Indy 4 might be linked with Indy 2- just a guess.

-INDY-

First off I would like to say that i have no authentic reason to believe this is so and this info is not from any source.

Near nepal there is a mountain called kailasa. It's a mountain sacred to four religions, janism, buddhism, hinduism, and the bon religion. In sanskrit kailasa means 'crystal.' The hindu's believe that the god Shiva resides there forever, and it's the centre of the world. The Jains believe that the founder of their religion found nirvana there. The Bon believe that the mountain is the source of all spiritual power. I don't remember what buddhists believe.

And there is a picture of Indy in a cave. Part 4 does have a link to Indy 1- that can be guessed by Karren Allen returning and the crate picture. Maybe they are connecting part 4 to all other parts too.

Again this is just a guess, I mean 4 religions have connection to this mountain. But again the movie is set in south america, not Nepal or India. But Russia is close to the mountain though.

Last edited:

Shemp

Interesting discovery. Yet, it's probably just an odd coincidence. George and Steven were never satified with the darkness of Temple of Doom, so I doubt that they'll be revisiting anything related to it, besides a possible cameo by Short Round and Willie, which I would LOVE (y)!

MattJones

I think that history is RICH enough to have multiple Indy sequels come out in the coming years. Should Harrison, Steven, and George choose to, I'm sure there'd be no lack of support by the fans and audiences. :hat:

cdatkins

Shemp said:
Interesting discovery. Yet, it's probably just an odd coincidence. George and Steven were never satified with the darkness of Temple of Doom, so I doubt that they'll be revisiting anything related to it, besides a possible cameo by Short Round and Willie, which I would LOVE (y)!

I think Lucas is still very happy with Doom...Spielberg's the one who now has problems with the tone of that film.

No Ticket

MattJones said:
I think that history is RICH enough to have multiple Indy sequels come out in the coming years. Should Harrison, Steven, and George choose to, I'm sure there'd be no lack of support by the fans and audiences. :hat:

People... you keep letting it slip your minds that George has said himself that he pretty much couldn't come up with another Mcguffin after LC until he thought of this and this is the only thing he could come up with that was worthwhile. I don't think you'll be seeing anymore Indy films mainly due to the fact that Lucas isn't going to be able to come up with another good one AND get all three of them (Spielberg, Ford and Lucas) to agree on yet another idea/script etc.

This is the last Indiana Jones.

-INDY-

I'm just saying that they might link it to all the parts. As far as the mountain is concerned it is off limits to people of other than these religions, and no one knows what lies up there. It's been kept a secret or something. There is a picture of the mountain though.

Maybe the only link to temple is that it's also made in india. It has a history of four religions, and the mountain is close to Russia.

But most probably this won't be the story.

tnswman

I think that we will see Indy continue in animated form possibly in 2009....I do not see Lucasfilm letting this die down....Who knows.. we may see a live action Indy T.V. Series set in the modern times with Indy's relative....much like National Treasure.....Anything can happen with Lucas... I do think that a animated series is going to be a given though and would probably be VERY good.

oki9Sedo

cdatkins said:
I think Lucas is still very happy with Doom...Spielberg's the one who now has problems with the tone of that film.

I don't get why he has a problem with the tone.....its more upbeat in tone than Raiders. There's more slapstick comedy, a more playful score by John Williams (Short Round's theme, Willie's theme), and it has a totally happy ending (all the kids arrive back home, alive and healthy and laughing). For goodness sake, Indy himself is even in a friendlier mood throughout than he is in Raiders, where he's fairly grumpy.

As for the story, the story is slightly darker, but not much. Nazis taking over the world, killing the world's Jews and setting up an Aryan Race is pretty dark too.

SterankoII

I agree. Raiders ends on kind of a down note. TOD had a much happier ending. I think Spielberg is more sensitive to criticism than Lucas. As Spielberg said in the DVD Music featurette: "It was what George wanted. Sort of 'Indiana Jones goes to Hell', and lives to fight another day, and John saw it and reacted accordingly." Every hero has to take the journey into the dark underworld. Like Odysseus, Hercules, Orpheus, Beowulf, etc.

oki9Sedo

SterankoII said:
I agree. Raiders ends on kind of a down note. TOD had a much happier ending. I think Spielberg is more sensitive to criticism than Lucas. As Spielberg said in the DVD Music featurette: "It was what George wanted. Sort of 'Indiana Jones goes to Hell', and lives to fight another day, and John saw it and reacted accordingly." Every hero has to take the journey into the dark underworld. Like Odysseus, Hercules, Orpheus, Beowulf, etc.

Absolutely. But although its set primarily in a dark, subterranean world, its got alot of humour and fun.

You'd swear Indy is a paedophile or develops a brain tumour or something in it, the way people go on about it being so dark.

LaoCheRules!

The only tie-in I could see is the explanation of why the Dovchenko action figure has that head with the blood in it Indy is forced to drink from in ToD. Unless it isn't even in the movie.