dodgey copy VS painful wait

jdm_jib

Well...with so many of us itching to get a copy of KOTCS for private viewing, i was just wondering who has given in to the temptation and got hold of a pirate copy and sacraficed quality of viewings for quantity of viewing?

Ive been tempted, but after seeing samples of (supposidly) the best quality available, i decided against it.

indyclone25

i figured by now one of my friends would have sent me a copy but i'm glad they haven't , because i would much rather see it clear and sounding good

The Man

You can watch pretty much the whole shebang broken down into parts on Youtube. Alas, the quality is atrocious...

Here's a taster:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLBacs4E3KE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLBacs4E3KE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bonoferox

I found a few versions on a certain website. One of them was actually rather good quality. But I'll wait for the real thing.
My sister apparently found a great copy in Shanghai a few weekends ago.

A_True_Believer

jdm_jib said:
Well...with so many of us itching to get a copy of KOTCS for private viewing, i was just wondering who has given in to the temptation and got hold of a pirate copy and sacraficed quality of viewings for quantity of viewing?

Me. I caved. :eek:

Don't worry, though. I saw it twice legitamately, and I'll definitely buy the DVD on day one. They're still getting my money. ;)

StoneTriple

Damn! - That's one of my very favorite portions of the movie and that clip really makes me want to see it again.

:cool:

I'll hold out for the real deal.

The Man

bonoferox said:
Firewall at work prevents me from seeing it. What clip is it?

It starts with the infamous fridge escape and probably ends with Indy meeting Mutt. I haven't watched it fully myself yet...

Edit...

Here's the next portion for when you get home...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y9vZHS2I4Ek&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y9vZHS2I4Ek&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

agent_dork

give in to boot legging? ive done it for years! i found a REALY REALY good copy of it then i lost the link!!!!

bonoferox

Probably not allowed to be posted, but let me know if you want a link to where it can be seen (not that i condone it) and I'll email it to you.

jdm_jib

none of the copies ive seen are any good, theyre all rubbish cam's and telesyncs. Only ones worth getting are R5's but since its not been released in R5 yet i dont considder any worth getting. would considder a good screener though.

if your after a good copy though, keep your eye on vcdquality.com, that updates all the time and lets you know what version of which films have been released and also provides a screenshot and rating for each one.

bonoferox...ill take a look at that link and check out the quality.(y)

Dr. Wolfwood

I've seen the movie in the theatre once and I can very well wait for a few months until it is on a legitimate DVD to see it again - of course, I was not as impressed by it as some others here might have been...

BTW: I'm surprised these threads related to pirating aren't being censored by moderators. The site manager has no aspirations to get free Indy toys for review? :confused:

jdm_jib

I dunno. Were not actually pirating them nor are we selling them, where just discussing it really. Cant see the harm in that from the site owners & moderators point of view.

Finn

Staff member
Kids... I want this thread to be kept at the level of theoretical speak only... no directions.

Junior Jones

"Dodgey" quality or not, I'll wait and purchase a legal copy. I'm mature enough to have overcome my desire for instant gratification.

Agent Z

So, staying legal, how much would a 35mm print cost?

Oh, and I will need a projector also.

I'll make my own screen.

Michael24

As much as I liked the film, I don't mind waiting another few months to have it on DVD. Even the best-looking bootlegs are still no match for an official DVD. :)

Agent Z

Another angle....

Completists like to save their bootlegs and workprints, as theatrical cuts and subsequent dvd releases are different, revised versions from what was originally leaked.

Kingdom may end up being in that category but, aside from some audio clean-up, I can't imagine too many changes for the dvd release.

Still, even the littlest changes would be enough for people to hold onto their boots.