"Family Kicked Out of Buffet Restaurant"

Jay R. Zay

probably takes courage and determination to do so but i think it's correct this way. some people waste food as if it was dirt. if they don't know an exotic food, they take a large helping of it, just to find out that they don't like it and so they throw it away.

that's disgusting. also saying "you know how kids are". nope, i was never that way. my parents educated me to clean my plate. and that's fine with me. if i'm not sure whether i like something or not, i try a bit of it and if i dislike it, i won't touch it anymore. i take as much as i know that i can eat. i think this is nothing super-human. everybody could educate their children that way and nobody has to waste food again and again.

this should be an accepted procedure. no matter what you paid and whether it's "all you can eat" or not, there is no justification for wasting food this way. and as probably the restaurant owners aren't millionaires either, it seems likely to me that they don't treat their guests this way just because they wasted a single sausage or so.

Tennessee R

I can imagine that there was a good reason for their being kicked out.
You know that the restraunt wants the business. So they wouldn't kick out a family for nothing.

I'm a heavy eater, and usually fill buffet plates over spill-height, but I always eat it.

I've left some food on my plate before (And almost always there will be maybe a bite of egg roll and a few noodles left when I'm dining all-you-can-eat Chinese, but it is pure waste to leave more than that. If you aren't going to eat it, then don't get it.

Get a very small portion of what you want and come back for more. That's the whole idea of buffet.

Indy Parise

If you know you're not going to eat everything you take, then take a little at a time until you're full. I am so sick of people wasting food. Another thing I see in one resteraunt in particular is the same people coming in, ordering food, eating half the food then saying "Waiter somethings wrong with this." If there is something wrong you say it after a few bites. I know full well that these people want to get a free meal. Even at Friday's, I saw a group of twenty year old girls. One, eats the whole meal then tells the waiter it isn't what she ordered. WHAT THE F*(% IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

junior

yah, in AUS we learn the value of food. At 7 we are taught to hunt kangaroo then cook for ourselves. if you dont catch anything, you dont eat. also you get pretty hungry after tracking a roo through high country for day or two.

intergamer

junior said:
yah, in AUS we learn the value of food. At 7 we are taught to hunt kangaroo then cook for ourselves. if you dont catch anything, you dont eat. also you get pretty hungry after tracking a roo through high country for day or two.

If you had a choice between cooking a kangaroo steak for dinner, or going hungry but mashing the kangaroo meat into Aussie beer, which would you take?

phatr32

wtf? for starters aussie beer blows and sux at the same time.

And kanga meat isnt too bad if its been prepped properly.

steve

Gustav

indifan101 said:
This is exactly what ya want to see as a waiter!:rolleyes:

Agreed. This is so satisfying. I love how she actually had the nerve to complain. "I can't waste your food if I feel like it? I want to talk to the manager!"
Usually in America it's all about making the customer happy even if that means wiping dog poop off their shoes with your shirt after carrying their free groceries (they had to wait in line too long) out to their car and refusing your tip. And you better refuse your tip. People have gotten so used to having their asses kissed that they feel like they have the right to complain about things like this. They want their drinks some time within a ten second time span, no sooner, no later. They want their entrees exactly three minutes after they have finished their appetizers. And if it's not the right temperature, God have mercy on your soul. If you leave them with an empty glass they act like you killed their mother.

Is it like this in other countries?

Magda

That's one of the many things that are wrong with the United States. We Americans are too used to the idea that wasting is okay because there's always more to spare.

roundshort

Magda said:
That's one of the many things that are wrong with the United States. We Americans are too used to the idea that wasting is okay because there's always more to spare.

Good point, it isn't just the USA, trust me I have seen it in every country I have been in, excpet for Africa. Actually I think France is one of the larger waster nations.

What disturbed me aboutt he article is, when she said, I paid the price. People think that oce you "PAY YOUR MONEY" you get a ticket to be an a$$hole. I hate that logic!

Good for the Restaurant!

Indy Parise

roundshort said:
What disturbed me aboutt he article is, when she said, I paid the price. People think that oce you "PAY YOUR MONEY" you get a ticket to be an a$$hole. I hate that logic!

To quote the House of Blues restaurants "Be Nice Or Leave." If people would take this into consideration that you are paying for what you eat and not so you can waste food and be an A$$hole. Again, Be Nice Or Leave

roundshort

temple of john said:
In reality though the resteraunts themselves are just as much to blame. Having an "all you can eat" buffet only sends the message that it's okay to waste food and the food gets chucked at the end of the night anyway. :D

Yeah, I don't ave many little "rules" about living my life,but I try to stick to NO BUFFETS"

Probably the worst thing to ever happen to F&B!

roundshort

temple of john said:
Ironically enough, I just got home from a Chinese buffet (take out) and loaded the **** up on all kinds of stuff.

I'm gorged. Temple out for at least 3 hours.

Did you have your favorite, Sum Yung Gui?

Domino40

Could someone fill me in on this story. The link in the OP doesn't work. What happened? Was this family a repeat offender? Which restaurant? What State? This sounds like a great story...
I have often seen people who should be kicked out. Our town recently acquired a Chinese buffet. This establishment has crab legs for lunch and for dinner. The first week it was open, my family and I decided to go. Upon arrival, there was this "mountain" family of about 10 people sitting around in dingy, stained, ripped clothing; apparel that the Goodwill would throw away. They had plates stacked upon one another about 8 high (per person...even the kids). There were 3 men who weighed about 350 a piece and they kept going back for the crab legs. As they ate, the crab and the butter literally flew across the restaurant and into other diners hair, on their plates, their clothing...it was disgusting! These people acted like they had just crawled out from underneath a rock! The owners of the new establishment were chinese and really didn't know what to think of these people, or how to handle them. The place was really crowded and everyone was simply mortified by their behavior. I have never been back for fear they may show up again.