The Official Trailer Thread

Kingsley

Hard work for the moderators. The Trailer will confirm some things, but other will remain rumours, and will be mixed in this thread inevitable... good luck, I will try to take care of my words ;)

JD2008

Loved it, but....

It looks like this time they are relying a bit too much on cgi. No doubt because of Indy's age, but the real reason to use cgi is to keep the interests of all the younger moviegoers.

I loved the music in the beginning.:)

triklops

JD2008 said:
It looks like this time they are relying a bit too much on cgi. No doubt because of Indy's age, but the real reason to use cgi is to keep the interests of all the younger moviegoers.

I loved the music in the beginning.:)

The silhouette shot looks awesome...but yeah, too much CGI.

SPOILER

Anyone noticed that "Roswell" shot ? :)

Avilos

The people who are complaining about this trailer should not see the movie at all. I am deadly serious. Because you are impossible to please. But you will never admit that.

Avilos said:
The people who are complaining about this trailer should not see the movie at all. I am deadly serious. Because you are impossible to please. But you will never admit that.

Of course we won't admit that. Because that's an idiotic, presumptuous and flatly wrong statement.

Salacious

Avilos said:

Hmmm...but then all these forumns would become too boring wouldnt it then. j/k. :whip:

triklops

Avilos said:

It's guys like you I will never understand.... Nobody has to like everything because it has written "Spielber/Lucas/Ford" over it....
It's people like you that partly "made" the Star Wars prequels look like they do because people accept everything.
Lucas may sh*t on a big screen, write "Star Wars" or "Indy" (Not saying the trailer is sh*t) all over it and some people would still love it...

Avilos

ResidentAlien said:
Of course we won't admit that. Because that's an idiotic, presumptuous and flatly wrong statement.

Your the King of presumptuous and flatly wrong statements. You have such a narrow definition of what Indiana Jones is supposed to be that this film was never going to make you happy. I have followed your posts. I know what I am talking about!

triklops said:
It's guys like you I will never understand.... Nobody has to like everything because it has written "Spielber/Lucas/Ford" over it....
It's people like you that partly "made" the Star Wars prequels look like they do because people accept everything.
Lucas may sh*t on a big screen, write "Star Wars" or "Indy" (Not saying the trailer is sh*t) all over it and some people would still love it...

Amen to that.

Avilos said:
Your the King of presumptuous and flatly wrong statements. You have such a narrow definition of what Indiana Jones is supposed to be that this film was never going to make you happy. I have followed your posts. I know what I am talking about!

Oh I bet you do!

:rolleyes:

Avilos

triklops said:

I am not a person like that at all. IS JUST A TRAILER nothing more. There is not much to really judge the film on. That is my point.

Yes. There are people just like you describe. I don't like those people either. There are also also people who are the opposite of that.... Both groups are bad.

Avilos said:
I am not a person like that at all. IS JUST A TRAILER nothing more. There is not much to really judge the film on. That is my point. There are people just like you describe. I don't like those people either. There are also are also people who are the opposite of that....

What the hell do you mean?! You just saw 2 minutes of footage straight out of the film. You now know the cinematographic style and the relative tone of the film. That's plenty to begin judgment on.

Stop being such a follower. Question once in awhile.

Salacious

ResidentAlien said:
What the hell do you mean?! You just saw 2 minutes of footage straight out of the film. You now know the cinematographic style and the relative tone of the film. That's plenty to begin judgment on.

Well, I am not sure if I agree with that. The trailers for Phantom Menace were awesome, but that didnt make the movie the next best thing since sliced bread did it? - albeit, its not as bad a film many make it out to be.

I dont think you can judge anything in the movie from the trailers 100%. Certain elements like usage of CGI and stuff like that...yeah, maybe you can say a trailer gives that away, but the editing, tone, direction, etc etc you really cant just simply judge from the trailer.

Salacious said:
Well, I am not sure if I agree with that. The trailers for Phantom Menace were awesome, but that didnt make the movie the next best thing since sliced bread did it? - albeit, its not as bad a film many make it out to be.

I dont think you can judge anything in the movie from the trailers 100%. Certain elements like usage of CGI and stuff like that...yeah, maybe you can say a trailer gives that away, but the editing, tone, direction, etc etc you really cant just simply judge from the trailer.

Notice I used the word "begin." I've made no final judgment on the film. Just an initial judgment. You better believe I'll be the first one in the theater opening night. That doesn't change that:

A. The trailer is weak
B. It provides a cursory idea of what to expect from the film

Avilos

ResidentAlien said:

You are so transparent! You have assessed and rejected the cinematographic style based on that crappy videotaped bootleg???!!!

You amuse me greatly! Its like listening to a small child who speaks of things beyond their comprehension. LOL! :D