Looks like it is official

Vance

Well, before everyone gets into a rush to attack Rhode Island and burn down Hasbro's corprorate headquarters, keep in mind that MUCH of Hasbro's policies regarding the Indiana Jones and Star Wars lines don't come from Hasbro's edicts, but from what Lucas demands.

The profusion of Mutt, in particular, is right out of Lucas's offices. The Lego, Adventure Heroes, etc, lines were considered 'second tier' licenses, and Lucas wasn't as strict on them. The action figure line was far, far more micromanaged.

The Golden Idol said:
Is there any chance AT ALL of these 5 figures being produced?

Well, the Toht figure is "kind of" being produced. The black suit Cobra Commander uses the same body shown in the prototype picture. It's going for a not so small chunk of change of ebay right now. Customize a head and you're good to go. It makes you wonder how far along the other figures were in there production stages.

Nurhachi1991

This is the second flipping line that I was there from day one and right when the awesome figures were going to come out the line gets cancelled!!!

My first line was the ROCKY line by Jakks Pacific we did get alot of figures but there were more announcers and crap than actual figures and right when we were about to get that Blue shorts Clubber Lang what do they do? They cancel the line.

Now Indy my all time favorite series of films gets the can. I was really looking forward to this line but they stop after four waves wtf is up with that? We could of got our favorite characters from the film I was keeping my fingers crossed for a Marcus figure but do we get any of them no but Hasbro keeps making figures of every ******* Star Wars character ever to be in a single shot of the film!

tnswman

Niteshade007 said:
Instead of constantly tripling and quadrupling your post count, you could put all those quotes in ONE post.

don't want to

Nurhachi1991 said:
This is the second flipping line that I was there from day one and right when the awesome figures were going to come out the line gets cancelled!!!

My first line was the ROCKY line by Jakks Pacific we did get alot of figures but there were more announcers and crap than actual figures and right when we were about to get that Blue shorts Clubber Lang what do they do? They cancel the line.

Now Indy my all time favorite series of films gets the can. I was really looking forward to this line but they stop after four waves wtf is up with that? We could of got our favorite characters from the film I was keeping my fingers crossed for a Marcus figure but do we get any of them no but Hasbro keeps making figures of every ******* Star Wars character ever to be in a single shot of the film!

it's not SW fault :( as easy as it is to see how Hasbro can do things right and wrong at the same time.

It lies in the fault of Lucas licensing over pricing Hasbro..did hasbro have the fault of greed as well? SURE!! as did the retailers who upped the price of the figures out of the kid's price range. Notice, they did this while it was a HOT line.

Thre was a LOT of history in front of Hasbro's and Lucas's face which told them what to do and NOT to do. they avoided some problems while falling ionto the same old traps at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nurhachi1991

Yeah your right Tnswman but I'ts just the thought that I could of had a Satipo figure and a melted faced Toht than having it yanked away just gets my blood boiling :(

The Golden Idol

I can't believe all that tooling and sculpting will go to waste. Is there a chance that the 2nd Raiders wave will be released if Hasbro begins to produce more Indy figures (if an animated series or a fifth movie comes out), or will these figures just be trashed?

Shortie

Everyone buy Indy stuff for any children or other fans in our life this holiday season. It might change their minds!

Vance

The Golden Idol said:
I can't believe all that tooling and sculpting will go to waste. Is there a chance that the 2nd Raiders wave will be released if Hasbro begins to produce more Indy figures (if an animated series or a fifth movie comes out), or will these figures just be trashed?

We'll see all the sculpting in Hasbro's other lines.. eventually. They just won't be Indy figures.

Garfoot

Yes they seemingly made every single character in the Star Wars universe, but a cool looking alien that may have had only 3 seconds on screen, will always be more appealing then a boring white dude in a suit. (No hate please, I love Indy and am ticked off at Hasbro)

The fact is Star Wars characters are more exciting to kids. A lightsaber or an old ancient artifact textbook? No contest. Indy is popular, but I witnessed 300 people standing in line at midnight at TRU just to get Clone Wars action figures. Star Wars collectors are fanboys, casual collectors, and hords of kiddies. This relates to greenbacks. Although we are crazy about Jones, it just doesn't compare. I did a generic search on Ebay, 4400 Indy items, but compare it to Star Wars (53,000) and you get your answer. Popular, but only a fraction of the mighty space epic. We could have Star Wars in the toy isle for the next 20 years.

That being said, Hasbro treated Indy like a flash in the pan and never (I believe) intended it to be more then a companion to the movie. They should have never shown the ROTLA series 2 to us. It's like dangling fresh meat in front of a dog, then not feeding him.

I think I have already started to move on. I look forward to getting KOTCS on dvd in a couple of weeks, but then I think the excitement will sort of die down for me. The holidays will come and go, then Indy will be gone from the shelves once again. Hopefully not for good, but probably not for a long time, unless we get Indy 5. Hint to future companies looking at Indy, keep it small, have a good assortment of characters, give your loyal fans a voice, and for heavens sake, NO MORE MUTT FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr._Jones_Jr.

I'm so glad we got a german soldier and then a german soldier 2 pack. We could have had Toht or Mechanic. Plus the Marion with thug is the same figure as her single packaged. This line was pretty bad in alot of ways. Hasbro just pumps stuff out without even thinking. Their new Star Wars figures kind of suck too. A million different painted clone troopers----on a side note to Lucas....Why do the clone troopers suddenly have different helmets come episode 4? Not fashionable enough?

tnswman

Dr._Jones_Jr. said:
I'm so glad we got a german soldier and then a german soldier 2 pack. We could have had Toht or Mechanic. Plus the Marion with thug is the same figure as her single packaged. This line was pretty bad in alot of ways. Hasbro just pumps stuff out without even thinking. Their new Star Wars figures kind of suck too. A million different painted clone troopers----on a side note to Lucas....Why do the clone troopers suddenly have different helmets come episode 4? Not fashionable enough?

They changed in each of the 3 movies to the standard version now.. Pretty cool.

Actually, Clones sell like CRAZY!! I even have wayyyy too many.

I know for a fact that one of my Hasbro guys pushed for Toht and the GM to be added in a 3rd battle pack but Hasbro did not have time to push them through production and they would not make it to retail in time...The Hasbro team really wanted these figures to get made since they worked so hard on them.

The new SW figures are fantastic...I have been buying SW since DAY 1 ( I have the pics to prove it ) and these 2008 figures are better than ever.

ChromiumBlue37

It's sad that Star Wars is getting all of the spotlight right now with incredible toys. Those Star Wars fans are crying for more, more, more!

The Golden Idol

The Indy line kept getting better and better, with the TOD figures looking amazing. Makes me sad thinking about how perfect the 2nd ROTLA wave would have been. (n)

Garfoot

It's sad that Star Wars is getting all of the spotlight right now with incredible toys. Those Star Wars fans are crying for more, more, more!

Star Wars is their money maker. They won't bite off the hand that feeds them. Star Wars will always be their numero uno. Everything else is gravy.
They are also banking on the new Marvel line next year. I've seen previews and it looks very kid appealing, and will satisfy most fanboy's desires. Unlike Indy, I hope they at least give this one a fair shake. All sorts of Marvel Universe figures I want to see.:gun:

nitzsche

Wow, this is disappointing news that I am only now finding out. I guess I will try to get what I can before the holidays.

The Magic Rat

Target, despite the odds, appears to have ordered another wave of figures. I went to three different stores in my area and they each have an almost completely new assortment than last week. Holiday preparation?

If you have a Target around you, I think it'd be worth a shot to check them out.

Lambonius

The Magic Rat said:
Target, despite the odds, appears to have ordered another wave of figures. I went to three different stores in my area and they each have an almost completely new assortment than last week. Holiday preparation?

If you have a Target around you, I think it'd be worth a shot to check them out.

I found this to be the case around me as well. Last night I saw the first Grail Knights I had seen in the wild since June or July.