Indiana Jones 4-7?

NileQT87

in all honesty, if harrison did a new indy trilogy (pending on how well this one does), it would be the best possible career move for him. i mean, what else does he have to look forward to?

as for the crack at buffy and angel... imo, angel was the superior show (outside of the first 3 seasons of buffy--which, coincidently, had angel). though, even the weaker episodes (however, the track record was pretty excellent--there's only one or two episodes of season 4 buffy that i consider bad--and none from angel. most of the average fillers are better than some of the best episodes on other shows). yes, spin-offs are generally failures, but sometimes the spin-off can be superior. if anything, the 5 seasons of angel had more in common with the first 3 seasons of buffy than the last 4 seasons of buffy did. but there's no season that is truly bad.

but the point does remain. a so-so episode or so-so sequel doesn't make an excellent episode of a film or tv series to be crap.

for example, i hate the star wars prequels pretty vehemently, but i completely adore the unaltered original trilogy to pieces. i could care less about the prequels and i don't really think of them when i refer to star wars.

No Ticket said:
I think it's a stupid idea. Mutt Ravenwood is a dumb name for a title. Although they may not call it that. Still. I really don't want a spin-off Indiana Jones series. To me it isn't Indiana Jones if Indiana Jones isn't there. I don't care how good Shia's role is, and I'm actually expecting him to do well, I don't want to see him in his own IJ side story movie.

I don't really like the Young Indy television series much either. And in addition, I don't really think replacing Ford with someone else as Indy will work either. Ford defines the character, his charm and wit and all that other stuff IS Indiana Jones... nobody can BE ford so no one else can really BE Indiana Jones. They can try but no one will ever truly accept such a replacement.

And I'm pretty sure if they did make spin-offs, Spielberg would not direct... maybe be involved but no direct.

... no no no ...

the only way to carry on the Indy franchise in theaters is with more movies of INDIANA JONES and not some dumb spin off of a character like it was a popular television series. Most spin-offs in TV don't work either you know.

HOWEVER :)

I do think an animated television series is a cool idea. I would actually rather see it in 2D animation style than 3D but whatever. In that instance, you can draw a version of Indy that looks like Harrison Ford... the budget will be big enough for whatever crazy stunts, locales, etc. you want and if animated well... it could look really beautiful.

That's actually an exciting notion to think about.

I understand that it wouldn't be a good "Indiana Jones film" without Indy. But was Frasier just Cheers without Sam and Diane? That's what I am saying if it was supposed to be the same thing as the Indy movies there'd be no reason to do it really. It'd be different. I mean some people probably said The Godfather Part II would be horrible because Marlan Brando wasn't in it.

Again I am not for the idea so much as I am not opposed to it. I am going to wait and see what Shia's character is like.

NileQT87

somehow, i wouldn't be surprised if his real name turned out to be henry jones III or something. it would be hilarious. it would almost be cruel for marion to do that to indy and the son, though henry, sr. would probably love it.

if this was a trilogy, perhaps if this one succeeds well, sean might be coaxed back for a cameo in V or VI.

Fish1941 said:
They want to focus future Dr. Jones adventures around Shia LaBeouf? :rolleyes:

I think and I have initimate knowledge, but if Shia's character is well recieved they will make a series based around him. Again I have no knowledge of that but just sorta figure that'd be th eroute they'd take.

Vendetta08

NileQT87-Solo_Baggins said:
somehow, i wouldn't be surprised if his real name turned out to be henry jones III or something. it would be hilarious. it would almost be cruel for marion to do that to indy and the son, though henry, sr. would probably love it.

if this was a trilogy, perhaps if this one succeeds well, sean might be coaxed back for a cameo in V or VI.

Don't know how much truth this is but I believe I read somewhere that there will be a scene between Indy and Shia where something is revealed between the two. Now if Shia's name is Henry Jones, Indy will know it's his son from the get-go.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
More like Indiana Ravenwood, *snigger*. I mean come on, does Marion really know Indy's real name? We'd assume so, but i haven't seen any evidence suggesting as such.

Finn

Staff member
Violet Indy said:
More like Indiana Ravenwood, *snigger*. I mean come on, does Marion really know Indy's real name? We'd assume so, but i haven't seen any evidence suggesting as such.
True. We have no idea does any of his female sidekicks know about it. I mean, it's even likely they don't, since Sallah had no clue either before Henry told him. Only Indy girl to imply that she knows the truth behind Indy's professional name was Sophia Hapgood.

<small>Yeah, in my book, she's equally up there with the movie babes, but then again, that's just me.</small>

NileQT87

is nobody else thinking about that spoiler with the gigantic spiraling staircase that collapses...? best and most indy rumor yet!

Last edited by a moderator:

Niteshade007

Finn said:
True. We have no idea does any of his female sidekicks know about it. I mean, it's even likely they don't, since Sallah had no clue either before Henry told him. Only Indy girl to imply that she knows the truth behind Indy's professional name was Sophia Hapgood.

<small>Yeah, in my book, she's equally up there with the movie babes, but then again, that's just me.</small>

True, but you have to consider the fact that Marion was in a serious relationship with the man, and keeping you real name from someone you love would just be a bit odd. Also, Marion's father taught Indy. Now, I'm sure, but I think that Indy just called himself "Indiana," not that he had his actual name changed to Indiana. As a teacher, he would be able to see that his name was in fact Henry Jones Jr, information that he might have shared with his daughter.

I do hope though that Shia isn't Henry Jones/Ravenwood III. I don't know, it seems so unoriginal.

Finn

Staff member
Niteshade007 said:
True, but you have to consider the fact that Marion was in a serious relationship with the man, and keeping you real name from someone you love would just be a bit odd. Also, Marion's father taught Indy. Now, I'm sure, but I think that Indy just called himself "Indiana," not that he had his actual name changed to Indiana. As a teacher, he would be able to see that his name was in fact Henry Jones Jr, information that he might have shared with his daughter.
I was actually about to add that, but for some reason didn't. You're right, Marion is likely to know Indy's real name (if not the real story behind it).

And oh yeah, people... this comes a little late, but did it light up to any of you that we're in spoiler-FREE section of the board? So please, do not discuss any rumors that contain possible plot points here, and if you have an article to post that contains some, DO NOT QUOTE IT ALL HERE! I've obviously skipped it on my previous readthroghs, but better late than never. Watch it, please.

Shortie

More films, for real?

We haven't seen the Indy line at retail yet, and already interest is focussing beyond your initial offerings - specifically on vehicles. The 'Last Crusade Tank' and 'Raider's Flying Wing' - are these something you've considered producing? (TPU.co.uk, 04/04/08)

We are indeed considering the Flying Wing for the vehicle line and are looking at whether it can be done in our $19.99 assortment (if we did it, it would be in '09 at the earliest). However, the Tank is just too big to do in our $19.99 vehicle line. As we don't have another, higher priced assortment in the IJ line, this one will have to be a "wait and see" based on the response to the IJ line, and possibly tied to future movies if we can't get it done for this one. The entire IJ line will have a shelf-date of 5/1.

I wonder if Hasbro let that cat out of the bag.

Kingsley

Thinking about it seriously, I think the only one who has more "important" things to do in his future is Spielberg.
For Ford, there isn't anything greater than Indiana Jones in sight. And for Lucas... if he didn't start with anything truly new in the last 20 year, I find it hard to start now.

But I don't like the perspective of more movies only because they don't have anything better to do! :eek:

IndyFan89

Hank Braxtan(Director of Return of the Ghostbusters) mentioned on his forums that he play's hockey with a guy that worked on the film a while back:

HA HA HA HA HA!

Guess who actually knows someone working on this movie RIGHT NOW?

Well...I do work in Hollywood, after all. Is it a real shocker? Actually, I play hockey with someone working on this film.

Well don't worry...they're making three of them.

Veiw the thread here:

http://www.braxtanfilm.com/smf/index.php?topic=3212.20

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
In those posts from August he's just repeating news we knew that "Shia is signed on for more sequels" (a standard contract).

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Merged these threads. Maybe the history of the issue becomes more apparent this way.

Oh ...and the news Moedred mentioned can be found [Beware. There are potential spoilers lurking behind that link I believe] here for example.

Last edited:

Kingsley

Well, maybe the thread belongs to the spoilers section now.

Thinking about it, you can always find hints pointing to more movies.
George Hall and all the 90's footage in YIJC removed... why? Is Mutt such an important character to generate contradictions there?

CHUD: the buzz is that this franchise could live on as a generational saga if audiences love Shia as much as director Steven Spielberg does...

Well, lets see what they did with Mutt in KOTCS... he should be extremely charming to generate such a saga.