway, if something like this happens with Staff of Kings, I'd be just as happy as if it really got published. If LucasFilm has a problem with it, he can wait until after the game is out for a while then release it as a 'fan adaptation'.
Wishful thinking, I suppose. :gun:

Nurhachi1991

RedeemedChild said:
I would love to see a manga style adaption of Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings drawn by the artist who drew the Star Wars Visions of the Blade webcomic for StarWars.com along with the American traditional comic book adaption (graphic novel) like that of Star Wars The Force Unleashed.

Indiana.jpg

NO MANGA

RedeemedChild

Nurhachi1991 said:

And why not?

Here is the official Star Wars Manga licened by George Lucas and Lucasfilm.

swmeb1.jpg

If Star Wars is good enough to have manga so is Indiana Jones. Not only is an Indiana Jones manga a good idea but it would also serve as a good marketing strategy because it would help to draw more diversity in the Indiana Jones fanbase by attracting manga readers who currently might not have an interest in Indiana Jones.

Morning Bell

I just signed it. It's a long-shot at this point but after all the work MacGregor put into it this novel deserves to be released in some form.