Lost Treasures UK magazine

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
In December Les received photographic evidence of issues up to 6...
magazine_losttreasures_5issues.JPG

Edit: it seems from the promos they promised eight and later just six issues for certain. And while the treasures weren't precisely those featured in the comics, the themes influenced the stories: Indy throwing the discus and javelin to retrieve some ancient Olympic coins, for example. Probably drawn during the 2008 Olympics in China, hence Shorty. Still perplexed by the rat though.

Last edited:

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
Oh! What could have been...pages from issue 5 and 6 - both 4 page stories.
Holy Mother of G_d...And we thought the first 2 stories were an incredible find! I'm astonished that you actually found these pages, JJ!:eek:(y)
DoomTown said:
These are great! Junior,you never cease to amaze me.
Ditto / Hear! Hear! / Quoted for truth.
Moedred said:
In December Les received photographic evidence of issues up to 6...

Edit: it seems from the promos they promised eight and later just six issues for certain. And while the treasures weren't precisely those featured in the comics, the themes influenced the stories: Indy throwing the discus and javelin to retrieve some ancient Olympic coins, for example. Probably drawn during the 2008 Olympics in China, hence Shorty. Still perplexed by the rat though.
Aaargh! This is almost as frustrating as the non-publication of the "Staff of Kings" novel. (But hats off to you & Les for the info.:hat:)
Stoo said:
Shouldn't this thread be in the Indy Literature section?:confused:
Attila the Professor said:
Eh, there's swag involved, and lots of attempts at finding involved. But I'd be happy to see a more content-based thread appear in the Literature section.
That's true, Attila, but the UK Titan Magazine (a.k.a. "The Official Indiana Jones Comic") had swag, too, and that topic is in the Literature section.

emtiem

Is that second tale set in England? That appears to be a Saxon helmet of the type found at Sutton Hoo in 1938.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Holy Mother of G_d...And we thought the first 2 stories were an incredible find! I'm astonished that you actually found these pages, JJ!:eek:(y)

For god's sake, read your e-mails!! ;)

Last edited:

Canyon

Wow! I know I don't post here that often but this is an incredible discovery!

I used to live in the UK and only just recently found out about this magazine. I came to this conclusion because I recently just completed my first Grail diary and now I am going to do some Indy journals and started researching Indy's adventures during the 1940's

JJ thank you so much for posting these comic strips! This will be a huge help to my project!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Canyon said:
Wow! I know I don't post here that often but this is an incredible discovery!

I used to live in the UK and only just recently found out about this magazine. I came to this conclusion because I recently just completed my first Grail diary and now I am going to do some Indy journals and started researching Indy's adventures during the 1940's

JJ thank you so much for posting these comic strips! This will be a huge help to my project!

Canyon, don't tell anyone but Indymag will be doing a feature on the magazine including all issues, backstory and never before seen art...so, ssshhh!

IndyLipton

Hey, guys! Does anyone have the scans of comics from issues 4-6? :whip:
I have only "Facing Death", "Skull duggery" and "Aurelius's Dagger".
Thank you in advance!

EdwardRandy

Moedred, I had to create an account to ask you this. I couldn't find Aurelius's Dagger on your LiveJournal. I know it's floating around out there since I've seen a copy translated into Russian or something.

IndyLipton

Someone posted Aurelius Dagger here in Russian or some other language I don't know.
It's my old translation :D I translated a lot of Indy comics in 2021-2023.
I found the original copy of "Aurelius's Dagger" somewhere on the internet a long time ago, but I'm not sure I still have it on my disc.
I'll try to find it though.

sand

Hello, sorry to bring up an old thread but I was wondering if there was any info on comics after issue 3 and if they have been scanned anywhere? Would love to find out more on these!