View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #103
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vile
Hhhmm... Arguing that the Special Edition of ANH has LESS callousness and 'gore' simply because of a nano seconds worth of change is like arguing that ANH is now much more focused on the story of Jabba the Hutt and Han Solo. However, using a bit of common sense, any such change is not reflective of the overall tone/content/movie. Neither is it evidence enough to prove that Lucas is on a quest to retro "soften" his life's work. I'd give you more credence if you were suggesting it was purely a financial exercise (which it might well be for all I know).
I'm not talking about the overall 'tone', I'm talking strictly on a technical level so you're missing my point, Vile. (By the way, the "LESS callousness" is a reference to the softened Greedo scene, not the prison block trimming.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vile
Who is changing the subject? As you seem to be someone who regularly uses smilies, I thought you'd get that my original post was done with a modicum of tongue in cheek (please see my original paragraph you quoted). I was half joking before, but yes on reflection, it would amuse me to think "disgruntled fans" would be p*issed off by it. If you are not "disgruntled", then you shouldn't have a problem with it...
I don't have a problem with it. As stated previously, I would like to own a legit copy of the re-done jeep/cliff shot.

Keep in mind, folks, that these films are not entirely George Lucas' babies. Any possible changes made for a Blu-ray release would most likely rest with Spielberg...y'know, the director.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote