The Daughter of Indy and Willie?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crack that whip

Honestly, when I first saw her in the show back in the day when it first aired, I was actually guessing she could be the daughter of Willie and Indy, but of course there's nothing to substantiate it.

Given how the series has evolved since, I doubt she is now. Even if she was intended to be at the time her appearances were shot and shown, I don't think there's any intention on Lucas/Lucasfilm's part now of her being Willie's daughter - indeed, with the removal of the bookends her whole "official" existence may be up in the air now, though I believe it's all still canon until some definitive word from Lucasfilm says otherwise.

Jack Nelligan

Crack that whip said:
Honestly, when I first saw her in the show back in the day when it first aired, I was actually guessing she could be the daughter of Willie and Indy, but of course there's nothing to substantiate it.

Given how the series has evolved since, I doubt she is now. Even if she was intended to be at the time her appearances were shot and shown, I don't think there's any intention on Lucas/Lucasfilm's part now of her being Willie's daughter - indeed, with the removal of the bookends her whole "official" existence may be up in the air now, though I believe it's all still canon until some definitive word from Lucasfilm says otherwise.

What if she is the product of Indy and Willie hooking up in Indy V? Wouldn?t that put her right about the correct age? I know Willie is older, but stranger things have happened.

arkfinder

Let me give the answer Luke gave Darth Vader in ESB when Vader told him he was his Father:

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!" :D

Hanselation

Willi got a daughter from Indy-
So in Indiana Jones 5 we will see that Willi calls Indy to search their daughter
and Mutt will be surprised, when his he recognizes that his love interest is his stepsister. :D

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Lonsome_Drifter said:
Er...They'd be half-brother and sister. That would be kinda nasty, don't you think?

I think he meant the mysterious daughter in the Old Indy bits from YIJC, not Indy and Willie's hypothetical spawn.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IndyFan89 said:
There will never be a Indy 5 for us to find out.

You're very possibly right, but it's still not out of the question. As arkfinder said recently in another thread, the writing is the longest part of the process, and while they certainly don't have a good track record on getting that part done quickly, they can step it up if they really want to make it happen.

The Drifter

Attila the Professor said:
I think he meant the mysterious daughter in the Old Indy bits from YIJC, not Indy and Willie's hypothetical spawn.

Oh, I must have misread it. My apologizes.

Indy Scout 117

arkfinder said:
Let me give the answer Luke gave Darth Vader in ESB when Vader told him he was his Father:

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!" :D
ha!! thats funny. no i think Willie was in ToD and meant to be only in ToD. she's just a part of Indy history now, and will never return...lost in the winds of time...lol.

Jack Nelligan

nitzsche said:
Could she not be Mutt's wife?

I said the same thing in another thread. She could be Mutt's wife and just call Indy Dad as some daughters-in-law do.

I think it would be good to bring back Willie and see that she is no longer the self centered brat that she was in TOD.

Stoo

Jack Nelligan said:
What if she is the product of Indy and Willie hooking up in Indy V? Wouldn?t that put her right about the correct age?
Not if it takes place after "Skull"...(anyway, this thread is completely redundant).

Robyn

Jack Nelligan said:
What if she is the product of Indy and Willie hooking up in Indy V? Wouldn’t that put her right about the correct age? I know Willie is older, but stranger things have happened.

Come on now Jack, you know that's never gonna happen! It better not! If Steven and George shatter Indy and Marion's relationship and bring Willie back I will NEVER forgive them!:gun:

Come on Stoo play along! Where do you think the daughter came from???

Actually Stoo has played this game before! It's in the Young Indy section.

Jack Nelligan

Robyn said:
Come on now Jack, you know that's never gonna happen! It better not! If Steven and George shatter Indy and Marion's relationship and bring Willie back I will NEVER forgive them!:gun:

I think it would be Indy and Marion who shatter their relationship. Both have such strong personalities that I find it hard to see how they stay together.

Robyn

Jack Nelligan said:
I think it would be Indy and Marion who shatter their relationship. Both have such strong personalities that I find it hard to see how they stay together.

Na! No way they'd break up now, after everything they've been through.

Status
Not open for further replies.