Spielberg to Comic-Con 2011

foreignerfred

My friends,

We need someone in Hall H getting to the probing questions surrounding Indy V. We need Spielberg good and cornered. If multiple people are going, I suggest different folks agreeing to ask certain Indy V related questions, so we can get maximum feedback.

Something OTHER than "It's close, it's a rumor, George hates Spielberg, Ford, and all fans, it's the cause of all our deaths, etc."

Anyone going?
http://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1182151p1.html

Indy's brother

Hey I'm all for it, but after 3 years I think it's safe to say that he's playing it close to the vest, and he'll let us know when he's good and ready. On HIS terms.

foreignerfred

Indy's brother said:
Hey I'm all for it, but after 3 years I think it's safe to say that he's playing it close to the vest, and he'll let us know when he's good and ready. On HIS terms.

The flicker I'm about to mention is dim...and I mean DIM...but when I first read the article, some undying hope in me wondered if maybe he plans to reveal a production date for Indy 5.

But I said it, didn't I?
Dim.

moon_tan

foreignerfred said:
My friends,

We need someone in Hall H getting to the probing questions surrounding Indy V. We need Spielberg good and cornered. If multiple people are going, I suggest different folks agreeing to ask certain Indy V related questions, so we can get maximum feedback.

Something OTHER than "It's close, it's a rumor, George hates Spielberg, Ford, and all fans, it's the cause of all our deaths, etc."

Anyone going?
http://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1182151p1.html
Shia LaBeouf certainly gave us some hope with his news, but Harrison Ford shut it down by saying he would be happy to do another one, but they are just rumors at this point.

Didn't we hear that Lucas was doing some research awhile back or that he had people doing research?
Didn't Shia say through talking with Harrison Ford that George Lucas was looking for a "MacGuffin"?

I would be happy if Spielberg or Lucas would say they are writing a script but only on the weekends.

I realize Spielberg will be busy with "Lincoln" starring Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field. Lucas is preparing all 6 Star Wars films for re-release from 2012-17.

I should not say this, but since Spielberg and Lucas disagree so much on each others ideas for Indiana Jones, maybe if Lucas or Spielberg died and Frank Marshall stepped in, we would get an Indiana Jones movie quicker. If Harrison Ford made himself an Executive Producer we would really be cooking.

I was disappointed with Harrison Ford saying they are just rumors. Maybe Lucas told him to say that so as not to stir up excitement.

It would be nice if they said, "...well we got one page done."

Let's not be vultures at the upcoming convention and tear into Ford and Lucas about Indiana Jones 5, but be polite and ask, "May we please have an Indiana Jones 5?".

moon_tan

Indy's brother said:
Your right. Shia said recently in an interview (paraphrasing) that he knew Harrison Ford was ready to go and wants to do Indiana Jones 5, but George Lucas was going to take his time through the process. No one is going to force George Lucas. They are ready for the call, but they don't know if the call will ever come.

For myself as a fan, I would love to hear that George Lucas is at least seriously considering Indiana Jones 5 or at least has one page done.

I remember with Crystal Skull, suddenly the press was hearing rumors that a script for Indiana Jones was in development and announcement was going to be made soon.
Then we did get the surprise announcement that they would begin filming in May 2007.
Maybe that is what they will do again. Just out of the blue make a surprise announcement from Lucasfilm that Indiana Jones 5 will be in production.

I don't know how much time George Lucas needs in getting his Star Wars movies prepared for 3D re-release, but I would assume he has plenty of time to write a new Indiana Jones script.
Maybe George Lucas should watch Legend Quest on Syfy channel every Wednesday night to get some ideas of what "MacGuffin" to search for.

Start pestering him people! Got to kick it into a higher gear...it's up to YOU!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8yDy5YgD_bc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's always a lot of material left for Indiana Jones and many other, you know, sort of paranormal McGuffins or Icons to go after, antiquities to go after. But this movie was brought back by popular demand. This is the first time I've reacted to the audience over the world saying we want another Indiana Jones movie...and I would like to say, that if the audience likes this one and they put those same demands on us it going to be hard for us to say no. But it's not up to me it's up to them.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I can't wait to see the hoards of fans mobing him this weekend. This man will undoubted respond like one of the dudes below:

old+men.jpg

In fact, I see him and Ford in the likeness above.

Henry W Jones

Asking is one thing, pestering and cornering them is another.

1. If they are making an announcement at Comic-Con they will tell you when they tell everyone else.

2. They will probably tell you anything to appease you so you'll leave them alone. (Things Shia would say in an interview)

3. Let's not make them not want to go to conventions anymore because of over the top obsessing.

If they are going to make Indy 5 they will let us know. I think voicing interest is great but let's not harass these guys about it. They'll make the movie if and when they are ready. Personally though I'd like to see it, I'm not holding my breath.

Mungi

Hall H has 6,500 seats. Room for a lot of questions. I hope we can get someone to ask him the one question.:hat:

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
I can't wait to see the hoards of fans mobing him this weekend. This man will undoubted respond like one of the dudes below:

old+men.jpg

In fact, I see him and Ford in the likeness above.
Hahahahahahahaha! Good show. Spielberg on left, Ford right.

foreignerfred

Dr.Sartorius said:
Absolutely zero new info on Indy will come out of Comic Con.

You're probably right, but I guess we'll see.

It's certainly a rare event AND a rare opportunity.

So is anyone from the Raven going to be there?

Pester! Harrass! Intimidate! Torment!

Henry W Jones said:
Asking is one thing, pestering and cornering them is another.

1. If they are making an announcement at Comic-Con they will tell you when they tell everyone else.

2. They will probably tell you anything to appease you so you'll leave them alone. (Things Shia would say in an interview)

3. Let's not make them not want to go to conventions anymore because of over the top obsessing.

If they are going to make Indy 5 they will let us know. I think voicing interest is great but let's not harass these guys about it. They'll make the movie if and when they are ready. Personally though I'd like to see it, I'm not holding my breath.

Regarding points one and two, that's how they treat any and ALL questions already.

Point three is silly, I can't think of any Indiana Jones question, (well maybe one or two) that would sour them on Comic Cons...:rolleyes:

So: Pester! Harrass! Intimidate! Torment!

Darth Vile

Rocket Surgeon said:
Regarding points one and two, that's how they treat any and ALL questions already.

Point three is silly, I can't think of any Indiana Jones question, (well maybe one or two) that would sour them on Comic Cons...:rolleyes:

So: Pester! Harrass! Intimidate! Torment!

Agreed - I really don't think the level of interest shown at comic con, or by vocal/enthusiastic fans would sway them one way or another (regardless of whatever Spielberg says about "this one is for the fans"). I'd think we'd both agree that unless Lucas/Spielberg are wanting to make a movie for themselves, that interests them... then why should we be interested?