Petition to publish Staff of Kings novelization!

Jones Disciple

I have a conspiracy. What if Lucasfilm has a good reason for canceling the novel? Could they also have a good reason for fast tracking the game? Why was the Staff of Moses cameo that was shot for KOTCS omitted after they went through all of the trouble to make it based on the one Charlton Heston had in ?The Ten Commandments?? Could it be that the artifact is on a short list for possible objects for Indy and Mutt to go after in Indiana Jones 5? If that is the case I am cool with the novel being cancelled.

It seems unlikely since they did make it the artifact for the game but after years of development that started before the 4th film was announced maybe this scaled down release was a way to break even and not overexpose the artifact to the general public. It is also believed that the game was at one point going to be further developed for a 2010 release but that this was changed so they could get it out sooner. Why? Wouldn?t it make more sense to wait and develop versions for all 3 of the significant platforms and increase profits?

There are many ways one could explain these events but I though I would share an alternate, albeit far fetched, possibility.

DocWhiskey

In all honesty that would be the only reason it would be "okay" to cancel the novel. If they were using the staff for Indy 5.

Highly doubt that's the case. A part of me hopes it is though. But 'till then, let's fight for the novel.

tocksic

DocWhiskey said:
In all honesty that would be the only reason it would be "okay" to cancel the novel. If they were using the staff for Indy 5.

Highly doubt that's the case. A part of me hopes it is though. But 'till then, let's fight for the novel.

If they would do THAT, they could have used FoA as 4th movie in the first place.

keylan

Just added myself as #453. I hope that we get an answer from someone. That would at least give some closure as to why the book was canceled.

Dewy9

I guess George's people got hold of it. Expect a knock at your door any minute and duck if you see black helicopters outside of your window.

;)

Morning Bell

We made a good effort and at least they know that consumers and Indy fans DO care about what we get (or don't get, in this case).

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
What happened??? Does anyone that knows how online petitioning works, care to tell what must have happened?

I think it's fantastic that it got that many signatures. I certainly didn't anticipate that many, 470-something.

Maybe we actually did scare Lucasfilm. Maybe there were a lot more Indyfans than they realised....

Maybe they pulled the plug just so they wouldn't have to hear about it anymore and could continue on their merry way.

dr.jones1986

Dewy9 said:
I guess George's people got hold of it. Expect a knock at your door any minute and duck if you see black helicopters outside of your window.

;)

I think you mean Tie Fighters. Seriously though, i think we have all contributed enough to Lucas's success over the years that he should release this book regardless of projected sales. A week selling paperback is a small price to pay to keep his large loyal fan base happy.

fixer79

I really hope we get an official explanation on all of this...

I would really like to know why the novel was cancelled and why the hell they pulled the plug on the petition...

Why on earth would they pull a petition? I think that's really low of them. Isn't it a freedom to express yourself to start a petition?

What's next? This thread being snuffed?

Jono11

fixer79 said:
Why on earth would they pull a petition?
They probably didn't. These online petition sites are dime-a-dozen, low-rent ad-supported programs that use bargain-bin software. Thing probably just crapped out.

Isn't it a freedom to express yourself to start a petition?
No. That only applies to the government. The private sector can shut you up all it wants, as long as it doesn't infringe upon your rights. If you're using private property, private software, private anything to say what you're saying, then that private entity can kick you to the curb. But, again, that isn't what happened here.

Dewy9

dr.jones1986 said:
I think you mean Tie Fighters. Seriously though, i think we have all contributed enough to Lucas's success over the years that he should release this book regardless of projected sales. A week selling paperback is a small price to pay to keep his large loyal fan base happy.
Honestly, I doubt George even knew a book was supposed to come out, much less cancel it. George does the movies, and that's about it. I'm guessing Lucas Books or Del Rey didn't like something and they axed it, for whatever reason.

Jono11

Dewy9 said:
Honestly, I doubt George even knew a book was supposed to come out, much less cancel it. George does the movies, and that's about it. I'm guessing Lucas Books or Del Rey didn't like something and they axed it, for whatever reason.
And he certainly didn't know anything about the petition. I'm guessing Lucas Books and Del Rey didn't either. It's not like they spend their time trawling the internet for fan opinion.

Indy's Fist

George Lucas has enough power that he could make this book get published. That is if he WANTS it to be published. I'm sensing a consipracy here!:D

Goonie

The petition site is fixed. It's at 484 signatures now. But, if this Indy 5 news has something to do with the cancellation... :whip: