Where did Indy learn to fight?

Raiders90

As the Chronicles (and ''LC) showed us, Indy didn't grow up on the street, and yet he has an almost preternatural ability to fight. He's a dirty fighter, and as the Chronicles showed us, knows a little karate. Where'd he learn how to fight?

The Adventurer

Raiders112390 said:
He's a dirty fighter, and as the Chronicles showed us, knows a little karate. Where'd he learn how to fight?

Some people are born fighters...some not...and some learn...if Indy learned how to fight, then experience is the teacher...or an old mentor like Mr. Miagy San...:D

Indy_Jones

I always thought Indiana learned how to fight in the army; he was in a couple of battles so it's a possible theory on how he was instructed.

But, Viper brings up a good point about Abner. Mr. Ravenwood did teach Indy almost everything he knows.

All we can do is guess unless Lucas decides to tell us, which I don?t think he?ll be doing anytime soon.

IAdventurer01

Baron Brunwald said:
From Sean Connery ;)

Indy's good, but I don't think he qualifies as a double-O.

My guess is that, even in childhood, he got into so many spats with other people, he just started to get the hang of it. Experience + military training = Adult Indy's fighting prowess.

For the martial arts, got me! :confused:

XMarksTheSpot

Well...we know for sure his dad didn't teach him. lol But yes as stated before I think maybe he just learned along the way. Maybe through his many travels and encounters with different people, he picked up a little something here and there.

He is a free spirit so I'm sure as a youth he got into many a fights. After all personal experience is the best way to learn how to fight dirty. ;)

Gear

Raiders112390 said:
As the Chronicles (and ''LC) showed us, Indy didn't grow up on the street, and yet he has an almost preternatural ability to fight. He's a dirty fighter, and as the Chronicles showed us, knows a little karate. Where'd he learn how to fight?

In the booklet for Indiana Jones and the Emporers Tomb there is page on how to fight your didgital foes and it has a print on it wich says: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE. Also it has a note attached wich reads: Junior, Though I dont aprove of violence ( or your methods in general) this training guide from my days in the volunters corps may come in handy should you run into trouble again. -your father

Stoo

Nice one, gear guardian! (y) I don't have the game so it is cool to hear
interesting details like this. Posts like yours are one of the reasons which
make a subscription to this forum worthwhile. Welcome to the board!

So (according to Lucas Arts), Henry Sr. enlisted for good ol' Uncle Sam.
My guess would be for the home guard reserves, just before Indy was
born, during the 1898 Spanish-American War. That same year there was
also U.S. military presence in Nicaragua, China, Samoa...making the
probablity of him joining a "volunteer corps" at that time seem very likely.

Perhaps he left the manual on Indy's desk after his son had lost a fight
with his high school rival, Butch, from the Young Indy series?

Gear

Iv'e never seen the young Indy cronicles though I think Dr. Jones and the movies are awsome. :gun:

otto rahn

Well in the "Young Indy" series he is serving in the Belgian Army in WW1. Maybe he learned it in the army, or while on leave in various low dives in France and Belgium ?

Adolf Hitler

Who says he learned to fight anywhere?

If you get drunk and have a bar fight nobody has taught you what to do in advance. You just take your chances and if you're half decent at it you might win!

Fighting like Indy

I got into a bar brawl a few years ago. Some six foot five idiot challenged me for for...I dunno...breathing, and I went into the fight with the spirit and bravado of Indy. Fists flew, blood squirted. I was just like Indy! Some guy was shouting " Leave him alone! He's had enough!". The tall guy agreed and stopped jumping up and down on my head...

Adolf Hitler

herr gruber said:
I got into a bar brawl a few years ago. Some six foot five idiot challenged me for for...I dunno...breathing, and I went into the fight with the spirit and bravado of Indy. Fists flew, blood squirted. I was just like Indy! Some guy was shouting " Leave him alone! He's had enough!". The tall guy agreed and stopped jumping up and down on my head...
Somehow I'm not surprised that such events are taking please in Merseyside ;)