Ska

IJ Related Books:

Temple by Matthew Reilly
Area 51 (series) by Robert Doherty
Atlantis Found by Clive Cussler
(any book) by Elizabeth Peters
Excavation by James Rollins
The X Files: Ruins by Kevin Anderson

All are great reads that IJ could easily substitute as the lead character.

Ska

Luckylighter

Recommendations

Hi Everybody,

I'm going on a train trip in two weeks to Albuquerque and I'm looking for a good Indy book to read on the way to pass the time. The only Indy book I've read is the novelization of "Raiders".

What book would you recommend for me to start with, and would be enjoyable for a trip?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I can't do anything in here. And I think that a merge would be better.

Finn

Staff member
Luckylighter said:
If you want to delete this, then be my guest. I should have done some digging, rather than rush into posting.
Well, the good thing is that you're not the first one doing that... and it's usually one of the smallest mishaps one can perform around here.

Merged, by the way.

Johan

TO THE MODS-still like you guys tho

In my personal opinion, if there is a really old thread that is brought up again...Hand's down I would rather go to a newer thread. I find it a lot easier to post when I don't have to read through pages of the conversation. Its good to respond early in a thread.

Tennessee R

Doc Savage said:
I currently have Dinosaur Eggs, Dance of the Giants, Hollow Earth, and The Unicorn's Legacy on the way. I'll post my opinions as I read them, if anyone's interested.

Absolutely

My favorite would have to be Hollow Earth, or Mystery of the Sphinx

Johan

you should check out the thread on banning caiden's books...It's quite a debated discussion

I

Indy_Jones88

Renderking Fisk said:
If you like Indiana Jones, James Bond, and World War II history, then you need to get your hands on everything Alan Furst wrote.

Newt Gingrich just reviewed ?Dark Star?, one of the ones of Furst?s I?m saving for last. Phenomenal Writer? I?ve reviewed one of his books for TIE. And there are more to come.

Thank You for the suggestion Ren.

Alan Furst, I have heard of him. I looked at my local library yesterday and they didn't have any of his books. I will have to go to a Barnes and Nobles or Borders or somewhere to find them I guess.

Do you know how many books he has written? I really want to get my hands on one of them because I am bored sick.

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions,

Over and Out,
Kris "Indy_Jones88"

Original Raider

Interested New Reader

I havent read any of the Indy novels. Which ones should I start with? Which are the best ones? names, titles, authors, etc, thanks guys!

Johan

How bout starting with the first one in the series...they all kinda have a progression...start with Peril At Delphi...some of my favorates are Dinosaur Eggs and Hollow Earth. But I still reccomend reading in order...I ended up reading all of them 2 times in like a month because the first time I didn't read them in order.

IAdventurer01

My favorite had to be Indiana Jones and the Interior World. However, in order for it to have full impact you have to read Peril at Delphi, Dance of the Giants, Seven Viels, Genesis Deluge, and Unicorn's Legacy first. Hey, they're all good anyway! ;)

Indyologist

Re: Interested New Reader

Original Raider said:
I havent read any of the Indy novels. Which ones should I start with? Which are the best ones? names, titles, authors, etc, thanks guys!

Don't ask us. Read them all and then tell us what YOU think! ;)

Original Raider

Im trying Indyologist, but the Borders near my house didnt have any titles on hand. I might have to go to Amazon or, God forbid, the library.