No more Indiana Jones from George Lucas.

Archaeos

Despite my urge to validly engage with a few points put forward after my last post here, and connect this with assessing Indy IV there, I too see that this thread is as dead as a nuked gopher.

At least Mickiana got a free (and rare) t-shirt at the beginning of it.

:cool:

Last edited:

Montana Smith

"Uncle George! I finally finished that script for Indy 5 you were waiting for!"

winnie-the-pooh-gopher1.jpg

Mickiana

RaiderMitch said:
From Lucasfilm PR today:

Hi Mitch - The letter should not serve as confirmation that Mr. Lucas will not be making future Indiana Jones films.

Unfortunately, as it turns out, it was a pretty good indication. Given the recent news of the Disney acquisition, the adamant news I received was correct after all. Now all I have to do is write to Disney, which I shall now do.:gun:

Mickiana

I have now sent off my request for Disney to consider further Indiana Jones movies via contact@paramountstudios.com (I am hoping if this is not the right place they might forward it to the most appropriate). And I'm not expecting another free t shirt this time, not that I was the last time from Lucasfilm. As to that, I think I will be lucky to get a reply. But I have to try....

IndianaBones

Bringing this thread up for nostalgia sake, but I truly do wonder what a final Indiana Jones movie would’ve been about if George and Steven would’ve stayed on board for this one. Aliens would be out, no doubt. I don’t believe we would’ve gotten a flashback like the leaks show. I would loved to hear what George would have in mind for a 1960s Indiana Jones.

IndyForever

Bringing this thread up for nostalgia sake, but I truly do wonder what a final Indiana Jones movie would’ve been about if George and Steven would’ve stayed on board for this one. Aliens would be out, no doubt. I don’t believe we would’ve gotten a flashback like the leaks show. I would loved to hear what George would have in mind for a 1960s Indiana Jones.
Spielberg & Lucas for sure were involved in this new movie just not officially....SS would have seen the script & GL would have given him some input for sure!

fedoraboy

This film would never have gotten made! George had zero ideas for this film, I guarantee it. They're just not really interested in Indy anymore. They would have half-heartedly procrastinated about a macguffin until the end of time. Regardless of what we end up thinking about Indy 5 - if it wasn't for Mangold this film would never have happened.

IndianaBones

This film would never have gotten made! George had zero ideas for this film, I guarantee it. They're just not really interested in Indy anymore. They would have half-heartedly procrastinated about a macguffin until the end of time. Regardless of what we end up thinking about Indy 5 - if it wasn't for Mangold this film would never have happened.
I’m gonna be honest. I would have rather gotten Indiana Jones movies than the prequels that we got in the early 2000s

Nerdpants

I think not having George Lucas's involved may cause the film makers to copy the OT rather than come up with brand new ideas.

Whilst Lucas did some damage to the Indy brand with Crystal Skull.. you have to agreed he is a man that is constantly looking at coming up with things the audience have not seen before.

Raiders90

I think not having George Lucas's involved may cause the film makers to copy the OT rather than come up with brand new ideas.

Whilst Lucas did some damage to the Indy brand with Crystal Skull.. you have to agreed he is a man that is constantly looking at coming up with things the audience have not seen before.

You will accept the new film, you will absolutely love it, you will not question its originality or anything about it. That, or be labeled a sexist / racist / misogynist / Nazi sympathizer and the mods of this very board will call you a complainer and basically tell you to STFU.

IndianaBones

George is a visionary wether people like it or not. That’s why his ideas stand out in pop culture. You can call him corny but only someone like George can make a world with fighting teddy bears, a guy in a suit with asthma problems, a walking carpet, a family with issues that are usually dealt with laser sword fights, and a Nazi fighting archaloegist believable. But his ideas are best dealt with someone who can execute well & or combat them with their own great ideas. Like Steven. But Stevens heart wasn’t fully there for crystal skull, so we didn’t get that magic we did on the first 3. Had crystal skull been made in the 80s it would’ve been a hell of a lot better since it probably wouldn’t have been executed by todays Spielberg. Not only that but it probably would’ve been different. Indy works best when both Steven and George bring out the best of each other but George and cgi won the most for Crystal Skull. However, aliens, communists, and half the movie is based in America? Gotta give props that George is doing what he always does which isnt not through the lense of nostalgia. It’s different for us because we’re not the creator. George is. And to get things as iconic as Star Wars, and Indiana Jones you have to push new ideas that break the norm. That doesn’t mean it’s always done well anyway.
So where do we go now without George? Does it mean it will suck? No. That’s like saying we can’t get great screwball comedies because Preston Sturges is dead. But look how great of a movie the Coen brothers made with Hudsucker Proxy which was an homage to Preston Sturges movies but a completely my original idea. And it felt very Preston Sturges! It’s absolutely possible that the movie we get for Indy 5 is fantastic. I just hope that James doesn’t forget that this is the same franchise where the hat always stays on the hero’s head. If he does his research well and put himself through the same vision and LENSE of George & Steven of why Indy movies were made and what they were an homage to, were in good hands. I just personally don’t want to see “Logan” Jones like a lot of people expect. I doubt James wants to repeat Logan. But seeing the leaks definitely have me interested. It seems as though we’re going back to Nazis, presumably neo Nazis this time. As for the 1960s that could work well. But I’ll always wonder if James vision couldve match something similar to whatever the hell George would’ve come up with for a 5th Indy movie. If time travel is the case that definitely sounds campy and very George Lucas. But what matters is if it is done well and the source material is respected.