Customizing Indy Figures

The Golden Idol

The Golden Idol said:
Thanks for the pic. Can the KOTCS Indy sit on the horse?

Also, if you own a Pitfall Indy, can you please post a pic of Horse Indy wearing the Pitfall Indy jacket? I want to see how well the jacket arms of the Horse Indy match up with the jacket body of Pitfall Indy.

Dr. Beezer, or anyone else, can you answer this?

The Golden Idol

DrJones35 said:
no only indy with the horse can ride it, the other's legs aren't wide enough

Oh, OK. The reason I'm asking is because I want to customize one perfect Raiders Indy figure. I don't want several Indy figures, I want to make one that can do it all (look good, ride the horse, etc.). I already have the perfect upper body for a jacket Indy which I got from a Pitfall Indy, and all I need are some good articulated legs so that he can ride the horse and sit in the Cargo Truck and the arms for the gloved hands.

In person, does the Horse Indy look good with such a wide stance or does he just look ridiculous when standing up?

Also, can someone post a pic of Horse Indy wearing the Pitfall Indy jacket? I want to see how well the jacket arms of the Horse Indy match up with the jacket body of Pitfall Indy.

The Golden Idol

The Golden Idol said:
Oh, OK. The reason I'm asking is because I want to customize one perfect Raiders Indy figure. I don't want several Indy figures, I want to make one that can do it all (look good, ride the horse, etc.). I already have the perfect upper body for a jacket Indy which I got from a Pitfall Indy, and all I need are some good articulated legs so that he can ride the horse and sit in the Cargo Truck and the arms for the gloved hands.

In person, does the Horse Indy look good with such a wide stance or does he just look ridiculous when standing up?

Also, can someone post a pic of Horse Indy wearing the Pitfall Indy jacket? I want to see how well the jacket arms of the Horse Indy match up with the jacket body of Pitfall Indy.

Anyone? :confused:

im looking forward to picking up an extra Gen Vogel and reworking a Star Wars Admiral Ozzel head to make an at least actor accurate Hitler figure:)

The Golden Idol

The Golden Idol said:

Can someone answer these questions?

The_Raiders

I picked up the pitfall Indy last night, it's acually a VERY nice ROTLA figure! No short neck or anything, and the bag coneccted to the jacket and the strap sculpted to the torso is alittle disapointing but I don't reallly mind. I think what I'm going to do is pop the torso off the legs (which I did once just to see if I could) and put it on my basic ROTLA Indys's legs. I have the KOTCS Indy but I want him to remain the same and I don't want to buy another just to do a head swap. I really love the sculpt on the pitfall Indy, JUST LIKE YOUNG HARRISON! I also love the texture of the hat, it looks and somewhat feels like real wool/felt.I'll let everyone know what I end up doing with him, I don't have a camera right now for pics though :( .

The Golden Idol

The_Raiders said:
I picked up the pitfall Indy last night, it's acually a VERY nice ROTLA figure! No short neck or anything, and the bag coneccted to the jacket and the strap sculpted to the torso is alittle disapointing but I don't reallly mind. I think what I'm going to do is pop the torso off the legs (which I did once just to see if I could) and put it on my basic ROTLA Indys's legs. I have the KOTCS Indy but I want him to remain the same and I don't want to buy another just to do a head swap. I really love the sculpt on the pitfall Indy, JUST LIKE YOUNG HARRISON! I also love the texture of the hat, it looks and somewhat feels like real wool/felt.I'll let everyone know what I end up doing with him, I don't have a camera right now for pics though :( .

That is EXACTLY what I want to do with my Pitfall Indy; I want to keep the head and body but I want different legs. I think I'll probably add Horse Indy's legs, because I want my custom Indy figure to be able to ride the horse. Do the Horse Indy's legs look good in person, or are they just ridiculously wide when Horse Indy is standing by himself (I've seen the pics, but I want to know what you think of the figure's leg stance in person)

I may also want to add Horse Indy's arms to my custom figure for the gloved hands. Can someone post a pic of Horse Indy wearing the Pitfall Indy jacket? I want to see how well the jacket arms of the Horse Indy match up with the jacket body of Pitfall Indy.

I've been asking these questions for a while now, and I'd appreciate it if someone answered.

The_Raiders

I don't have the horse Indy, I have seen it at the store and I do like it, it's next on my list. But you should be able to just pop the torso off the legs, I can do that with my pitfall Indy but when I tried before on my ROTLA Indy it was harder. But I'm gonna try again. The arms will look fine, I have obsereved alot of the Indy figures and have noticeed alll the ones with jackets have the same upper arm sculpt so all you need to do is pop the forearms out and replace them. Good luck :hat:

edit: I recomend when popping the torso off the legs remove the head as your hand might pop it off the ball joint and it could get lost (happened to me with a star wars figure) and romove the jacket too, it will make it easyer. Then just grab the legs with one hand, grab the torso with the other and just pull, pull upwords though becasue if you pull sideways it could snap the peg the torso is mounted on, that has happed to me with SW ones and with 12 inch figure heads.

Last edited:

The Golden Idol

The_Raiders said:
I don't have the horse Indy, I have seen it at the store and I do like it, it's next on my list. But you should be able to just pop the torso off the legs, I can do that with my pitfall Indy but when I tried before on my ROTLA Indy it was harder. But I'm gonna try again. The arms will look fine, I have obsereved alot of the Indy figures and have noticeed alll the ones with jackets have the same upper arm sculpt so all you need to do is pop the forearms out and replace them. Good luck :hat:

edit: I recomend when popping the torso off the legs remove the head as your hand might pop it off the ball joint and it could get lost (happened to me with a star wars figure) and romove the jacket too, it will make it easyer. Then just grab the legs with one hand, grab the torso with the other and just pull, pull upwords though becasue if you pull sideways it could snap the peg the torso is mounted on, that has happed to me with SW ones and with 12 inch figure heads.

I have a question: If you pop off the Pitfall Indy legs, how do you attach the Horse Indy legs to the Pitfall Indy torso? Do you just press them in?

Lambonius

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I was wondering if there are any tricks to getting the arms off of one of the Raiders Indy figures (Indy w/idol.) I'd like to get the jacket part off so that I can slip the bag (which came outside of the jacket) underneath it, but I can't for the life of me get the arms off in order to do so. I don't want to resort to pliers because I don't want to make any marks on the plastic, but I can't seem to get them off by hand. Any tips?

Errex

Lambonius said:
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I was wondering if there are any tricks to getting the arms off of one of the Raiders Indy figures (Indy w/idol.) I'd like to get the jacket part off so that I can slip the bag (which came outside of the jacket) underneath it, but I can't for the life of me get the arms off in order to do so. I don't want to resort to pliers because I don't want to make any marks on the plastic, but I can't seem to get them off by hand. Any tips?

Lambonius, you do not need to take off the arms. The "vest" piece can be taken off by pulling back the arms and slide one shoulder out of the jacket, then bend the elbow of that arm and slide the rest off. (y)

mutt willams

The Golden Idol said:
Very nice! That's what I'm planning to do, except I'll swap the KOTCS jacket for the Pitfall jacket, since the Pitfall jacket has a nice dusty/weathered look.

i didnt know indy had a lazy eye... anyways nice customs man!!!!(y)

whoops qouted the wrong guy.....

The Golden Idol

Does the color of the "vest" portion of Pitfall Indy's jacket match with the color of Horse Indy's or KOTCS Indy's jacket sleeves? Please reply.

Snakes

The Golden Idol said:
Does the color of the "vest" portion of Pitfall Indy's jacket match with the color of Horse Indy's or KOTCS Indy's jacket sleeves? Please reply.

I'm afraid not, at least not on mine. It does match perfectly with the basic Indy figure w/idol however.

The Golden Idol

Snakes said:
I'm afraid not, at least not on mine. It does match perfectly with the basic Indy figure w/idol however.

Dang! I have a Pitfall Indy and I am going to buy a Horse Indy for the legs and horse, but it turns out I'll have to get a basic Indy just for the sleeves of my custom Indy figure! I want to use the Pitfall Indy's dusty jacket, so I'll have to get an Indy figure that has matching sleeves for my custom.

iLUVINDY

im waiting for my Col.Vogel to get here from HASBRO, but i was wondering if his arm band is black or red, because the pic from Hasbro's Shop shows it red, but the packaging has it black??? I wanted to paint it red, what kind of paint should I use and where can i buy it??? or i was thinking of making the NAZI red arm bands from red cloth and putting a small white circle with the Nazi symbol on it and wrap it around the arm of all the german soldiers(Nice Quality), what should I do??? Paint them or make them out of cloth???:confused:

The Golden Idol

iLUVINDY said:
im waiting for my Col.Vogel to get here from HASBRO, but i was wondering if his arm band is black or red, because the pic from Hasbro's Shop shows it red, but the packaging has it black??? I wanted to paint it red, what kind of paint should I use and where can i buy it??? or i was thinking of making the NAZI red arm bands from red cloth and putting a small white circle with the Nazi symbol on it and wrap it around the arm of all the german soldiers(Nice Quality), what should I do??? Paint them or make them out of cloth???:confused:

Vogel comes with a black armband.

Lambonius

Errex said:
Lambonius, you do not need to take off the arms. The "vest" piece can be taken off by pulling back the arms and slide one shoulder out of the jacket, then bend the elbow of that arm and slide the rest off. (y)

Thanks, Errex, that did the trick! Not sure why I didn't think to try that in the first place but oh well. :hat:

iLUVINDY

Does anybody know what kind of paint (also where i can buy it) I could use to paint a red arm band on the Col. Vogel Figure???