Hot Sauce

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It's not that hot, but...

...has anyone spent much time with curry ketchup?

I know I've had some verson of it on occasion in the past - a sausage plate here, perhaps some French fries there (there being Amsterdam) - but until I was brought back a bottle of the below as a souvenir did I realize its greatness.

201139.jpg

The sweetness of ketchup, the complexity of a decent curry blend, the heat of a mild but still substantial hot sauce, not so hot as to limit how much you can add, for reasons of physical tolerance or over-dominance of what you're adding it to, but still decidedly above the level of, say, Taco Bell's Mild Sauce. It's almost like a thinner honey in texture, though no honig graces the ingredients list. Mustard even has a place of prominence in the curry mix, rendering your need for that particular topping null in some cases.

Sausage, eggs, sandwiches, fried things from pollo to potato, and, I should think, much, much more? I've never had one before, but I do now: Hela Curry Gewürz Ketchup extra hot is my desert island condiment.

Apologies to myself for the double post.

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
I've never been a curry fan. But I'd try this, simply on the basis that it's a recommendation from you.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Any Takers?

Blair’s HOTTEST chili hot sauce to date, released on Halloween 2010, with a whopping 16,000,000 SHU!

Because of the ingredients found in this product, we strongly recommend that you read the Product Disclaimer.

Purchaser of this product hereby acknowledges the intense heat factor of this product and the element of danger if misused. This product is over 100 times hotter than a jalapeno pepper and is a complex blend of fresh peppers and extracts. This product is not a sauce but a food additive and should be used as such only.

I suggest this be the 2018 Cinnamon Challenge. You know, for idiots like that.