Bacon

The pig is a chinese astrological animal, therefore in chinese medicine they use the pig in all sorts of metaphors to describe certain changes in personality and specific ailments according to diagnosing a patient during a certain season. In other terms the "bacon" is good to digest in the late fall after the body has cleansed itself and before the season of winter when the body naturally starts to store and hibernate energy for the long winter ahead. Its good to store fatty foods for the long enduring winter,but during the summer bacon can cause high blood pressure because of its high fat content , although It can be very tonifying for the kidneys, if it is pure bacon, alot of bacon has sulfates in it though,which is related to sodium, its a perservative which actually dries out the kidneys like salt does, resulting in hypertension, high blood pressure and uti's, but if one can find bacon without sulfates from lets say an organic free range farm than it can be very beneficial to the kidneys, and one can endure the harshness of winter without getting cold or sick, in the same way that red wine without sulfates like real red wine from local vineyards can actually benefit the liver with its antioxidants, one could get the best of both worlds , delicious bacon with the tonifying effects of its highly intelligent provider the pig,if its real pure bacon, yah its more expensive , but so is a kidney on the black market! One thing that is also very important, and that is if the pig lived a happy life roaming the mucky mud that it likes to do freely, than the more it is gracious to give to the chomper or the meal consumer its gift of vitality, if the pig is caged and force fead its whole life and not able to roam free it may just decide to give you, well I wont say it in respect to the former that asked me not to, a :mad: .......;)(y)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
*Sniff*

I love the smell of bacon cooking in the morning...reminds me of breakfast.:D

A.N. references aside, bacon is without a doubt #1 on my list for comfort foods. A nice warm bacon sandwich can turn a me from this(n) to this(y).

qwerty

I ate today fish with bacon. It is realy good combo.
The only problem was that fish did not soak up the flavour of the bacon enough so it was more like eating fish and bacon as two different food items then eating fish with bacon as a meal.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
That's possible??? I had a bacon and cabbage stew yesterday. Traditional Hungarian dish, or so my mum tells me.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
For a christmas party last night someone made bacon and string beans all wrong. They obviously boiled the bacon flavor away in bean water. What's the point? :(

roundshort

The holidays are a time for Bacon, that is for sure! We had a dinner at our restaurant in Napa on Saturday, and EVERY course had bacon, it was great!

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I had bacon for breakfeast this weekend, hadn't done that in years! It reminded me of America and those breakfeasts at friendly's. :)

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Gustav said:
Vaxer, are you actually French or are you just in France?
I said it all in the <a href="http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?p=215458#post215458">bio thread</a> of the feedback forum. I'm a <big>French</big>/<small>American</small> in France who lived a little in America.