Indiana Jones references in pop culture...

Goonie

It's all Disney now so it's fair game!

A new extended clip from Guardians of the Galaxy. Listen carefully. *warning* Don't watch if you don't want any spoilers.

Just two more weeks. Can't wait. (y)

Le Saboteur

While not Indiana Jones specific per se it does answer that longstanding question of 'What if Tom Selleck Had Played Indiana Jones?' (and was dubbed over by Patrick Warburton.) Introducing the legendary... Reno Jackson!

hearthstone_league_of_explorers-5-474x600.jpg

He's the leader(?) of Blizzard's League of Explorers!

And we are indeed are explorers! Adventure we seek 'cross land and sea!

Sample gameplay! Will you answer the call?!

370px-Elise_Starseeker_full.jpg

The world cries out for heroes!

Drop your drawers!

Le Saboteur

In the second episode of Gravity Falls' first season, Dipper is imagining the press tour he'll go on after he wins the monster photography grand prize. As he's being feted as a fearless adventurer, something suspiciously similar to the Raiders March plays in the background.

tumblr_inline_nz0zgpdGWx1rfyhxx_540.png

Given the type of show I wouldn't be surprised to see several other references as time goes by.

276.gif

Le Saboteur

The Halloween episode of ABC's Fresh off the Boat paid tribute to everybody's favorite geriaction hero in their most recent Halloween episode!

In moving pictures here.

362x204-Q100_95219a4b75eb1b1ac361baa997a680d1.jpg

MTM1ODAxOGQyMSMvNU5aTWlCZVB5Rmtkc2VMdlp4VGpqU2V1Smk0PS8xMjZ4MTg6Mjg3NHgxOTg2LzYyMXg0NDYvZmlsdGVyczpxdWFsaXR5KDcwKS9odHRwOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzL2NneHo0ZDZ5cjNma2doemZpamVwbWJia3lobWlyZDlqMnBsdXhsdXBuamRkaWtpdGx2N3h0NWNvMHRrd25jdTkuanBn.jpg

Don't watch the video! Just fast forward to the seventeen minute mark and watch from there!

Forbidden Eye

I wasn’t completely sure where to put this. This thread looks as good as a place as any.

Chip ‘N Dale Rescue Rangers, which has always been influenced by Indiana Jones(and Magnum P.I.) now has a meta Roger Rabbit-ish reboot. They even directly reference Indiana Jones: Disney’s first real use of the brand since the Lucasfilm purchase!

https://flic.kr/p/2n3P5fy

Finn

Staff member
I confess: It's the first time I heard of this. I watched the embedded trailer and thought that it's some kind of spoof. But, of course, I had to google it to be sure... "What? The damn thing's real?"

Forbidden Eye

I confess: It's the first time I heard of this. I watched the embedded trailer and thought that it's some kind of spoof. But, of course, I had to google it to be sure... "What? The damn thing's real?"
Rescue Rangers was part of the “Disney Afternoon” lineup along with DuckTales. Not as big of a hit, but it definitely has its fans among a certain generation.

I only really saw a couple episodes growing up, I loved the theme song.

As far as the movie goes: it’s weird. It looks like it’s catered to me and my sensibilities, but something feels a bit off about it.

Finn

Staff member
Rescue Rangers was part of the “Disney Afternoon” lineup along with DuckTales.
I know, thankyouweddymuch. Watched it as a kid. I was talking about the trailer alone, which looked more like a spoof than one of an actual movie.

Yure

Just started Umbrella Academy season #3 and in episode 2 there's a STRONG reference to Raiders 😁

Face_Melt

Marvels animated “What If…? series on Disney+ Had a cool reference. Hawkeye and Black Widow walk into a warehouse. Hawkeye says “You ever seen Raiders of the Lost Ark? Ever seen that movie?” And Black Widow responds “Love that movie”.

Yure

The Orville (great show by the way!), season 3, episode 5.
The prologue has a very Indy-like atmosphere, with a burial temple and a booby trapped door with darts coming from the walls :)

curmudgeon

I assume this counts...
Clips from Raiders were used in Disney+'s & Mary McCartney's Abbey Road documentary, If These Walls Could Sing, in a segment talking about John Williams' association with the recording studio, starting with Indy.

Kukulcan

I wonder what will stick from Dial. Going through the memorable quotes thread I didn‘t find anything t-shirt worthy like „You have chose wisely“.

Probably Helena knocking out Indy will be part of future Big Bang like discussions.

IndianaBones

I wonder what will stick from Dial. Going through the memorable quotes thread I didn‘t find anything t-shirt worthy like „You have chose wisely“.

Probably Helena knocking out Indy will be part of future Big Bang like discussions.
I think it’ll take some time considering a lot more people are just now seeing it on digital and soon streaming.

The biggest sequences that stick out from Dial are the tuktuk chase, horse in a subway, train flashback, and time travel. I could see those being referenced in some way in pop culture in the future. Quote wise,

"It's Not So Much What You Believe. It's How Hard You Believe It."

“Give 'em hell, Indiana Jones!”

“You’re calculations were wrong!!”

“My memory's a little fuzzy, but your face rings a bell. Are you still a Nazi?”