Indy 5 news 2017

AndyLGR

Face_Palm said:
He’s very obviously joking...
I thought the same too.

For someone to post that Harrison has Alzheimers seems in really bad taste to, (let alone a mod post it), if its meant as a joke its not a very funny one.

Finn

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
source, I know the signs.
I'm not going to argue about you not knowing the signs, but I hope you have more you can base that diagnosis on than a 90-second YouTube clip.

Especially since a lot of those seemingly "spontaneous" talk show appearances are actually thoroughly rehearsed.

And, btw, Easter Bunny isn't real either. Just FYI.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Pale Horse said:
Harrison Ford has Alzheimer's
Shouldn't you be telling the Federal Aviation Administration instead of us?
Pale Horse said:
source, I know the signs.
Source, I have the internet too.

I'm listening to hours of new Ford interviews and not finding it. Here's a not so subtle fan, Eric. I guess I used to dress like this at 15.

IndyFan89

Is the concern he will forget his lines? I don't understand the controversy over mental health. I will say I have a Grandfather HF's same age who has Parkinson's and looks 1/8th as good as Ford does. Hell, I'm 28 years old and in worse shape than Ford. (y)

Finn

Staff member
IndyFan89 said:
Hell, I'm 28 years old and in worse shape than Ford.
Unless you have some kind of medical condition, sounds like you need to revise your diet and exercise plans.

And by this, I'm not suggesting that Ford is in bad shape - on the contrary, he seems to be in an exceptionally good (physical) shape for his age. But no person in their 20s should be in worse than he is, at least if the cause is simple lifestyle choices.

Gear

^ Yeah, seriously dude. Not to be unkind, but I hope you are being hyperbolic, IndyFan89.

Moedred said:
Here's a not so subtle fan, Eric. I guess I used to dress like this at 15.

Cool video, but it always sucks seeing your favorite personalities posing that damned 'Illuminati all-seeing eye'. Symbols have different meanings in different contexts, but with the context of Hollyweird and MSM, it's just creepy and disappointing.

In the context of this post, I can already imagine the Alex Jones health suppliment jokes to be made. :rolleyes:

Face_Melt

Finn said:
Unless you have some kind of medical condition, sounds like you need to revise your diet and exercise plans.

And by this, I'm not suggesting that Ford is in bad shape - on the contrary, he seems to be in an exceptionally good (physical) shape for his age. But no person in their 20s should be in worse than he is, at least if the cause is simple lifestyle choices.

I?m in great shape (age 26, male) and I have no doubt that Ford could kick my ass.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Finn said:
...but I hope you have more you can base that diagnosis on than a 90-second YouTube clip.

Indeed. We've not discussed it here, but there is family history there too.

Finn

Staff member
Face_Palm said:
I’m in great shape (age 26, male) and I have no doubt that Ford could kick my ass.
And I think I could kick Ford's irregardless of whether I'm in better or worse shape than him. Because I've got something Mr. Ford lacks - military training.

Addendum: In the name of honesty, I know very little past the basics and hold no delusions - pretty much anyone with more training and/or experience would wipe the floor with me. But me vs. a 75-year-old man whose experience consists entirely of Hollywood playacting? Yeah, I'd like my odds in that bout.

You chose a pretty poor argument, because one's physical condition is rarely a decisive factor in a fight. Knowing how to fight better than your opponent matters far more.

Here's a question - If you had to run away from Mr. Ford, do you think you could outrun him? If the answer is "no", I don't think you're in as great a shape as you boast.

Addendum 2: I'm fairly certain I could do this too, and it's also my preferred method of displaying physical superiority in pretty much every situation that looks like it could come to blows. I've little desire to "kick asses" unless cornered with no other options.

Last edited:

curmudgeon

Maybe it just comes down to how you think about Indy.

Seeing as much of the series' entertainment value to me stems from Indy's near-misses and recurring inability to do exactly as he intended, I'm not sure I personally see the believability issue.

Sure, a 75 year old wouldn't make a good Jason Bourne, or James Bond, or Batman, or Lara Croft type super action hero who flawlessly executes every stunt. But Indy? That's a little easier for me to buy.

The other thing is, it's just for this this ONE movie. Unless they surprise us with some back to back situation, this is the only time we're ever going to get an Indy this old. After this, those of you who really, really want a young buck Indy are going to get just that for an eternity of reboots.

You can't let Indy be old just this one time? You can't let those who want this enjoy it without your incessant complaining, just because you can't get your way for one more movie?

Finn

Staff member
Can't speak for the others, but at least for me, the question is solely what I'd prefer, not what I demand.

I said a long time ago that no matter what direction they take here, they'll have my money. That hasn't changed.

Face_Melt

Finn

Staff member
Face_Palm said:
They’ve made a decision, it’s Harrison Ford. So what’s with the debate?
The debate concerns whether Harrison Ford is/should be the only person playing Indiana Jones in the upcoming movie.

While they've most likely made that decision too, it's yet to be publicly announced. And as long as it isn't, there's room for this topic.

Z dweller

curmudgeon said:
You can't let Indy be old just this one time?
As far as I am concerned, Indy was way too old in KOTCS already.

And I'm not talking about the character's age only, the time setting is just as important.

I want to watch Indy in action in the late 1920s and through the 30s, certainly no later than the early 1940s.

The 1950s, so ostentatiously shown in KOTCS, never really worked for me at all.

Indy in the 1960s? I am simply not interested.

Indy Jones

Z dweller said:
As far as I am concerned, Indy was way too old in KOTCS already.

And I'm not talking about the character's age only, for me the time setting is just as important.

I want to watch Indy in action in the late 1920s and through the 30s, certainly no later than the early 1940s.

The 1950s, so ostentatiously shown in KOTCS, never really worked for me at all.

Indy in the 1960s? I am simply not interested.

Makes sense. It doesn't sound like there's anything for you to look forward to in this next film. Will you see it anyhow?

Face_Melt

Indy Jones said:
Makes sense. It doesn't sound like there's anything for you to look forward to in this next film. Will you see it anyhow?

Anyone that?s hardcore enough to go out of there way to go to an Indiana Jones message board is going to see the next film.

Z dweller

Indy Jones said:
It doesn't sound like there's anything for you to look forward to in this next film.
Unless at least part of the story is shown in flashbacks, which is still entirely possible at this stage.

Indy Jones said:
Will you see it anyhow?
Probably - even if there are no flashbacks with a younger Indy.

But we are talking three years from now. Who knows, really?
You cannot be sure you'll watch it yourself, my friend...

IndyBuff

I still think they missed a big opportunity to do another one in the 90's. Ford was still young enough and it would have been cool to see one set in the early 1940's, with Indy taking on the Imperial Japanese. I'm not opposed to Indy being set in the 60's but it does feel a little weird pushing the character that far into the future.