Crack that whip

As of the last few days, my own local TRU still has / had:

The Temple of Doom
Ambush in Cairo
Fight on the Flying Wing
Venice Canal Chase
Peril in Peru
Jungle Cutter

... plus the two LEGO Indiana Jones hard cases (with LEGO tile mosaics) for the Nintendo DS Lite. Additionally, I've also seen Fighter Plane Attack clearanced at Wal-Mart, as mentioned before, and at full price at Target.

All this was within the last week, so I do still have some opportunity left. I do know it's fading fast, though, and I need to act quickly in order to get everything I still don't have yet. I really wish my means permitted it...

Gobi-1

I picked up the Flying Wing for 24.00 at one Walmart. I got the Temple of Doom for 64.00 at another. I was a little more then I wanted to pay but they only had two left and I knew time was running out.

The Fighter Plane Attack was 35.00 but I passed on it for now. The Venice boats was 30.00 but I already have that set.

SS Indy

SS Indy said:
A toy store over here in The Netherlands had two sets (Venice Chase and Cemetery Battle) in the bargain bins for half price! (y)
A few of the Hasbro figures were in there too.

Anyone else find any good deals in The Netherlands, or anywhere in Europe?

Found the Lego Jungle Cutter set yesterday, at another Bart Smit store, in the bargain bins for half price (25 Euros). :D

Other than that I haven't been able to find any Lego Indy sets anywhere.
So I guess all stores are getting rid of it now, but not all of them are selling it for cheap. :(

Crack that whip

As of today, the local TRU still has all five sets from the August wave. They hadn't actually had any copies of Chauchilla Cemetery Battle the last time I looked; they've restocked. Our Target also has all of them except Chauchilla Cemetery Battle. None of them are clearanced yet at either location.

Our Wal-Mart, on the other hand, has finally sold the last of its clearanced copies of Fighter Plane Attack (I account for two of them, now ;) ) and removed the little LEGO Indiana Jones sign from its place in the LEGO aisle, so that's the end of the line for WM here. For now.

Aside from these, I know of a couple smaller toy / hobby shops in the area with some sets; one of them has Venice Canal Chase, and the other still has Fight on the Flying Wing. The former (the one with Venice Canal Chase) also still had a Temple Escape until just a couple weeks ago (!). I was planning on getting it myself, but my terribly limited funds just wouldn't permit it before now, and now it's gone. :( At least I do have one already, so I don't have too much to complain about (I just wanted to get at least one duplicate of each minifigure in this line, and Temple Escape has three unique to it - Belloq, Satipo and Jock - but I do realize some other fans haven't managed to get it at all, so I'm comparatively fortunate).

Goonie

For those of you that have seen or have in your possession the Temple of Doom set, you're lucky. I have not seen that one around here in any of the stores. Seems like the focus is on Star Wars.

I did finally pick up the Chauchilla Cemetery Battle today.

And for those of you that have seen clearance sales at TRU, you're lucky. Ive only seen a clearance sale here on a rare occasion, unless you count the last few remaining Belloqs they're trying to sell for $4.:rolleyes:

Crack that whip

Goonie said:
For those of you that have seen or have in your possession the Temple of Doom set, you're lucky. I have not seen that one around here in any of the stores. Seems like the focus is on Star Wars.

Remember, you can also order the current sets directly from LEGO itself. They're always going to have the best overall LEGO selection (though occasionally they'll be sold out of older sets that you might still be able to find elsewhere), and since lots of retailers increasingly mark up LEGO above MSRP, LEGO will frequently have the best prices as well.

You might also try ordering from Lucasfilm's online Star Wars shop, which does carry some Indy LEGO sets.

Jack Panix

I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and order the duplicate copies of some of the '09 sets I want at full price. I'm trying to get at least 5 copies of each set, although I probably won't be able to do that with the 2008 releases now. I'm not concerned about the convention exclusives and don't collect keychains and magnets.

Walmarts around here no longer carry LEGO Indy and my Kmart only has the Venice Chase and Ambush in Cairo. The local TRU did restock the Temple of Doom ($100) and Ambush in Cairo ($15), but the mark-up is too much.

Target.com has the Temple of Doom in stock with free shipping (which expires today, 2/13), so I ordered four of them. I definitely don't want to miss out on getting more of this set while it's still available. It's got that mine cart track that's unique and only available in this particular set. Not to mention the exclusive figs.

The next priority will be the Fighter Plane Attack.

Here is my set list so far:

Winter 2008
7620 Indiana Jones Motorcycle Chase x2
7621 Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb x2
7622 Race for the Stolen Treasure x5
7623 Temple Escape x3

Spring 2008
7624 Jungle Duel x6
7625 River Chase x2
7626 Jungle Cutter x4
7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull x2

Summer 2008
7628 Peril in Peru x2
20004 Jungle Cruiser [BrickMaster Exclusive] x3

Winter 2009
7682 Shanghai Chase x7
7683 Fight on the Flying Wing x5

Summer 2009
7195 Ambush in Cairo x6
7196 Chauchilla Cemetery Battle x2
7197 Venice Canal Chase x4
7198 Fighter Plane Attack x1
7199 The Temple of Doom x1 (four on order)

Crack that whip

All five of the most recent / current sets are still available at the local TRU here (albeit most of them with the exorbitant TRU markup; as it happens, Fighter Plane Attack is MSRP, but that's the one I've already got), and Target here has all of them except Chauchilla Cemetery Battle.

Wal-Mart here clearanced away its Indy sets. As it happens, my terrible finances forced me to return one of my Fighter Plane Attacks a few days ago; I got paid again yesterday and went back to WM for other things, and what should I find but the last Fighter Plane Attack - the one I returned - back out on the clearance shelf, now marked down to $10! Sweet! Needless to say, I picked it up (again). It's now the second-best deal I've gotten on an Indy set (after getting my second copy of River Chase for just $2).

I can't come anywhere close to getting five of everything, but I would like to get at least two of everything, and more of certain things. I do actually have seven copies of Race for the Stolen Treasure; I feel pretty lucky that worked out! Right now the ones I most wish I could get more of are a second Temple Escape (it's the only regular retail set from any of the first three waves I haven't gotten more than one of), a third and fourth Temple of the Crystal Skull, and a third, fourth and fifth (and heck, more if I could find them) Jungle Duel. I may try for a third Shanghai Chase and / or Jungle Cutter soon. I do also still need my first copies of all the sets from the latest wave, except of course Fighter Plane Attack (of which I now have two copies, and don't feel I need more unless I find more great deals). Of the remaining four, I plan to get as many copies of The Temple of Doom (hard) and Ambush in Cairo (easy) as I can, and probably just two or three of each of the others.

I'm also hoping to finally get the magnets and DS cases and finish getting the keychains, "just because."

My own set list so far:

Winter 2008
7620 Indiana Jones Motorcycle Chase x3
7621 Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb x3
7622 Race for the Stolen Treasure x7
7623 Temple Escape x1

Spring 2008
7624 Jungle Duel x2
7625 River Chase x2
7626 Jungle Cutter x2
7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull x2

Summer 2008
7628 Peril in Peru x2
20004 Jungle Cruiser [BrickMaster Exclusive] x1

Winter 2009
7682 Shanghai Chase x2
7683 Fight on the Flying Wing x2

Summer 2009
7195 Ambush in Cairo x0
7196 Chauchilla Cemetery Battle x0
7197 Venice Canal Chase x0
7198 Fighter Plane Attack x2
7199 The Temple of Doom x0

Accessory items (only listing those I do have - one of each)
Indiana Jones minifig keychain
Henry Jones, Sr. minifig keychain
German biker / pilot minifig keychain

Last edited: