View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #80
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
I do. Though you got this bass-ackwards. It was the series that came first.

And I see nothing "sad" with Mr. Nielsen being remembered the way he is. It's exactly why he was and will be loved. As the sentiment dating back to Shakespearean days claims: "Drama is hard. Yet comedy is harder." And Leslie Nielsen, he was a master.

From Esquire's 2008 "What I've Learned" interview with Nielsen:

Quote:
People ask me, "What would you like to be remembered by?" It really doesn't make any difference. I've done Airplane!, three Naked Guns, Wrongfully Accused, and Dracula: Dead and Loving It. The way I look at it, I've built my own little pyramid and it's gonna be around for as long as people have eyes to see.

And from the Times:

Quote:
In a 1988 interview with The New York Times, Leslie Nielsen discussed his career-rejuvenating transition to comedy, a development that he had recently described as too good to be true.

Its been dawning on me slowly that for the past 35 years I have been cast against type, he said, and Im finally getting to do what I really wanted to do.

Apparently he did a one-man show as Clarence Darrow in the 1990s, the same one Henry Fonda did back in the 1970s. I hadn't known that.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote