DVD sale prices

KarmicCurse

DVDs on sale at Amazon

For anyone who balked at the ridiculous original price of $140 or so each and didn't buy young Indy on DVD, this might be your opportunity. The sets' prices have been fluctuating wildly on amazon over the past week. I finally got all 3 for about $25 each! One or the other has been going up to about $45 or so and then back down again randomly.

The accompanying historical documentaries are abundant, very well made and engaging. One thing that is sorely lacking however (besides Old Indy) is anything at all to do with the actual making of the show! I've only gotten through a few of the discs but there doesn't seem to be anything about the actual production, which is unfortunate because I still find the series' lavish production impressive. Nothing has ever quite looked like that on TV.

WilliamBoyd8

Over the past year I have seen all of the DVDs,
courtesy of the county library.

There is nothing about the production of the series in them.

:)

Stoo

That is great news for those who don't have the DVDs yet. (Now is your chance, Drifter!(y))

Here is a thread (which I think used to be a "sticky" at the top of the Young Indy forum) well suited for this information: Sale prices

Hey, KarmicCurse, $140 U.S.D. for each volume? Wow! I bought mine when they 1st came out at Future Shop in Canada. $91.99 (Canadian) for Volume 1 and $89.99 (Canadian) each for Volumes 2 & 3.

$25 bucks a pop is bargain too good to be ignored.

The Drifter

Stoo said:
(Now is your chance, Drifter!(y))

$25 bucks a pop is bargain too good to be ignored.

Oh, yeah! Having my eye on this, and soon as my paycheck comes on my debit, I am gonna be on this like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm!

Demitasse

Nothing can beat that thrill of buying them retail on the day of the release. A bit pricy, yes, but well worth it to see the 5 or so unaired and unreleased episodes at last!!! (almost made up for the lack of deleted scenes or production documentaries and interviews) A delight to be savored for you guys seeing them for the first time! Enjoy!!!

Goonie

Young Indiana Jones Volumes 1,2, & 3 - now $29.99 at Best Buy

Thought I'd give you all a heads-up, those of you that were holding off on buying Young Indy. Was in Best Buy today and noticed the DVD sets of Young Indiana Jones Volumes 1, 2, and 3 for $29.99 each! Reg price $89.99. Don't know if this price is the same in the US, but that's what it is here in Canada.:)

Goonie said:
Thought I'd give you all a heads-up, those of you that were holding off on buying Young Indy. Was in Best Buy today and noticed the DVD sets of Young Indiana Jones Volumes 1, 2, and 3 for $29.99 each! Reg price $89.99. Don't know if this price is the same in the US, but that's what it is here in Canada.:)

Thanks Goonie - was finally able to add the 'variant' version of Season 1 to my collection (they are still marked $89.99 but scan as $29.99)... YIJ DVD collection complete!

Crack that whip

throwmetheidol said:
Thanks Goonie - was finally able to add the 'variant' version of Season 1 to my collection (they are still marked $89.99 but scan as $29.99)... YIJ DVD collection complete!

"Variant"... would this be a different package design?

Crack that whip said:
"Variant"... would this be a different package design?

The original release didn't have a subtitle - Just 'Season 1'.

When Season 2 was released the package changed for Season 1 to 'Season 1 - The Early Years'...

All 3 season have subtitles now...

Goonie

throwmetheidol said:
The original release didn't have a subtitle - Just 'Season 1'.

When Season 2 was released the package changed for Season 1 to 'Season 1 - The Early Years'...

All 3 season have subtitles now...

Interesting. I didn't even noticed that. I know my copy didn't have the subtitle, but I didn't notice they added it. Now... any word if they'll release these to Blu-Ray?

Stoo

$17 bucks?!?:confused: That's an insanely low price for each volume!:eek:

I really hope Drifter has a COSTCO nearby so he can finally pick 'em up!:)