Bazooka and other heavy ordnance - Empire magazine photos

AHegele

concerning Natalie Portman-

She is pretty bland in both the looks and acting department. I'd take Shia over her any day of the week. He is more in tune with Indy's sensibilities.

scifiwolf

nitzsche said:
I've looked at the photo a few times now and it has occurred to me that Indy appears to be trying to pass the RPG off to Mutt who doesn't look too enthused about the idea.
lol - I was going to post this, but I went back to make sure it hadn't been said. When I realized no one had said it, I came back and you posted while I was reading. Definitely looks like Indy's trying to get Mutt to take it.

[gruff voice]You know how to use one of these?[/gruff voice]

The_Raiders

littledavid2 said:
....mmmmm....everytime a see a new picture I get mixed feelings...I don't know...that hat...Indy and Marion's expressions...

What do you mean "that hat" Indy's hat? What's wrong with it? I like his hat. :whip:

Tsar

nitzsche said:
I've looked at the photo a few times now and it has occurred to me that Indy appears to be trying to pass the RPG off to Mutt who doesn't look too enthused about the idea.

I don't think so, Indy's finger is on the trigger as if he is about to aim it out back and fire it.

commontone

Dr.Sartorius said:
Hahahahahhaha. Good one.

Are you laughing with me or at me? ;) Of course personality is a big factor in attractiveness. In the real world it definitely takes precedence for me over looks (to a point). But when speaking of movie stars, people I'll never meet and whose publicly projected personality may not even be real...I'm more comfortable saying, "Wow, she's physically gorgeous" and leaving it at that.

Now Franka Potente--I think she is attractive in every way. I would date her.

trippweeder

commontone said:
Natalie was good in Garden State and Closer, I thought. Not great, but not talentless. Alba has never been good in anything that I've seen.

Personality-wise, I probably wouldn't want to date either of them. (Well, Portman did go to Harvard, so she's probably reasonably intelligent, at least.) But I'm not gonna feel bad for thinking they're attractive. (y)

jessica.jpg

Hmm. Yes, I can see how her personality may deter you.

Indy_Chic

indynewsopener.jpg

Yes!!(y) I am so loving this picture! Pure awesomeness!

Indyologist said:
You go with your big bad bazooka Indy baby! Looks about as good as the rocket launcher in Raiders. Can't wait to see what he's going to totally waste with that puppy!

Same here! I pity whoever is going to be on the receiving end of that bazooka when badass Indy fires it. :gun:

Mike Dowswell

jasperjones said:
I think we made our point. Just a bit o fun. Seriously though, I love the way people on an internet message board are pointing out how the creators of the character and original movies haven't got it right and are proffering up their photo-shopped improvements lol. I know it's not meant seriously and is all in good spirit but I don't even think the prequel spoiler wars ever got as nitpicky as this lol!

Just for my own curiousity, how old are people on here? I'm 31 and grew up with the films as a young kid so I love them all. I think Raiders is the best but I still love all of them. I don't share the disappointment some have for TOD or LC because at the age I fell in love with them I wasn't looking to pick apart their flaws, or I wasn't expecting anything other than Indy, action, humour and thrills and they delivered in spades for me. Just wondering if it's an age thing or a taste thing...

Exactly, I cannot put enough emphasis here on the fact that this is all a bit of fun...but I will state that I cannot turn a digital photo into a celluloid one, its just not possible...but I have tried my very hardest?what we have here is a digital photo and the actual film is shot on celluloid, that has to be said...what we will SEE on the big screen will look COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to these production stills...and I take my hat off to Mr Speilberg for sticking by his guns and shooting Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on 35mm celluloid and sticking by his guns for using miniatures and matte paintings for the special effects. What I'm particularly excited to find out is wiether or not we?ll see some stop motion in this movie. If he does that, I?m going to be overjoyed.

I wanted to see 35mm celluloid production publicity photos though...and we don?t seem to have them. This made me really very keen to load them into photoshop and add the grain...its quite funny really.

I?m a 26 year old filmmaker and have always loved the films.

And yes, the anticipation on this one is absolutely huge, its Phantom Menace huge. That?s the only other film I can compare the anticipation to. 18 years is such a long time and this Indiana Jones trilogy is so very iconic.

---

Deckard

trippweeder said:
jessica.jpg

Hmm. Yes, I can see how her personality may deter you.

I'd call that an artist's rendering. Its heavily altered. You can make anyone look good naked with a few hours of photoshop time on your hands. But im pretty sure your not just gonna walk into your house one day out of the blue and find her randomly having broken and entered and laying naked wrapped in your living room rug.

trippweeder

Deckard said:
I'd call that an artist's rendering. Its heavily altered. You can make anyone look good naked with a few hours of photoshop time on your hands. But im pretty sure your not just gonna walk into your house one day out of the blue and find her randomly having broken and entered and laying naked wrapped in your living room rug.

*switches off alarm just in case*

commontone

Deckard said:
I'd call that an artist's rendering. Its heavily altered.

I think she's one of those people who pretty much has perfect skin. I bet it's more lighting than digital altering. And I doubt she looks much worse in person. ;)

Major West

Mike Dowswell said:
Well the thing is that...(and its all still a bit out of context) but when your driving in the forest / jungle, its quite dark, the window behind marion is showing that it's quite built up with jungle.

I've put in more green on this one below, previous one was a tad too blue.

RPG3.jpg

---

Isn't this a bit sad? Are we on a Star trek forum? Why are people getting their panties in a twist over whether or not the image looks good enough and are messing with it?

It's a friggin publicity still. By the looks of things taken using a digital camera so it's very sharp and probably hasn't had any further alterations done.

It will look fine in the film. Spielberg shot the movie using film cameras and was keen to carry on the lighting and cinematography style of the first three flicks.