Adventurebilt Indy IV Update?

Adventurer73

I have sent multiple e-mails since July and I have not received any responses. I'm starting to get worried. I ordered in March 2008.

eazybox

Adventurer73 said:
I have sent multiple e-mails since July and I have not received any responses. I'm starting to get worried. I ordered in March 2008.

Your concern is understandable but, I think, based on others who have waited 2 years, it is still too early to start worrying. You should be able to get at least some information about what is going on with the order, though. I would try telephoning.

I ordered my AB in June of '07 and received it in May of '08, and Steve always answered my emails right away. I think he just got snowed under with orders when the general public learned he was the hatmaker for INDY 4, and he waited too long to raise his price. $250.00 for a hat of the quality he makes is almost unheard of today.

Jack

WrathofGod

I got an email from Steve!!(y)
He said he has got my new address details and is putting it with my hat order, so...he's thinking about my hat:hat:

IndyAJA77

That's good news. I confess that I try not to think about it, because it depresses me when I do. I'm just about at the 2 1/2 year mark. I know it will be worth the wait when it comes, but until then...

penman hats

WrathofGod said:
The man should state on his website that it will take more than a few months, it will take a few years.

The hats that people are waiting for all hit in a short period of time. Way before he increased his price. If you order now it will not take that long as he works any new orders on his day off. he doesn't get to many new orders.

WrathofGod

penman hats said:
The hats that people are waiting for all hit in a short period of time. Way before he increased his price. If you order now it will not take that long as he works any new orders on his day off. he doesn't get to many new orders.

Are you saying people that ordered their hat recently are getting priority over people that have been waiting years?:eek:

penman hats

Steve works 6 days a week ( 14-16 hours days) on orders that hit around the time of Indy 4 and some time after. He finally increased his prices to cut down the wave of orders. Go take a look.

http://adventurebilthats.com/orderPrice.asp

The 650 for his pure beaver are 6 week time frame and his 300 for his pure rabbit hats are 4-8 weeks time frame. He doesn't get many orders for these but when he does he works these hat on his day off.

I don't see why he can't do what he wants on his day off. Lets give the guy a break shall we.

IndyAJA77

WrathofGod said:
It's been about 19 months now since i ordered my hat from adventurebuilt, has anyone else waited longer than that or has anyone got a response from adventure built when enquiring about an ETA on their hat build?:confused:

For what it's worth, I've been waiting for 29 months (I ordered in Oct. of 2007).

IndyAJA77

What's the latest update? Next month (Oct. 2010) it will be three years for me.
I was just wondering if anyone knows where Steve is with orders these days.

IndyAJA77

lguerra said:
Wow that answered my Question, i was about see what the wait times were that is to long.

Tell me about it. I actually went out and bought another one elsewhere several years ago because I wanted a hat to wear and I didn't know how long I'd be waiting.

lguerra

IndyAJA77 said:
Tell me about it. I actually went out and bought another one elsewhere several years ago because I wanted a hat to wear and I didn't know how long I'd be waiting.

Yea me too, i was going to get one before the movie came out and they were only like $250 , but the wait time was 9 months and at the time for me i was getting it for Christmas, so i went with the FED deluxe,it came in little over week and its been a great hat, but now its time for a new hat, i think after the holidays i am going to get one from Penman.(y)