Favorite Scene In Indiana Jones 4

czdoom1975

My favorite scene is the motorcycle chase through the university. I find it to be the most entertaining and funny scene in the film.

DocWhiskey

I really love the 1st half of the film up until Indy and Mutt are taken to the Russian camp. I'm not saying I don't like the film after that or it's bad or anything, I just think the 1st half of the film is consistently better.

Morning Bell

The warehouse chase definitely gets my vote. That entire scene was classic Indy and a great way to open the film.

One shot that I've always liked takes place during the jungle chase. Right after Mutt gets caught in the vines the music suddenly kicks back in and it show's Indy's vehicle turning onto the cliff's edge with Spalko pulling up right beside him. The way it's shot and put together has a such a tense "adventure" feel to it that it love.:whip:

oki9Sedo

Morning Bell said:
The warehouse chase definitely gets my vote. That entire scene was classic Indy and a great way to open the film.

One shot that I've always liked takes place during the jungle chase. Right after Mutt gets caught in the vines the music suddenly kicks back in and it show's Indy's vehicle turning onto the cliff's edge with Spalko pulling up right beside him. The way it's shot and put together has a such a tense "adventure" feel to it that it love.:whip:

That was one of John Williams' best moments in the movie too. Right back into serious action mode.

TheLastCrusader

Tough choice between the opening scene and the Jungle Chase. There are some unfortunate flaws in the opening sequence (I didn't like the interrogation bit), but the jungle chase had the vine swinging...
I'll go with the latter.

Id have to go with the the hanger 51 escape scene, although I think the "reverse blow dart scene" in the cemetery is one of the best Indy gags out of all of the films.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Doomtown. The way it's constructed as some kind of mouse trap. How the tension slowly builds up with certain things in the background (tv) foreshadowing or announcing the forthcoming danger. (I love how Indy's stumble over the dummies seems to "activate" the countdown.)
The fact that Indy is all by himself and only by chance finds a (albeit ridiculous) way out.

Scenes with an (even more) elaborate set up like that made the previous three installments stand out.

The Man

torao said:
Doomtown. The way it's constructed as some kind of mouse trap. How the tension slowly builds up with certain things in the background (tv) foreshadowing or announcing the forthcoming danger. (I love how Indy's stumble over the dummies seems to "activate" the countdown.)
The fact that Indy is all by himself and only by chance finds a (albeit ridiculous) way out.

Scenes with an (even more) elaborate set up like that made the previous three installments stand out.

Couldn't agree more...

WrathofGod

Best scene...Indy in the warehouse, except for dropped gun going off.

Odd scene: The test dummies watching Howdy Doody.

DocWhiskey said:
I really love the 1st half of the film up until Indy and Mutt are taken to the Russian camp. I'm not saying I don't like the film after that or it's bad or anything, I just think the 1st half of the film is consistently better.

Thinking the same thing...

Best part:

Finding out Indy was a Colonel, and his whole 1947 fiasco speech...very compelling direction, too bad it was just a footnote.:dead:

DoomTown

I love the whole opening,I really liked seeing Indy getting dragged out of the trunk of that car (Interesting way to introduce Indy...)The warehouse scene was fun and a cool location to re-visit, and I loved Doomtown. I too, Rocket Surgeon, loved hearing about Indy's WW2 exploits and accomplishments...but, like you said, sad that it was just a footnote. Like I wrote on the Indycast, animated series about WW2 anyone?!?!?!:whip:

wolfgang

So, this is a pretty old thread but I wanna answer this anyway. My favorite scene is like many of you, from second one up to the mushroom cloud. Now, what I really like about the opening credits, with the teenagers and the hound Dog song is that you almost forget for a momment that you are watching an Indy movie. Its like "Nice, but where's Indy? I kow he is coming soon.....wow...when??" ....Oh well.

Dr.Jonesy

Dewy9 said:
Oh yeah, and the dart scene at the graveyard. How can you not like that?

Always thought that was awesome. The guy had an "Oh $hit" look on his face afterwards.

I always thought Spalko's monologue was awesome when Indy was in a trance. The way it was shot was great, especially the lighting.

kongisking

I can't recall, did I post on here already?

In case I didn't (too strained for time to look back through the pages), I'd say the most "Indiana Jones" scenes to me were the entirety of the prologue, from opening credits to the mushroom cloud shot, That stretch of movie was...perfect. The rest of the film, I will admit, comes nowhere near to that opening. It's just blasted brilliant!

Dr.Jonesy

kongisking said:
I can't recall, did I post on here already?

In case I didn't (too strained for time to look back through the pages), I'd say the most "Indiana Jones" scenes to me were the entirety of the prologue, from opening credits to the mushroom cloud shot, That stretch of movie was...perfect. The rest of the film, I will admit, comes nowhere near to that opening. It's just blasted brilliant!

Very well done opening half hour. Is it better than the rest of the film? To me, just a little but the whole thing is awesome save for a few things. So it's hard for me to say.

But they did reach a good level of perfection in that opening, IMO. The shadow reveal was the best choice they could've made for the build up to seeing Indy.

Spielberg is great using shadows.

I will say out of all the Indy films, this one was shot the best, IMO. So many of the shots and camera angles are framed like photographs and you can really tell that Steven got better with his shots and composing what's in them. So many good angles and such. Raiders also had this.

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
...I'd say the most "Indiana Jones" scenes to me were the entirety of the prologue, from opening credits to the mushroom cloud shot, That stretch of movie was...perfect. The rest of the film, I will admit, comes nowhere near to that opening. It's just blasted brilliant!

It was a triumphal return, from the ignoble beaten down first appearance to the most tense of cliffhangers.

After this sequence the film goes downhill faster than Pauline.

If only the entirety had been as tight as the prologue, give or take (mostly take away) a few rodents.

Toht's Arm

Dr.Jonesy said:

I always thought Spalko's monologue was awesome when Indy was in a trance. The way it was shot was great, especially the lighting.

I loved this scene also, and it felt the most like 'old school' Indy - it really evoked the mood of the first three films.

Marshall2288

It doesn't get any better than the shadow hat scene at the beginning. I also like a lot of Mutt/Indy scenes such as when Mutt tells Indy "Ya know you're pretty good in a fight. What are you like, 80?" Also when Mutt calls Indy "gramps" at the beginning of the motorcycle scene.