Post your desktop

Finn

Staff member
What's with all the Windowses? Am I really the only linuxist around?

(And the only one with a hawt chick on my backround, to that extent?)

intergamer

Finn said:
What's with all the Windowses? Am I really the only linuxist around?

(And the only one with a hawt chick on my backround, to that extent?)

I often use a unix shell remotely and sometimes dial-in to an x-client for school (our servers run a custom unix distribution), but other than that linux isn't really that useful to me... gnome and kde are both much slower than windows, and MS has smarter programmers. I used linux sometimes in high school when I wanted to be cool.

Also, that chick isn't that hawt.

intergamer

Finn said:
Good for you. I'm using it because it's cheap.

I was talking about the penguin.

Windows is one burned CD and Linux is three, Windows is much cheaper.

Also the penguin isn't hot either, they live in the arctic.

Finn

Staff member
intergamer said:
Linux is three
Distributions, you heard of them? They come in varying sizes and formats.

Most debian-variants (like Ubuntu) fit on one CD. Also, if you need extremes, you can fit a dozen DSLs on one.

But we're going OT...

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Finn said:
I'm using it because it's cheap.

well, my Windows XP was pretty cheap too... ;)

when I was a student, at home I used Windows (for every day stuff) and Linux (for programming), but at school, for computer science, we had to use OpenVMS!
Since I got an iBook, it's mac OS X only at home. And at work mainly the Unix family (Linux, Solaris and even VxWorks).

For me OS X is without a doubt the most user-friendly (and it's got the Unix shell for the geeks! :)).

intergamer

Finn said:
Distributions, you heard of them? They come in varying sizes and formats.

Most debian-variants (like Ubuntu) fit on one CD. Also, if you need extremes, you can fit a dozen DSLs on one.

But we're going OT...

I used the word distribution in my post.. I was quoting a classic joke

XMarksTheSpot

You boys are so silly. ;)

Okay well here is my "overly girly" wallpaper. :D Its the castle from Disneyland Paris. I just love this picture its really beautiful. I got it from Flickr.com I'll find out how took it and edit it in their name to give them credit. :D

MiDesktop.gif

Viper

Since noone seems to want to guess, I'll just tell you.

It's the Greek God Poseidon (known to the Romans as "Neptune") and all his manly manliness.

IkoJones

Viper said:
Since noone seems to want to guess, I'll just tell you.

It's the Greek God Poseidon (known to the Romans as "Neptune") and all his manly manliness.

Does Poseidon/Neptune have that veil or wings or whatever it is?

Anyway, I tripple the IndyCon background.

:hat:

Methos

Well, figured this might be a good place to run my post count up, so I can score an avatar.;) I just chose this image for my desktop last week.:D

2007IndyDesktopOne.jpg

No Ticket

Nice wallpaper there Methos. I don't see a point in posting my new desktop. It's just the new wallpaper from IndianaJones.com - the one from Raiders of him running from the giant boulder.