Can we get Indy around the globe ?

inky_skin

Stoo - he's being dispatched to you by Special Delivery first thing tomorrow morning. Definately worth the money ;)

Oh, and it's an Indy head on a Henry torso with Indy legs and a customised valise. Simple head swap ? Pah !

Stoo

inky_skin said:
Stoo - he's being dispatched to you by Special Delivery first thing tomorrow morning. Definately worth the money ;)
AWESOME! Indy in Malta. Should probably get it by Monday? Now the trick is to pull this off in absolute secrecy. If my girlfriend finds out she's going to think I'm a complete IDIOT!:eek:
inky_skin said:
Oh, and it's an Indy head on a Henry torso with Indy legs and a customised valise. Simple head swap ? Pah !
So in the end, the joke is on Rocket!:p:whip:

inky_skin

All,

Indy left the UK early this morning on the first leg of his global adventure. Due to his hurried departure (to meet a connecting flight from Switzerland to Malta) he failed to take any photos before he left. However, his host did sign his travel documents as a memento of his stay (included in package). Indy's itenerary is as follows:

UK (inky_skin) - DEPARTED 06-05-10
Switzerland / Malta (Stoo)
Canada (throwmetheidol)
East Coast USA: New Jersey / Princeton (Rocket Surgeon) NOTE: Must arrive in this location by 01-07-10
West Coast USA: Burbank (Lance Quazar)
West Coast USA: San Francisco (NickTurner)
West Coast USA: San Francisco / New Orleans (Le Saboteur)
Australia: Canberra (indy34)
Australia: Queensland (hemble)
???

Guys, you are all now responsible for contacting the next person on the list to determine addresses etc. I look forward to your regular posts in this thread detailing Indy's journey.

map_uk_switzerland.jpg

Last edited:
Stoo said:
So in the end, the joke is on Rocket!:p:whip:

Hey now!

Are we submitting journal entries as well?

FYI I'm heading to Baltimore the weekend of July 17th. Indy will most likely be in Princeton on campus that day. Please recommend specific points of interest, besides the obvious...classroom/library.

Looking forward to hearing what trouble the toy in the hat gets into.

Stu, will Indy be caught researching any "nocturnal activities"?:hat:

inky_skin

Rocket Surgeon said:
Are we submitting journal entries as well?

FYI I'm heading to Baltimore the weekend of July 17th. Indy will most likely be in Princeton on campus that day. Please recommend specific points of interest, besides the obvious...classroom/library.

Well, I've included a quarter-scale Grail Diary in the package - the pages are blank and it's up to you guys to fill them with signatures, quotes and observations etc (keep it kiddie-friendly please !). Updates to this thread would also be appreciated so that we can all see/read what Indy's been up to.

Is there any chance you can get a picture of Indy at Theatre Intime when you visit Princeton ? Or the Art Museum ? I've specified in his itinerary that Indy needs to reach you by July 1st.

inky_skin said:
Well, I've included a quarter-scale Grail Diary in the package - the pages are blank and it's up to you guys to fill them with signatures, quotes and observations etc (keep it kiddie-friendly please !). Updates to this thread would also be appreciated so that we can all see/read what Indy's been up to.
Perfect...
inky_skin said:
Is there any chance you can get a picture of Indy at Theatre Intime when you visit Princeton ?
I don't see why not, I may have to manufature "rolling eye'' stickers if he's to pose infront of a "Refer Madness" poster!
inky_skin said:
I've specified in his itinerary that Indy needs to reach you by July 1st.
Hopefully that gives us some time to get to NYC as well, (have to find a nice historic district).

Pale Horse

Staff member
Did Indy ever do So. Ca?

My annual passes to the mouse house expired, though we want to renew them before year end. Depending on the route taken 'round the globe, he might be able to visit the Temple of the Forbidden Eye....

But at $72.00 just to walk through the turnstiles, $216 for a family of 3, it might be a bit of a stretch if he's in CA before July....

There are other places in CA though we could possibly go. Queen Mary, San Diego Wild Animal Park, Mann's Chinese Theater, La Brea Tar Pits... :p

inky_skin

Pale Horse said:
My annual passes to the mouse house expired, though we want to renew them before year end. Depending on the route taken 'round the globe, he might be able to visit the Temple of the Forbidden Eye....

There are other places in CA though we could possibly go. Queen Mary, San Diego Wild Animal Park, Mann's Chinese Theater, La Brea Tar Pits... :p

Consider yourself added to Indy's itinerary Pale Horse. The Queen Mary would be neat due to its association with the Indy Summit.

Canada (throwmetheidol)
East Coast USA: New Jersey / Princeton (Rocket Surgeon) NOTE: Must arrive in this location by 01-07-10
West Coast USA: Burbank (Lance Quazar)
NEW! West Coast USA: LA / SoCal (Pale Horse)
West Coast USA: San Francisco (NickTurner)
West Coast USA: San Francisco / New Orleans (Le Saboteur)
Australia: Canberra (indy34)
Australia: Queensland (hemble)
???

Stoo

inky_skin said:
Indy left the UK early this morning on the first leg of his global adventure. Due to his hurried departure (to meet a connecting flight from Switzerland to Malta) he failed to take any photos before he left. However, his host did sign his travel documents as a memento of his stay (included in package). Indy's itenerary is as follows:

Canada (throwmetheidol)

Guys, you are all now responsible for contacting the next person on the list to determine addresses etc. I look forward to your regular posts in this thread detailing Indy's journey.
Re: Turkey. Were your friends going to visit or do they live there? Is Turkey off the itinerary? I still have Les/throwmetheidol's mailing address from when I sent him a gift, so we're good to go if Indy is off to the great Dominion of Canada next.:) Can't wait to see the mini diary. You're a true Idea Man, inky!:hat:
Rocket Surgeon said:
Isn't that a song by Crowded House?;)
Rocket Surgeon said:
Stu, will Indy be caught researching any "nocturnal activities"?
Not if the entries are meant to be "kiddie-friendly"! I'll keep you abreast of the situation should it pop up.:eek:

@Pale Horse: The Tar Pits would be a nice addition. Get a shot of Indy and a woolly mammoth!

inky_skin

Stoo said:
Re: Turkey. Were your friends going to visit or do they live there? Is Turkey off the itinerary?

Yeah, it was either Switzerland/Malta with you, or Turkey with them. No worries though, there will be other opportunities.

I just hope the mailmen of the world do their job...

Stoo

Excluding the mammoth, the others were intentional!:whip:
inky_skin said:
I just hope the mailmen of the world do their job...
Fingers crossed. The Swiss Post is pretty efficient (like everything else here) so nothing to worry about for that leg of the journey.

The one who we can't really trust is Lance!:p (Just joshin'!)

Lance Quazar

No, it's true. You can't trust me.

But Burbank? WTF? I don't live in Burbank!!!!

I live in Culver F'ing City!!

inky_skin

Lance Quazar said:
No, it's true. You can't trust me.

But Burbank? WTF? I don't live in Burbank!!!!

I live in Culver F'ing City!!

A thousand apologies Lance - Christ, it's not like I don't write your address often enough. Your location has been hurridly amended. Um, is there actually anything worth seeing in Culver City ;) (apart from the F'ing) ?

Stoo

Lance Quazar said:
That's part of what made the Kenobi version so much fun - it was a unique figure. There was no way to "fake" his travels. We all knew it was the same one. The same one, sadly, which is now resting beneath the desert sands of North Africa...wiped clean by the wrath of God.
Lance, how successful was this? How many times did he change hands before he was "wiped clean by the Wrath of G_d"?:eek: From where to where to he travel and how long did it take?

Johnny Cash - I've Been Everywhere

No offense to Inky but shouldn't this thread be in "Fanwork and Activities" or "Globetrotting" sections?

Lance Quazar

I think he probably made around 6-7 stops.

I will find the thread and link to it.

If nothing else, this thread has given me the nudge I need to post those final photos that I never actually put up from two years ago.

inky_skin

Stoo said:
No offense to Inky but shouldn't this thread be in "Fanwork and Activities" or "Globetrotting" sections?

I'm happy for it to be moved (Pale Horse ?). To be honest as we were discussing a Hasbro figure I defaulted to the Collecting thread. However, either of your suggestions would be more suitable.

Le Saboteur

inky_skin said:
Um, is there actually anything worth seeing in Culver City ;) (apart from the F'ing) ?

Well, the Museum of Jurassic Technology is rather awesome. It's not well known, however, and the Masonic Hall down the street may confuse people.