Vintage Indiana Jones commercials

indyclone25

yeah they didnt give that of dorfman hat to wear , it was a nice hat , but nothing what the gearheads wear tho

Goodeknight

Nurhachi1991 said:
So I called the number and its out of service.......... What gives? :p

I was just about to post this commercial as a new thread. Glad I did a search first.

Too bad the number's out of service. Then again, they wanted $32 a month for eight months ($256) back in 1991!! That's almost what I paid for my custom Wested!! 256 bucks was crazy money back in '91. Plus it would have been inferior materials and knockoff design.

I did buy my first Indy jacket around that time, though. Got it used for 75 bucks from a guy I was taking mail order whip lessons from. Found an ad for the lessons in the Indy fan mag. Bought an authentic Morgan from him, too. Not a bullwhip, a stockwhip. That was 75, too.

But I digress.

Great commercial, but what a ripoff!!

Stoo

goodeknight said:
Too bad the number's out of service. Then again, they wanted $32 a month for eight months ($256) back in 1991!! That's almost what I paid for my custom Wested!! 256 bucks was crazy money back in '91.
In the interview clip that I mentioned above, the Lucasfilm lisencing guy, Brad Weston, says that the retail price of the jacket will be $285 and that was in 1989!

What is funny is that the monthly installment is $32.06. Why the extra 6 cents?:confused: Anyway, yes, it's a cool commercial. I love stuff like this.:)

kevblee

Ha, I actually have this jacket. It's held up great , for being 21 years old! I still wear it, it has only shrunk just a tad...or maybe I've swelled some? It's definitely a LAST CRUSADE type jacket (color and style wise), is very heavy, but very comfy! The sizes on them run LARGE! I think I paid $275 for it back in the early 90's.

The Lone Raider

This. This is my childhood. I have a lot of fond memories of putting in the Last Crusade VHS tape and watching this before the movie played. It's such a fun commercial. They don't make enough of 'em like these anymore. Or at least it feels that way.

Anyone else remember it?

fedoraboy

This. This is my childhood. I have a lot of fond memories of putting in the Last Crusade VHS tape and watching this before the movie played. It's such a fun commercial. They don't make enough of 'em like these anymore. Or at least it feels that way.

Anyone else remember it?
It reminds me of this famous UK advert for chocolate orange - so many memories of seeing this growing up...

Didn't realise they'd done a second Indy inspired one, though...

metalinvader

Anyone else remember it?

Yup! Watching a standard def full screen version of LC never seems complete with out this commercial. Childhood right here.

I love the guys goofy "That Indiana!" While his wife almost died for a diet coke.