TH SCRIPT IS FINISHED!

wolfgang

yup, thats right, Harrison said so, look

Harrison Ford told SCI FI Wire that Frank Darabont has completed his script for a proposed fourth Indiana Jones movie. "Steven [Spielberg]'s quite happy with it," Ford said in an interview. "I'm expecting to see it in a couple of weeks."

Ford added that he worked closely with director Spielberg, Darabont and executive producer George Lucas on the story. "The way the process works is that George and Frank work together, then Steven gets the script, then I get the script, and we all work together. We all met together and talked about it before they started writing."

Randy_Flagg

Very cool! I'm glad to know Harrison's involved with the story. I wouldn't be overly optimistic if Lucas was the only one doing it, as he seems to have lost his knack when it comes to creating characters we care about. Don't get me wrong, the guy has a fantastic imagination, but looking at the characters in the latest Star Wars movies, they all seem very wooden. I think Harrison, Steven and Frank will help keep things on track.

indydude

the interviews on the VHS version, Steven Spielberg said he would not leave a bad taste in anybodys mouth, I hope he keeps his promise, I think he will.

indydude

I hope they will give us at leest 1 hint on what it is about, but not a really obvious one, does anybody know anything about the script?

wolfgang

I totally agree with indydude, and by the way, he also said he wanted to be more prejudice on this one. It will defenitely be a GREAT movie

swords

Considering the slow pace of this movie, practically a snails pace, this is great progress! This is front page news in the Indy 4 sense!

[Edited by swords on 06-03-2003 at 05:10 pm]

indydude

I think Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Harrison Ford and Frank Darabont all know that fans don't want Indy 4 to be good, they want it to be great, it can not be OK, it has to be great. I think that is why it is taking so long, they all know that if they rush the last Indy movie and make it bad it will scar the Indiana Jones franchise for ever and they will never be apolagised, so when I say I can't wait I am not saying I want them to finish it up now I am saying I want Indy 4 to be as good as "Raiders" or better, so take your time Indy 4 people, we will never lose trust in you that Indy 4 will be a great Indy movie. Let us all rise, put our fedoras over our hearts and sing the Indy anthem.

NileQT87

indy iv...here you are!

yay!

hopefully the girl has lots of spunk and harry gives it his utmost energy.

no adios to indy...just sapido.

Duguay

I don't want to dash anyones hopes, as I know there are some real die hard Indy fans here (that's why we are posting in an Indy forum), but I think a little wariness of getting ones hopes to high is in order, high expectations is a formula for disappointment. The more excited you are, the more risk that the movie will not be what you want it to be.

Fans of The Matrix are disappointed with Reloaded, because they let themselves get too hyped up about it. Fans of Star Wars waited almost 20 years for a new movie, and I think it's not too much of a stretch to say they got burned by their high expectations (it doesn't help that the movie is of questionable quality, the only thing that can be said for certain is that it was controversial).

By all means, I think its a great thing, worth being excited about. But the time it has taken to become a reality is not an instant guarantee that it will be good. 20 years between Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace did not make TPM a better movie (higher caliber of special effects, yes, but we know FX don't make a movie good). Don't let yourselves get burned by your expectations.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
wolfgang said:
"Steven [Spielberg]'s quite happy with it,"

Yeah we know what that means. I would've prefered "very happy with it". There, I'm staring to be pesimistic again...as always. ;)

Randy_Flagg

vaxer said:
wolfgang said:
"Steven [Spielberg]'s quite happy with it,"

Yeah we know what that means. I would've prefered "very happy with it". There, I'm staring to be pesimistic again...as always. ;)

It all depends on how it's said. "Quite happy" can mean "extremely happy."

Still, I agree that we shouldn't get too excited just yet. The main thing to me, above all else, is that it keeps the tone of the other films. That's why the Star Wars prequels don't work for me. Yes, they have a more elaborate plot and better effects, but the swashbuckling and humours tone was replaced by a more ponderous and wooden tone. Now, I don't think Indy could become ponderous and wooden, but then again, look how far "Young Indy" strayed from the real Indy. Let's hope Lucas remembers which Indy most of us want to see.

bob

Wow the Script is finished!

To be honest i am growing increasingly tired of tracking the progress of the film without a name, without a plot, without a cast, without even vague rumours; it is very difficult for me to get too excited about this piece of news as the release date has been set we know its coming!

(sorry i guess 5 years of reading Indy IV rumours is getting to me)

wolfgang

Well, Dunguy's right about that "not being the best" thing, but I don't expect it to be the best, i expect it to be just like the others. Maybe a little bit of "wow indy is back" music, but thats about it. I like all the indy movies at teh same level (i do like last crusade a bit more) and i expect this one to be the same, and I agree that "quite excited" might be extremly. And, bob, I have also been waiting for this movie for a few years, but, as Aaron said, the fun begins, so "why are you sitting there resting? we where reaching the end"....or something loke that