Spielberg to Comic-Con 2011

Henry W Jones

Rocket Surgeon said:
Regarding points one and two, that's how they treat any and ALL questions already.

Point three is silly, I can't think of any Indiana Jones question, (well maybe one or two) that would sour them on Comic Cons...:rolleyes:

So: Pester! Harrass! Intimidate! Torment!

I don't think any question will either, like I said ....
Henry W Jones said:
Asking is one thing, pestering and cornering them is another.

But some lunatic over the top fans not asking but hardcore hounding and pressuring them could easily sour them on Comic Cons.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Where, exactly:
Friday, July 22 11:00-12:00
Paramount: The Adventures of Tin-Tin— TBA Hall H
Then Saturday July 23, about 10 blocks north of the convention center, Cowboys & Aliens premieres at the Civic Theater. Harrison Ford on the 1100 Third Avenue red carpet at 7pm, movie at 9pm.

foreignerfred

Moedred said:
Where, exactly:

Then Saturday July 23, about 10 blocks north of the convention center, Cowboys & Aliens premieres at the Civic Theater. Harrison Ford on the 1100 Third Avenue red carpet at 7pm, movie at 9pm.

For the love of mercy, let them announce SOMETHING.

The stars (of the Indy world) are aligning!

Henry W Jones said:
But some lunatic over the top fans not asking but hardcore hounding and pressuring them could easily sour them on Comic Cons.

Who even knows what level of access they'll give...if you don't hound them for another, (like he's basically announced)you won't get one and someone else might bust his balls over Skull...

foreignerfred

Mungi said:
Nothing about Indy, but at least he announced "Jurassic Park 4".:cool:

Wow.

I guess Spielberg kept his ear to the ground, glazed right over every fan and interviewer that keeps asking about Indy 5, and focused his ears on the three guys in the back of the room humming the Jurassic Park theme song.

Don't get me wrong. I saw Jurassic Park (clawscratched)III in the theater, and I will see JP4, but...come on, man.

You know how many writers and directors would love to just jump in there and make Indy 5? I'm not even talking reboot. I'm talking INDY. FIVE.

Favreau would probably jump at the chance, Johnston, and who knows who else!

Come on, man.

Come. On.

pfft!

...JP4.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
There's no saying what might happen, fellas. Sure, the evidence might point in a certain direction today, but it might point in another direction (and has) on another day.

Enjoy the possibilities while they're still on the table.

foreignerfred

Attila the Professor said:
There's no saying what might happen, fellas. Sure, the evidence might point in a certain direction today, but it might point in another direction (and has) on another day.

Enjoy the possibilities while they're still on the table.

How much are any of really "enjoying" this limbo?

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say this. After 20 years of waiting for KOTCS, I never dreamed we'd wait even THIS long for the release of 5 , or at least concrete, official announcement!

I had hoped they had learned something. That if they wanted him to be, Indy was BACK.

EddyW

Is there a possibility that those articles are using a quote that started it's own life in a foreign language? A few days ago there were some tiny articles in Dutch newspapers saying "Harrison Ford wants Indiana Jones dead, because he's done with the character". Obviously, this can be traced back to the interview where he said he wanted Han Solo to die etc., that was released a week or so ago. But the tone of that interview and the notion of Harrison being done with the character are two completely different messages. Since we haven't seen footage of Kathleen Kennedy saying these things in person, I can imagine there is something lost in translation?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
foreignerfred said:
How much are any of really "enjoying" this limbo?

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say this. After 20 years of waiting for KOTCS, I never dreamed we'd wait even THIS long for the release of 5 , or at least concrete, official announcement!

I had hoped they had learned something. That if they wanted him to be, Indy was BACK.

What I'm saying is that before we really know whether it's conclusively not going to happen or conclusively going to happen in a given way, let's enjoy the possibilities of what it could be if it happened in whatever way we might imagine. Hunting for tidbits of news has some merit (and, surely, some of those who read the goings-on here without posting are doing so for that reason), but <I>not knowing</I> is a gift in some respects. If there still <I>might</I> be an Indy V, there's plenty of things that an Indy V <I>might</I> be.

Pale Horse

Staff member
It might work if they...

...pick up the new film on the steps of this building, right before he and Marion can have that drink...

395.jpg

Sort of like they did with Quantum of Solace. Pull a 'new' Indiana Jones into a new narrative.

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
...pick up the new film on the steps of this building, right before he and Marion can have that drink...

Sort of like they did with Quantum of Solace. Pull a 'new' Indiana Jones into a new narrative.

I'm much more happier with that idea. Set Indy back on track again, and by the time he gets to the nightmare visions of 1957, they might actually turn out to be the result of LSD administered to him by Colonel Dr Spalko, who's messing with his head in a KGB dungeon.

"So, Dr Jones, you really thought you flew in a fridge? Please, tell me more."

Mungi

Today, at Comic-Con as well, is the world premiere of "Cowboys and Aliens". All of us, every Indy fan, should go watch this movie. That's the best way to say "Hey, guys, we love to see Harrison back in action, so give us more!"