The Indy Novels in Journal Form (pic heavy)

Howlrunner

Thanks. :)

The rest of the journal can be seen in the other thread in the Indy Video Games sub-forum (the journal itself starts with Peril at Delphi and then I continued it until the last page of the diary which got me as far as Level 3 of Emperor's Tomb - the rest will conclude in another diary and then I'll switch back to the movies, comics, etc shown in the timeline). I split posting the journal pics into 2 different sub-forums because they were more relevant to the adventures covered.

To answer your question, I started the diary in January 2010 with Peril at Delphi and plowed on right through until I had covered all of the novels shown in this thread, ending with Secret of the Sphink in April 2010. (That all included actually READING each novel too) I then had a long break from the journal and restarted it in January 2012 with Curse of the Sea Devil (an entry that I've not actually posted here as it's not a book) then started Emperor's Tomb. I ran out of pages for the rest of Emperor's Tomb in February 2012 so that's when that diary was finished. So 5 months working on it all in all.

And yes, I learned a lot. The good thing about the novels (unlike the comics) is that they're researched really well by the authors, so there's lots of background info to find and most things are based on real artifacts or legends.

Plaristes

Howlrunner, I'm glad to see that you're fickle. :p It's good to have a good long term hobby. ;) Some of those comic stories are cool, so I'm glad to see you're including them. It's been a while since I looked at them, but don't the Marvel stories take place after Raiders?

Re: Dance of Death, it was planned but never published. It was, however, referenced in other material (link).

Re: IJ and the Temple of Yearning, I'm told the reference to Thailand rather than Siam places the story sometime between 1939-45 (link), but there's nothing more precise than that. You can place it wherever you like within that time frame.

Howlrunner

Thanks for the info. Good catch on the Raiders placement, didn't notice that I'd done that wrong, will fix it. :)

Will also remove Dance of Death and add Temple of Yearning....

And just because I haven't posted it, here's the only comic entry I've done so far, Shrine of the Sea Devil:

Diary89.jpg

Diary89b.jpg

Diary90.jpg

Diary90b.jpg

This features a copy of a real article about Amelia Earhart's flight that was printed in 1935 and a copy of a real autographed photo of Amelia (which has been altered to include a dedication to Indy).

Oh, and I'm planning on dismantling the journal and spending some time with a borrowed scanner....

Stoo

Staggering achievement!(y) Being an Indy timeline freak like Plaristes, I have to compliment you on your marvelous work. While "The Lost Journal" is a cool book, yours is much more interesting & fleshed out. I would buy this at the drop of a hat.

Of all the inserts you've included, I really dig the fold out cross-section of the tunnels under the Sphinx.

Re. the coins: We have a coin expert here. His name is WilliamBoyd8.

Welcome to The Raven, Howlrunner!:hat:

Howlrunner

Sorry that this thread is such a mess now. If I could go back and edit my original posts I'd cut out all the non-working pictures....

Having just spent about 2 hours with a scanner and Photoshop, I have finally got to the point where I have scanned in every single page and cropped the scans correctly. As such, I've done a bit of cleaning up, deleted all the old pictures of the pages, now that I've got high resolution, large, flat images of each page.

I still have to sit and fill in a whole lot of little black bits around the edges of the pages where the scan wasn't quite straight. Then I'll have to cop down to each individual page (rather than a double page spread). Then I'm going to try to work out how to arrange the pages so that the correct pages will print back-to-back. I've worked too long on this to keep it to myself.... ;)

I can'tr see the images, (only a few show up, the rest say moved or deleted by user) but what I saw was amazing!

I'm getting ready to start the book series again (I never finished it), and picked up the remaining books a couple years back. I never had all of them when they where originally published (I was in college, I needed beer money), and just haven't had time to read them.

this would be a great time to start a project like this....