Star Wars

Apparently you can see the new Episode I footage of CGI Yoda during the US leg of Star Was in Concert. If you can't get to it, check your local PBS station for The Making of Star Wars in Concert for a brief look.

The program states that it "premiered" in the US.

Lance Quazar

Ordinarily, I'm philosophically opposed to this kind of pointless revisionism, but the TPM Yoda puppet just looked like ass.

And, besides, it's "the Phantom Menace." Hardly the defacement of a sacred cultural touchstone.

RedeemedChild

Rocket Surgeon said:
Apparently you can see the new Episode I footage of CGI Yoda during the US leg of Star Was in Concert. If you can't get to it, check your local PBS station for The Making of Star Wars in Concert for a brief look.

The program states that it "premiered" in the US.

Thank you so much Rocket. I'll look into this.

Lance Quazar said:
Ordinarily, I'm philosophically opposed to this kind of pointless revisionism, but the TPM Yoda puppet just looked like ass.

And, besides, it's "the Phantom Menace." Hardly the defacement of a sacred cultural touchstone.

I hear ya, what did you think of Empire's puppet?
Amazing how things could go so wrong...

RedeemedChild

Rocket Surgeon said:

I did not mind it to much. However I liked Yoda best in Episode V: The Empire Stikes Back and even better in the Clone Wars programs.

Here's where R2 appears in Star Trek...

R2D2_Star_trek-thumb-550x348-28812.jpg

Lance Quazar

Rocket Surgeon said:

The Empire puppet looked amazing then and still looks amazing today.

Timeless. And extraordinary.

Yoda has never been used to as great effect. Not even close.

lao che & sons

hell, the empire puppet looks better than the episode 3 yoda! That puppet is timeless, and it looks completely real, he's older so he has less movement, and color has faded so he looks older.

It was an extraordinay leap in filmmaking effects(y)

so what exactly s this theard about anyways... just anything star wars? Or just the yoda puppet?

lao che & sons said:
hell, the empire puppet looks better than the episode 3 yoda! That puppet is timeless, and it looks completely real, he's older so he has less movement, and color has faded so he looks older.

It was an extraordinay leap in filmmaking effects(y)

so what exactly s this theard about anyways... just anything star wars? Or just the yoda puppet?

As the title implies, anything Star Wars...